• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2017 - Magical Pyres can't melt Cold Steel

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Humble Monthly looks dope. I don't have any of them, and would probably like nearly all of them.

But can't blow $12 on these bundles right now. :(

Benedict

rigged :)

yes, but if you live in Europe they probably increased in price from the last sale because of PARADOX

Guess I missed it. Another item that was not on my wishlist.
The White March DLC is now 23,99€ for the pack or 14,99€ each here in Sweden.
Will hope for 75% or more in a future sale.

gelf

I would have been pretty happy with that Humble Monthly but alas I didn't subscribe because I already have Dark Souls 2.

Think I'll get the next one for Pillars but that probably means the rest will be trash for my taste.

So if Half-Life 3 is out of question, are there any news or leaks about any other games from Valve like L4D3, Portal 3, TF3? Any news about updating their old games with full fledged Source Engine 2.0 version and not like the very light version seen in Dota 2?
Seriously, are Valve so afraid that their engine can't keep up with the tremendous amount of great engines this gen, seeing that they were pioneers at their time with Source Engine (not surprising since there was almost no competition at that time), that is why they are delaying any game using it to an unknown date?

Ozium

Guess I missed it. Another item that was not on my wishlist.
The White March DLC is now 23,99€ for the pack or 14,99€ each here in Sweden.
Will hope for 75% or more in a future sale.

I believe Paradox said they would readjust the prices after people complained and review bombed them.. not sure if Sweden was affected.. isn't that where Paradox is HQ'd? not sure why they'd want to screw over their own peoples

Popstar

So if Half-Life 3 is out of question, are there any news or leaks about any other games from Valve like L4D3, Portal 3, TF3? Any news about updating their old games with full fledged Source Engine 2.0 version and not like the very light version seen in Dota 2?
Seriously, are Valve so afraid that their engine can't keep up with the tremendous amount of great engines this gen, seeing that they were pioneers at their time with Source Engine (not surprising since there was almost no competition at that time), that is why they are delaying any game using it to an unknown date?
...and what ever happened to releasing Source 2.0 for free? Remember that?

Tripolygon

Banned
Unless the person already has most of those games, I don't understand how they can say it's a terrible bundle (or even not a decent one, at that). DS2 and HLD are likely worth the $12 alone.
Yea i think thats what it boils down to, I already own and enjoyed the game so its trash because it is part of another sale promotion. Its kinda akin to when people say PSN or XBL sales are trash because they already bought the game.

yuraya

I seriously doubt Valve cares about competition. Outside of the Fox Engine there hasn't been anything tremendous this gen imo. And even the Fox Engine is forever gone stuck in Konami limbo making shitty soccer games.

Aaron D.

sports video games are the only place where wolves fans can have an ounce of hope

That's funny.

The Wolfies (as she calls 'em) are my wife's home team.

I don't think she'll ever forgive me for Kevin getting traded to Boston (my home team) and the Celtics getting a ring his very first year there.

(Though she's genuinely happy for Garnett.)

Benedict

I believe Paradox said they would readjust the prices after people complained and review bombed them.. not sure if Sweden was affected.. isn't that where Paradox is HQ'd? not sure why they'd want to screw over their own peoples

Swedish game companies thrive in screwing over their own people.
At least it happens quite often.

Edit: Speaking of Sweden.
Gamersgate have a sale where God Eater 2 Rage Burst is on a 70% discount (146 sek)

Ozium

That's funny.

The Wolfies (as she calls 'em) are my wife's home team.

I don't think she'll ever forgive me for Kevin getting traded to Boston (my home team) and the Celtics getting a ring his very first year there.

(Though she's genuinely happy for Garnett.)

I live in Minneapolis that is why I am comfortable shitting on the wolves

because they deserve it.

Man of course the last two months of Humble Monthly are shit for me, then I cancel and next month's early unlock is Pillars. I won't cave and get another month!

Vlad

Say what you want, bundle with DS2/Hyper Light Drifter/Armello/GalCiv 3/Devils Daughter/Kero Blaster for $12 is great value... if you don't have any of those games.

At this point, somebody's always going to complain about what's in a bundle on the grounds that they own everything in it already, ignoring the fact that that doesn't make the bundle "bad".

Going in blind is pretty much the risk on Humble Monthly. Between that, and the fact that there's no way I'd have the time to play even the games I was remotely interested in before the next month anyway keeps me away from subbing.

Ozium

Man of course the last two months of Humble Monthly are shit for me, then I cancel and next month's early unlock is Pillars. I won't cave and get another month!

I mean.. I am with you in regards to shitting on the monthly and humble in general, but if you want POE $12 is worth it and is cheaper than its ever been on steam

At this point, somebody's always going to complain about what's in a bundle on the grounds that they own everything in it already, ignoring the fact that that doesn't make the bundle "bad".

Going in blind is pretty much the risk on Humble Monthly. Between that, and the fact that there's no way I'd have the time to play even the games I was remotely interested in before the next month anyway keeps me away from subbing.

nah, the fact that people own games that have never been bundled before doesn't make it bad. it's the fact they are now bringing in games that have been bundled MONTHS ago from the likes of IndieGala and Groupees, not to mention their own humble bundles... when they originally pitched the idea that it was going to be generally previously unbundled games and catered towards people who already engage with humble bundle. that's bad.

I seriously doubt Valve cares about competition. Outside of the Fox Engine there hasn't been anything tremendous this gen imo.

Well, I wasn't only talking about multiplatform engines that are used for many games, like UE4,Fox Engine, Unity, Cryengine,Frostbite ID Tech 6, Snowdrop Engine, Anvil Engine but also the exclusive engines for games like Dawn Engine for Deus EX Mankind Divided, Void Engine for Dishonored 2 and the different engines for every PS4 exclusive game besides some for other consoles. Most of them look very outstanding and Valve are aware that it would be very hard to surpass all of them.

Wok

Am I the only one with two keys on Humble store page for NBA?

You and me.

Humble "I got it for PoE" Monthly

You too got two.

It does bug me how much attention Humble gives to Stardock.

But then again, that usually amounts to making their games free, which means I can get their games without supporting their scummy CEO.

As if the Monthly money did not go their way...

Anyway, I find it odd that the Monthly hates so much on Endless Space 2 that they would give Stellaris the month ES2 is released, and then Galactic Civ III.

Just only buy the ones that you want the unlock so you cant be (really) be disappointed

Yea that's what I did (for Dirty Rally and Inside lol) then forgot to cancel for the next two months. Just realized I was still subbed, and cancelled, and now I want next month's early unlock. Fuckin humble bastards got me!

I'll prob get it and giveaway the extras here.

tmarg

Just buy it for a few bucks from B/S/T. That's been my approach to the monthly since it started, and I haven't yet regretted it.

Ozium

pretty sure everyone got two NBA keys, Punished Snake tried to give me his second one and it said it was not available for purchase so it didn't unlock anything. it's region locked.

So one of the keys is ROW or just NA and EU maybe? and the 2nd one is for.. I dunno.. Bulgaria or something.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
pretty sure everyone got two NBA keys, Punished Snake tried to give me his second one and it said it was not available for purchase so it didn't unlock anything. it's region locked.

So one of the keys is ROW or just NA and EU maybe? and the 2nd one is for.. I dunno.. Bulgaria or something.

I only got one key. Maybe it's just non-US or non-NA people getting two?

Wok

What are the VC people are complaining about regarding NBA 2K17? Micro-transactions? In-game credits which can be bought with money?

Dpz8mOo.png

Next year, we will get WWE 2K18.

Tizoc

Congrats to all the winners, hope youe enjoy the games, but please let me know if you encountered issues redeeming your keys.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

MbmDY6z.png

Mystery Game #1 -- MB-F33D440FD9978F1F - Taken by Large Professor. 15 entrants total.

t1499453878z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Vd1j7n6.png

Mystery Game #1 -- MB-F89AA1DA9236C458 - Taken by illusionary. 4 entrants total. - Taken by Popstar. 3 entrants total.
Mystery Game #2 -- MB-C2D61FEBAAA7D5E6 - Taken by FeedMeAStrayCat. 12 entrants total.
Mystery Game #3 -- MB-B67B93EFE8454245 - Taken by C4rter. 4 entrants total.

t1499454395z1.png

I'm on the verge of buying PUBG. How is it to play it alone?

Solo play is the main game mode--100 person free-for-all battle royale. It is some of the most intense multiplayer I've ever experienced. The matches can start slow, but I feel like it distills competitive shooters into its purest form--any encounter is a big deal, and being one of the final ten is incredibly exhilarating.

You're always matched up against even sized groups (solo, duo, etc. up to 4) so group size or parties are never a concern. It's a really smart way to design the game. They also play differently: e.g. in solo, if you go down you're dead--in group play, you're merely downed and can be revived, taking a second kill to become permanently slain.

Just note that if performance issues bother you, you'll probably want to wait on PUB. It can be pretty rough right now, even with weekly patches.

That seems like it was a pretty nice humble monthly, I didn't get it myself because I already have Dark Souls 2 (also have Hyper Light Drifter, great game btw).

I'm tempted by PoE, those kind of games are really hit or miss with me though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom