• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
DniVaxp.png
Oh man. I love the menu background from Sam & Max Save The World:

Haven't seen any artwork of that quality from recent Telltale productions. This is pretty great as well, but that's not suprising since it's made by Steve Purcell.
Still not sure what I think about ToMI. It sure is better then Escape, i'll give 'em that...

But anyhow, i'm going waaaay offtopic here. Nice mistery giveaway, good sir. :)

Let's do Portal (because I did it as a mystery before and let's face it, 90% of people already own Portal. So that was a dumb move.)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Portal -- MB-F9FD93C382EB02EF - Taken by Troblin. 7 entrants total.

t1403641083z1.png

Kadin

Never noticed the green bar underneath titles that are on sale which seems to indicate ones you already own. Is this new?

edit: Enhanced Steam FTW. Forgot I was in my browser... :p

dont forget

here's my proposition to you:

Modbot chooses the image of the game based around the name I input... so the game could be not bad rats, and Modbot wouldnt know it

the game could be something else....... ;)

or it could not

let the games begin

7enW2wN.gif
brb buying 25 copies of Bad Rats to giveaway so I can enter your Bad Rats giveaway.

-Deimos

dont forget

here's my proposition to you:

Modbot chooses the image of the game based around the name I input... so the game could be not bad rats, and Modbot wouldnt know it

the game could be something else....... ;)

or it could not

let the games begin

7enW2wN.gif

Obviously a trap.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
If you're reading this and you're on the fence about Splinter Cell: Blacklist

Do it

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
the whole thing surrounding this game confuses me. is it just a really really awful game or something and that's the joke?

It's a puzzle game that's not dissimilar to The Incredible Machine in that you add items to Goldberg machines to achieve outcomes, normally involving brutally murdering a cat. It has a strong emphasis on physics. The physics are super fidgety, which makes it a miserable game. I also found the UI quite poor.

It's also hideous. The aesthetic is, it would best be described as a sort of grafitti gangbanger garish aesthetic meets 90s hardcore CG. There are extremely bloody gib explosions when you kill a cat. The menu is awful.

It's probably not the worst game on Steam, although physics-based puzzlers are routinely terrible.

But yes, the reason why people post it is in acknowledgement of it being a bad game.

Caerith

How did you manage this? Was it charisma based speech check or some hidden questline or something?
I honestly didn't mind too much about House dying. It was blowing up the BOS that I didn't want to do. It seemed a waste not to put House to work for the NCR or BOS though.

I completed the faction quests for BOS and kept the old guy as the leader-- the new guy is too much of a hawk. When you're sent to kill the BOS, go talk to the leader and he offers a treaty instead, and the NCR is all too happy to have their help.

House would never willingly work for anyone, I think. If you choose to side with him, he's also very insistent that you kill the BOS-- no treaty, no anything. They're a threat to his power. Personally, I beat House to death with a golf club.

nexen

I completed the faction quests for BOS and kept the old guy as the leader-- the new guy is too much of a hawk. When you're sent to kill the BOS, go talk to the leader and he offers a treaty instead, and the NCR is all too happy to have their help.

House would never willingly work for anyone, I think. If you choose to side with him, he's also very insistent that you kill the BOS-- no treaty, no anything. They're a threat to his power. Personally, I beat House to death with a golf club.

Thanks, I'll actually have to try that. I abandoned my last play-through with the main quest stuck at this exact point. I'm pretty sure I shot House in the face in my first play-through but the golf club is a nice touch.

So I see you're familiar with Milamber

grossssssss

kris.

Banned
It's a puzzle game that's not dissimilar to The Incredible Machine in that you add items to Goldberg machines to achieve outcomes, normally involving brutally murdering a cat. It has a strong emphasis on physics. The physics are super fidgety, which makes it a miserable game. I also found the UI quite poor.

It's also hideous. The aesthetic is, it would best be described as a sort of grafitti gangbanger garish aesthetic meets 90s hardcore CG. There are extremely bloody gib explosions when you kill a cat. The menu is awful.

It's probably not the worst game on Steam, although physics-based puzzlers are routinely terrible.

But yes, the reason why people post it is in acknowledgement of it being a bad game.

so what you're saying is that i need to buy this game

Shadownet

Banned
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Blackguards - Deluxe Edition -- MB-78C265F55C74B9D3 - Taken by Shadownet. 60 entrants total.

t1403640229z1.png

I actually won something? Wow. Didn't even think I would. Thank you grindamasta! :D

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Is there a coop like there was in Conviction?

There are co-op missions, survival mode, stealth missions, objective missions, and more. Add Spies vs Mercenaries there's plenty of co-op and versus content to keep you busy.

One of the best stealth game to release in the past few years and its just as competent as an action game. Graphics are also very nice.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Even Socrates played Portal, man.

I convinced my flatmate last year to finally play Portal after I told him for years how great the two games are.

Two days later I asked him how he liked it, he said the annoying computer voice got on his nerves so he disabled the game audio and stopped playing the game after a few chambers cause he thought it's a boring game :/

Some people.. No clue how I can still live with him :p

Backlogger

Been a while since I have done one of these so I apologize in advance for any issues. Whoever grabs Frozen Synapse there is also a multi-player key I will PM you later. If any of these games already show as redeemed I apologize.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Gun Metal -- MB-4150256E9BD2E5F7
To the Moon -- MB-74B4641FB79E4C05 - Taken by NightmareTrigger. 11 entrants total.
SANG-FROID - TALES OF WEREWOLVES -- MB-D055EB632C48D604 - Taken by Dingotech. 4 entrants total.
Runespell: Overture -- MB-DF99DBCC469FC610 - Taken by harrypmgaga. 5 entrants total.
Iron Grip: Warlord -- MB-EFA1D4B37D9236CC
Shattered Haven -- MB-7503151683C7FB5D
EDGE -- MB-97B0986FF23511E1 - Taken by FloppyDelux
A NEW BEGINNING - FINAL CUT -- MB-4696043388A96A43 - Taken by borghe. 3 entrants total.
Finding Teddy -- MB-60A92EFA92B2FF69 - Taken by Volcynika. 3 entrants total.
Frozen Synapse -- MB-A50BC59CF03AEFB3 - Taken by xBladeM6x. 2 entrants total.

t1403641619z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom