• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam "Exploration Sale" -- i.e. Autumn Sale -- now live (November 26 - December 2)

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I just want to mention that Titanfall is awesome on PC and only $5. And since it's on Origin you can try it for 24 hours to see if you like it. :D

If only I could play this on a digital storefront with an integrated community I have populated with all the people I regularly play games with.

Decado

Everyone being swayed this: GET LEGEND OF GRIMROCK II with it! It is an amazingly well done dungeon crawler: exceedingly clever, a vastly improved skill system, and fiendishly good level design. There's very good reasons the % on these deals are so small. Very, very good
How is the combat system? Heard that was a major issue in for the first game.

I haven't played it, but I thought the whole draw was that Grimrock is a throwback to the dungeon crawlers of olde?

From the footage of 2 that I've seen, the gameplay is similar to the first.

Cerity

Heh, just noticed this.
orEl3re.png

Decado

I haven't played it, but I thought the whole draw was that Grimrock is a throwback to the dungeon crawlers of olde?

From the footage of 2 that I've seen, the gameplay is similar to the first.
Seems to be more puzzle based as with a weak combat system. The first, anyway.

JohnChang

Banned
So far got CS GO & State of Decay

Not that impressed with CS Go as far as graphics, Counter Strike source Office looks better than CS GO version, maybe better texture artists with source? My R9 280x is quiet on Source but fans get louder for GO...

Haven't played State of Decay yet

The Witcher: Enhanced Edition
1.49 USD
Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY
4.99 USD
Batman Arkham Origins
4.99 USD
Batman Arkham City GOTY
4.99 USD
The Witcher 2
2.99 USD
Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 - NA Version
14.99 USD

$34.44

Yesterday. Why do I do this to myself? My laptop is janky as hell and I'm not planning on building a PC Untill September. I'll just call this a future investment! Yeah that's it.

The Witcher: Enhanced Edition
1.49 USD
Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY
4.99 USD
Batman Arkham Origins
4.99 USD
Batman Arkham City GOTY
4.99 USD
The Witcher 2
2.99 USD
Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 - NA Version
14.99 USD

$34.44

Yesterday. Why do I do this to myself? My laptop is janky as hell and I'm not planning on building a PC Untill September. I'll just call this a future investment! Yeah that's it.

I had 300 steam games before I even had a gaming machine. :)

jholmes

That FFIV price is right about where I want it. Do these come with Steam codes?

Edit:
So far I've picked up Octodad and Rogue Legacy, so about £6 spent, nothing else has really caught my eye.

Those are fantastic games so if that's all you buy, you've done pretty well.

dani_dc

Valkyria Chronicles finally finished, time to go play stuff I actually bought during the sales period.
Probably going to start up South Park.

Really irks me that none of the RE6 DLC is discounted.

So far I've picked up Octodad and Rogue Legacy, so about £6 spent, nothing else has really caught my eye.

Is that a neogaf shirt?

bigzgod

RE5 is still showing the same price at GMG and Steam for me

I think he's referring to after you take off the coupon code during the checkout phase.

That being said, I'd advise that you hold off on buying RE5 till the winter sale. There's a decent chance it'll be 75% off then, which would knock the price down to $4.99.

Zeth

I'm so hooked on The Banner Saga. How many hours can I expect to get out of it? Feel like I've played a while and it's just opening up.

Haha nice. I'm glad I aint the only one like that. I missed out on a bunch of games last gen so these sales are great for when I eventually dive fully into pc gaming. Seriously. So many deals it ain't funny.

Yep. It was a 25% off sale on the Alpha gaming pc that finally made me decide to pull the trigger. So happy to finally be playing pc games. :)

I keep getting reminded that I should play Grimrock. Got it in a bundle ages ago.

The problem I had with Grimrock is it just gets to mentally exhausting when you get further into the game without resorting to Youtube guides for puzzle solutions. I love the game but I have to be in a patient mood to want to play it.

I'm so hooked on The Banner Saga. How many hours can I expect to get out of it? Feel like I've played a while and it's just opening up.

Took me around 11 hours to beat it.

It's different. The grid-based realtime combat is something you have to meet halfway, but the quality to this was increased in this game by the enemies being more aggresive, them having more tricks to negate simple tricks, and the spells being "click and swipe" rather than individual runes being left-clicked.

D-Did Steam just officially kill its former mascots?

One of them is still in Wishlists, for what that's worth.

Top Bottom