• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2017 - Magical Pyres can't melt Cold Steel

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot 2 said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (the_firewithin, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin -- MB-03D71C4500B5A99B - Taken by sixteen-bit. 30 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Galactic Civilizations III -- MB-DD03C310EAC35891 - Taken by Zeneric. 6 entrants total.

t1499459387z1.png

Benedict

Forgot about Kero Blaster since it wasn't on my wishlist for some reason.
What did % did it go for during the sale?

Pretty solid bundle for me, almost everything was on my wishlist. Dark Souls and Hyper Light Drifter are doubles, but I don't really mind getting extra copies of good games for gifting.

Came home after work, saw that my friend gifted me july humble monthly. But when i redeemed gift link and got pillars and fucking NBA, i was really confused. And then i realized that new month started 10 minutes ago and i missed july bundle because i didn't checked my mail earlier. Great job as always, HB.

louiedog

Came home after work, saw that my friend gifted me july humble monthly. But when i redeemed gift link and got pillars and fucking NBA, i was really confused. And then i realized that new month started 10 minutes ago and i missed july bundle because i didn't checked my mail earlier. Great job as always, HB.

Wait, so when someone gifts a monthly bundle it's just A monthly bundle and not THAT month?

That seems like a weird way to do it considering there are unlocks and someone might be trying to gift specific games.

Arulan

€40 for Grimoire?!
No thank you.

I don't really see the problem, assuming it is a quality game. The game appears to offer an insane level of content, and offering an experience not seen since Wizardry VII: Crusaders of the Dark Savant. It's without a doubt a niche genre that will mostly attract CRPG enthusiasts. Although not relevant from a consumer standpoint, the time invested into its development is also insane.

Everyone has to make their own personal value judgement, but I've never understood the sentiment of they're asking that much for this type of game?!.

kulapik

Humble "I got it for PoE" Monthly

ModBot said:
Instructions for kulapik:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (kulapik, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
NBA 2K17 #1 -- MB-295C6152D6F737E8 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 11 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
NBA 2K17 #2 -- MB-154B209EB5CD35EC - Taken by MaxiLive. 11 entrants total.

t1499459386z1.png

Wait, so when someone gifts a monthly bundle it's just A monthly bundle and not THAT month?

That seems like a weird way to do it considering there are unlocks and someone might be trying to gift specific games.
Yeah, i was surprised too, i was pretty sure that giftlinks are linked to specific bundles, not just monthly sub. I already sent ticket to HB support, i'll post here their response when they'll answer me.

It does bug me how much attention Humble gives to Stardock.

But then again, that usually amounts to making their games free, which means I can get their games without supporting their scummy CEO.

Guys, Hyper Light Drifter is freaking amazing. I finished it last week and I'm considering replaying it, it's really really good.

Combat demands precision, but is also very fun. The world is beautiful and filled with secrets. The plot is told through images and the environment, so it's great for people who prefer stories with lots of questions and little answers.

Vastag

It does bug me how much attention Humble gives to Stardock.

But then again, that usually amounts to making their games free, which means I can get their games without supporting their scummy CEO.

Is a humble thing or a stardock thing? I mean, perhaps they are offering their games every month.

PD: If you got Stellaris last month is a better space 4x than Galactic Civilizations III. The two of them have their faults, but GC III AI can be frustrating.

HMB leftovers

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Father_Brain, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Galactic Civilizations III -- MB-9C2AEB8AE770A2AB - Taken by boybrushdRED. 17 entrants total.
Armello -- MB-FE0616885E609CCD - Taken by fspm. 40 entrants total.
SimplePlanes -- MB-E81428B5918B8948 - Taken by Vlad. 11 entrants total.

t1499535851z1.png

Are games in the Monthly Bundle more likely to be in future upcoming bundles? Or less likely? Just kinda curious if there's a relationship there.

Humble Bundle doesn't make bundles anymore ?

Well, it was a string of Steam Summer Sale and Monthly Bundle hitting in consecutive weeks.

Knurek

I don't really see the problem, assuming it is a quality game. The game appears to offer an insane level of content, and offering an experience not seen since Wizardry VII: Crusaders of the Dark Savant. It's without a doubt a niche genre that will mostly attract CRPG enthusiasts.

Well, Wiz 7 goes for €5 before discounts nowadays. M&M 1-6 go for €9.
Is Grimoire really ~8 times better than these games?
says the guy who regularly spends €50 or more on a glorified audiobook (with sporadic tits)

Tripolygon

Banned
Some leftovers from July humble bundle sub. Hope someone enjoys it.
ModBot said:
Instructions for danhese007:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (danhese007, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

t1cxE6r.gif
Galactic Civilizations III -- MB-A80A3EF765CD05CE - Taken by microdot. 5 entrants total.
SimplePlanes -- MB-4AFFA72517D26EF9 - Taken by OmarYusaf. 3 entrants total.

t1499460305z1.png

I think slightly more likely. It's not uncommon to see monthly bundle stuff in the weeklies a few months/a year later.

Gotcha, that would make sense, too. I wonder if there's an analysis on this, like proportion of Monthlies in future (or past) weeklies, average lag time between them, etc...

neoemonk

I signed up for Humble Monthly two days ago because I've missed a few games that I was disappointed about, and I figured screw it. I've spent a ton of cash on MMO sub money, and it's about the same price. I was really happy to see that I got Pillars of Eternity today.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I'm at 299 games now. Damn, I wanted Xanadu to be my 300th but I don't think I'll be able to last until next sale.
Gotcha, that would make sense, too. I wonder if there's an analysis on this, like proportion of Monthlies in future (or past) weeklies, average lag time between them, etc...
Not sure about everything else (although it shouldn't be hard to figure out if I were willing to put the time into it), but the proportion of monthlies in past weeklies is 0, at least so far.
tizoc's giveaway has 15 minutes left but modbot is already assigning winners?

okay
Maybe he forgot to put autorepost on his initial giveaway? So when he resent the raffle to modbot it didn't update the keys.

Humble "I got it for PoE" Monthly

I got it for NBA.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rockin' Ranger:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rockin' Ranger, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Pillars of Eternity -- MB-F1EF532CA17E0584 - Taken by famfrit. 17 entrants total.

t1499450899z1.png

The Timberwolves trading for Jimmy Butler has made me want to play a shootyhoops game.

Tripolygon

Banned
Guys, Hyper Light Drifter is freaking amazing. I finished it last week and I'm considering replaying it, it's really really good.

Combat demands precision, but is also very fun. The world is beautiful and filled with secrets. The plot is told through images and the environment, so it's great for people who prefer stories with lots of questions and little answers.
Yea i've been meaning to play it but i didn't own it, i'm glad i subbed this month and luckily it was part of the bundle.

It is not the best but it certainly not the worst. Dark Souls 2 kinda makes it for me really and everything else is just gravy.

Unless the person already has most of those games, I don't understand how they can say it's a terrible bundle (or even not a decent one, at that). DS2 and HLD are likely worth the $12 alone.

FLD

Ohh, Pillars of Eternity. Nice! Instant resub.

As for this month, disappointing but not completely awful for me. I've wanted Kero Blaster for a while and I'll definitely give that Sherlock Holmes game a shot at some point.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Were the White March DLC for PoE part of the Summer sale?
Yeah, for 40% off. In the past it went for 50% though (RIP my $2.49).

Speaking of which, PoE was incredibly close to hitting the 1 mil mark before this bundle: it's at 939,340 ± 25,351. I can't see pre-summer sales owners though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom