• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caerith

Thanks, I'll actually have to try that. I abandoned my last play-through with the main quest stuck at this exact point. I'm pretty sure I shot House in the face in my first play-through but the golf club is a nice touch.
I think you only get the choice if
you did the faction quests before you were sent to kill them, otherwise they might not trust you enough.

GodVegeta

Neo Member
There are co-op missions, survival mode, stealth missions, objective missions, and more. Add Spies vs Mercenaries there's plenty of co-op and versus content to keep you busy.

One of the best stealth game to release in the past few years and its just as competent as an action game. Graphics are also very nice.

Thank you! I will buy then. :)

The baby has a shitty parent. Not the baby's fault!

I pre-ordered it for $35 bucks or something, before it said Uplay on the store page, and then they added Uplay to the storepage, right after it released. So I'm still salty.

Maybe I'll play it one day, until then it can rot in my library :p.

Hey SteamGAF, I need opinions again. Is SC: Blacklist worth $8? I enjoyed Conviction to a point, but.........

Sooo good. Far better than Conviction and the best SC game in years and years. One of my favorite games of last year. Was a real surprise and blast to play.

SugarDave

Damn, I was hoping Chaos Theory would drop further along with Blacklist.
LLShC.gif

Zeliard

If you're reading this and you're on the fence about Splinter Cell: Blacklist

Do it

Yes, Blacklist is legit. If you're solid at stealth games I also highly recommend playing on Perfectionist difficulty. No dumb Execute maneuver, sonar goggles can't see through walls, enemies spot you more quickly, and you can't refill ammo mid-mission so there's more emphasis on stealth and being tactically adept with how you use your various tools.

Plot and scenario design are typical Clancy technothriller garbage, characters are just as shallow as you'd expect, and the economy is comically broken, but the actual core stealth is pretty strong.

The levels are fairly layered and individual missions can be quite lengthy your first time through; enemy AI is competent and on level retries they change their routes; the game is fairly well-balanced as far as allowing playthroughs for pure ghost stealth, lethal stealth, and all-out assault. The former approach is going to be more difficult than the latter, but that's by design, and in my experience so far there's only been one section where trying to ghost stealth was a little aggravating.

Spies vs. Mercs also makes its much-needed return, and every side mission can be completed in co-op, so the multiplayer element is also significant.

Hey SteamGAF, I need opinions again. Is SC: Blacklist worth $8? I enjoyed Conviction to a point, but.........

Though i havent played the game a whole lot, what i have played i have enjoyed thoroughly ( much more than conviction). Gameplay itself works very well. I would definitely recommend it at the sale price.

BruteUA

This is the only Cornetto we have.

Yarp!

I was going to post a picture of a Drumstick, which I'm sure is inferior. But I didn't want that grumpy guy to shit up the thread complaining about me shitting up the thread.

So I'm making 3 posts about ice cream cones instead.

GodVegeta

Neo Member
Yes, Blacklist is legit. If you're solid at stealth games I also highly recommend playing on Perfectionist difficulty. No dumb Execute maneuver, sonar goggles can't see through walls, enemies spot you more quickly, and you can't refill ammo mid-mission so there's more emphasis on stealth and being tactically adept with how you use your various tools.

Plot and characters are typical shallow Clancy technothriller garbage, and the economy is comically broken, but the actual core stealth is pretty strong.

The levels are fairly layered and individual missions can be quite lengthy your first time through; enemy AI is competent and on level retries they change their routes; the game is fairly well-balanced as far as allowing playthroughs for pure ghost stealth, lethal stealth, and all-out assault. The former approach is going to be more difficult than the latter, but that's by design, and in my experience so far there's only been one section where trying to ghost stealth was a little aggravating.

Spies vs. Mercs also makes its much-needed return, and every side mission can be completely in co-op, so the multiplayer element is also significant.

Thanks for the tips. Will definitly play on Perfectionist then. Sounds like it is the real deal. I have been longing for a good stealth game.

Seaklng

Banned
Since I prefer to think of myself as less an ungrateful piece of shit, but just an average run-of-the-mill piece of shit. Forgot to put the name, it's BROTHERS - A TALE OF TWO SONS IN BRIGHT RED LETTERS. Haven't played it, might suck, might not.

EDIT: If it doesn't work for whatever reason, PM me.

<33

I wonder if it's good.

(If it's actually Bad Rats, you're going down..)

Plot and scenario design are typical Clancy technothriller garbage, characters are just as shallow as you'd expect, and the economy is comically broken, but the actual core stealth is pretty strong.

Spies vs. Mercs also makes its much-needed return, and every side mission can be completed in co-op, so the multiplayer element is also significant.

That sounds awesome, can't wait to check it out.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Had this in my inventory for a while now, hope the winner enjoys it! :)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Deponia -- MB-51DE5CFB93FBEF76 - Taken by xptoxyz. 9 entrants total.

t1403642320z1.png

My first giveaway. Hopefully I set it up correctly.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

One Way Heroics -- MB-8273122C2DE09755 - Taken by xenoflux2113. 10 entrants total.

t1403642370z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom