• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam "Exploration Sale" -- i.e. Autumn Sale -- now live (November 26 - December 2)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Worries me for the upcoming DR2 and RE5 ports

DR2's online co-op isn't really the star of the show, so it doesn't really matter if that's impacted too much.

But really, it's why the whole "OMG STEAMWORKS PORT OMG GfWL DIE DIE DIE" stuff makes me leery of cheerleading. When the port jobs turn out to be like Ultra? Eeeeeeesh.

SFIV netcode is fine over here. I haven't had an issue since the beta patch in the Summer.

(I'm also playing via wired connection)[//quote]

The game still is searching for games when you're in the middle of an actual match in Endless battle, IIRC. They still haven't fixed that "issue" despite saying they did fix it. :/

Is there any way to upgrade Fallout: New Vegas to the complete edition without paying the full $5? I'm feeling dumb for buying the original game sans all DLC.

Kater

Banned
Is Fallout 3 playable on W7? I've read about a lot of issues it has. One of the top Steam reviews mentions a patch and adding some lines of code. Is it serviceable? I don't want to buy it if it's a broken mess.
It's not broken so much as it is just a product of its time. It crashes if you have a multi-core CPU since it was developed with single-core CPUs in mind. A simple tweak to the ini file fixed the stability problems of the game for me.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is there any way to upgrade Fallout: New Vegas to the complete edition without paying the full $5? I'm feeling dumb for buying the original game sans all DLC.

You could buy the DLC separately, since the UE isn't a separate app but rather a game + DLC Steam bundle (you'll notice that the app id used for the store page is abnormally high -- 2028016 versus ~335000, meaning the app doesn't actually exist), but doing so would actually cost you more.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
How do you see yesterdays deals? they should still be availble right?

They're in the OP. You may notice that the current deals have "Dec1" in the image filesnames, but that's just because the store updates at 2am here (1am when the US is observing daylight savings).

quanchu

I've been playing street fighter online since ae came out on pc and the netcode really isn't that bad if you play in endless mode. It's still the best fighting came on pc.

Elija2

I have Win8.1. Anything special I need to do to get Max Payne 1 & 2 to work or will they be fine right out of the gate?

I got Max Payne 1 to run but I had to mess with the compatibility settings and the sound was all messed up. Apparently there's an unofficial patch that fixes the sound but I couldn't find a working download link. I didn't try Max Payne 2 but it's probably the same deal.

So many good games on sale today.

Divinity: Original Sin: a great resurrection of the CRPG genre. I highly recommend getting the Collector's Edition that includes two copies and giving the other one to a friend also loves the genre. I don't think there has been another game outside of playing with a DM in Neverwinter Nights that has recreated the feeling of a pen and paper RPG experience like this game has. Also, pick up Wasteland 2 while you're at it, and your life will be complete.

Everyone being swayed this: GET LEGEND OF GRIMROCK II with it! It is an amazingly well done dungeon crawler: exceedingly clever, a vastly improved skill system, and fiendishly good level design. There's very good reasons the % on these deals are so small. Very, very good reasons.

GAF,

Sell me on Transistor?

It has wonderful art and music, plus the Function battle system could be incredibly powerful, even for as well-realized as it is now. It does do some things wrong that Bastion did right that they share though.

The Flash

Banned
I got Max Payne 1 to run but I had to mess with the compatibility settings and the sound was all messed up. Apparently there's an unofficial patch that fixes the sound but I couldn't find a working download link. I didn't try Max Payne 2 but it's probably the same deal.

Shame. Doubt you can use a controller too.

Ozium

I have Win8.1. Anything special I need to do to get Max Payne 1 & 2 to work or will they be fine right out of the gate?

the types of sound files used in MP1 are older formats that arent supported, the patch can be found via the game's discussion pages on steam, after you use that it works great..

MP2 works out of the gate

edit: link to mp1 patch above lol

The Flash

Banned
Picked up Oniken and Gunpoint... Was great to see NeoGaf listed as a primary source recommedning Oniken for me haha- after playing through Metal Slug 3 and Jobbs' Ghost Song Beta I've been itching for sidescrollers.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
A totally basic question but I only really got into PC gaming back in April.

The higher the ping, the better the connection?

You wouldn't have happened to have played Chivalry Medieval Warfare just now? Someone legit asked the same question in the chat, thought it was a joke at first :p

Pachimari

You wouldn't have happened to have played Chivalry Medieval Warfare just now? Someone legit asked the same question in the chat, thought it was a joke at first :p

Oh no, I'm not playing now. I were playing Call of Duty: Black Ops II when I were reminded of the ping. :)

I don't feel like Transistor has gotten nearly as much of the praise that Bastion did.

Bastion is novel, Transistor is not. After the breath of fresh air that is Bastion, releasing a game that so desperately wants to mimick it can only end in disaster. I mean, they all but directly copied the well-received storytelling and sound design of Bastion, while the forgettable gameplay was drastically overhauled.

I might be crazy but didn't you used to get an email from steam when a game from your wishlist was a daily deal? Could of sworn that's how it used to work..

Bastion is novel, Transistor is not. After the breath of fresh air that is Bastion, releasing a game that so desperately wants to mimick it can only end in disaster. I mean, they all but directly copied the well-received storytelling and sound design of Bastion, while the forgettable gameplay was drastically overhauled.

I don't see what's wrong with that. are indie developers somehow expected to make drastically different games every time?

(note: I haven't played transistor)

Grief.exe

I'm playing Max Payne 2 on 8.1 at 4K right now.

There are unofficial widescreen and sound patches available. You may also have to do some other fixes to get the game running appropriately on your system.

Pcgamingwiki is always a good place to start.

How similar to Age of Empires is Age of Wonders? Is the deluxe edition worth the two dollars?

Age of Empires is an RTS, Age of Wonders is a 4X.

rickyson1

I don't see what's wrong with that. are indie developers somehow expected to make drastically different games every time?

I don't really think anyones saying that there's anything wrong with it so much as that that's why it doesn't have as much hype

How similar to Age of Empires is Age of Wonders? Is the deluxe edition worth the two dollars?

Age of Empires is like Starcraft. Age of Wonders is turn-based like Civilization.

If you're looking for real-time combat with turn-based gameplay as well, look into the Total War games or even King Arthur: The Roleplaying Wargame.

Regardless of my feelings on Transistor, I think the lack of sublime new ideas are what stopped it from being a media sensation like Bastion was. That's all I was getting at.

Top Bottom