• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam "Exploration Sale" -- i.e. Autumn Sale -- now live (November 26 - December 2)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
OMG they discounted the San Diego Line of Train Simluator when I don't have the money for it. It's the only one I wanted. *RAGE*

KissVibes

Banned
Want to buy Saints Row IV complete, started new job this week and won't get paid until this upcoming Friday. There's always Christmas, I suppose.

Hmm. Steam Canada has Transistor at $10.99 and PSN has it for $7.99. Combined with the 25% off PSN cards I got a while back, that's basically $5.99. Is buying Transistor on PC worth the extra five bucks? I'm leaning towards the PS4 version based on those prices.

Also: shocking milestone, Steam being beaten by PSN during a Steam sale. What. Steam sale just convinced me to buy Transistor... on PS4. Oh well, might pick up Dragon Commander based on the Durante seal of approval (but dear lord I already have too much to play).

Nordicus

Stop the presses!

Seemingly as part of the Divinity: OS 48 hour deal, Dragon Commander is 75% off!

dragon0vcw4.png

Check here to see why you should buy it.
Steam should honestly put a "FRANCHISE/SERIES" stamp on front-page sales like that

Hindl

Damn was kinda hoping Divinity would drop a little more in price. Might jump on it, unless would it be unusual for it to be even lower in the holiday sale, given that it's only another month away?

cicero

It's because the community thread hasn't been locked.

I get that though. I have been refreshing and switching back from one to the other since the sale started, it still feels much slower than previous sales. Modbot should be reworked into also providing a hype man at a rap battle style sale related exclamations, interjections, and commentary to heighten the flow of the thread. Get those crowds excited.

Do encores occur on the final day of the Steam Autumn Sale, or do only certain seasonal sales do that? I feel like getting the Far Cry 3 Franchise Pack and Saint's Row IV since I already missed out on the daily deal for Deus Ex Human Revolution.

Jonm1010

Banned
You'll be blown away if you haven't played a 2K NBA game before.

....By how awful NBA games have gotten: Microtransactions all over the place, broken gameplay, broken online, frustrating A.I. teammates and opponents, players that control like they are running through mud, broken jumpshot system.

Shifty1897

Haven't bought anything this sale. I just bought Dragon Age: Inquisition earlier this week and I feel kind of bad buying anything else unless it's just too good a price to pass up.

Divinity: Original Sin, The Evil Within, and Endless Legend would have got me if any of them were $15 or less.
Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky would have got me if it was on sale AT ALL.
See ya at Christmas time, Steam?

Easy_D

never left the stone age
RE6 is better than 5. Great co-op game, great combat system too, just watch or read a tutorial first.

Still no Tomb Raider 2013

Is RE6 worth it at that price or should I hold out for Winter sale for less?

It depends. RE6 is a flawed game, but it does present one of the best third-person shooter systems to exist - it's just hard to get into (it comes across as very punishing, doesn't teach you about its nuances at all, and it has many unpolished aspects). It's also specifically built around being played with other people; if you don't have someone to play with I think it's a bit harder to sell. But I do think the game does enough right that it's worth checking out.

Stop the presses!

Seemingly as part of the Divinity: OS 48 hour deal, Dragon Commander is 75% off!

dragon0vcw4.png

Check here to see why you should buy it.

Didn't this game also had the strategic waifu aspect? Or I'm mixing it with Valkyria Chronicles.

Either way, man, don't do this to me, I'm torn between Saint's Row IV and now this... Choices, choices!

Gilby

Tri: Of Friendship and Madness is still 75% off, so only 4$. One of my favourite indie games of the year. If you like first-person puzzle stuff like Anti-chamber, Portal, Qbeh-1,etc. then you should definitely buy it!

Most under-rated game of the year IMO.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
RE6 is better than 5. Great co-op game, great combat system too, just watch or read a tutorial first.

No.

Is RE6 worth it at that price

Nooooooooooooooooooooo. Get Biohazard 4: HD instead. Or, preferably wait for Biohazard: REbirth/REmake to hit Steam. Muuuuuch better use of your time and money.

Nzyme32

Hmm. Steam Canada has Transistor at $10.99 and PSN has it for $7.99. Combined with the 25% off PSN cards I got a while back, that's basically $5.99. Is buying Transistor on PC worth the extra five bucks? I'm leaning towards the PS4 version based on those prices.

Also: shocking milestone, Steam being beaten by PSN during a Steam sale. What. Steam sale just convinced me to buy Transistor... on PS4. Oh well, might pick up Dragon Commander based on the Durante seal of approval (but dear lord I already have too much to play).

I'm under the impression that Transistor remains at a higher price on Steam since it is still selling like crazy, if the previous chart placing is any indication to go by.

nded

Eyeing Original Sin. Might pick up a Steam card after I get out of work; they sell those at 7-Eleven?

How does Ultra SF IV run on PC? Haven't played a SFIV since the original one.

It's not especially demanding. It ran pretty well on my old Core 2 Duo setup, and that was through Wine on Ubuntu.

sleepykyo

Depending on what players want RE6 isn't that bad. It has excellent combat so fans of mercenaries in RE5/RE4 should be happy to apply the new mechanics (counters, drop and roll, etc) to the mode. The story campaigns themselves are pretty awful though. Like the staff that designed the set pieces were trying too hard to copy what's popular without the talent. This results in goofy stuff like a qte sequence to look for car keys or piss poor camera angles during a chase sequence.

tim.mbp

Jørdan;140997706 said:

PSA: Buy Legend of Grimrock II

The 3% that left negative reviews don't know their arse from their elbow.

Steam Review said:
Make sure you know what you are getting into before buying this game. The movement system in this game is horrible. You can go left right up down and you move 1 block at a time. The combat system is clunky and annoying. The puzzles are alright but the game is unbarable to play.

Example A.

Sonic Hits Collection on Amazon is 12.49. Worth it? I only really want Generations, but its 15 dollars on its own.
Honestly Generations is worth an easy $20 based on the quality of the game plus the ridiculous modding community it has.

I'm sure other people wouldn't mind taking the extra games off your hands, as they're separate Steam keys.

Guy.brush

If one were to buy COD:BLOPS2 JUST for the zombie maps, would this be stupid?
How much content is there? Would not even bother with singleplayer campaign or grinding levels in multiplayer.
(COD: WAW hat coop campaign, Treyarch what happened?)

LordK

Does USF4 actually render at above 1920x1080? I know vanilla (and Super I think) would max out at 1920x1080 natively and upscale to resolutions beyond that.

maguskain

Well, you guys sold me on Age of Wonders 3. Hopefully Divinity drops some more so I can grab that and be done

Funny - exact same boat for me. But I'm jumping in on Divinity now - been debating since Thanksgiving and I figured I've wasted enough time thinking about it.

Now I just have to resist splurging on Risen 3 or Dragon Commander...those recommendations from Durante is tempting.

Top Bottom