• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.
i guess we'll just have to agree to disagree then.

It's things like going to Nipton satisfies the requirement for 2 of those quests (Ghost and that one "we're doomed" ranger at the outpost) and the freeing of those Powder Gangers from the legion counts as a quest.

Sure they have more quests on that list but most of them just feel like they should be unmarked like a lot of stuff in F3 is. Not quest-worthy if you get my meaning.

Toshin

Yes. It's an actual top-tier arcade-quality (thought it started off as a doujin) shmup. Along with Ikaruga, it stands far above the other shmup offerings available on Steam.

I def do love me some Ikaruga been a long time fan

Hows the soundtrack?...seeing as it has a bundle

When I first hit that section in the game I was sitting there thinking
"why can't I try to broker a peace agreement between the BOS and NCR?" I didn't even get an option to try and fail - just go blow up their base, women and children included or don't. Don't come back until you are done. And my character's options were 'no' and stop that plot-line cold or 'okayleydokely' and go off an be a mass murderer.
It was shit design. It felt like they were purposefully trying to make sure they railroaded me into some despicable act instead of letting the story flow in a more natural way.

why the hell would anyone on either side of that dispute want a peace agreement?

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Look I don't need to spell out paragraphs here to tell you that Fallout 3 > NV.

All I need to do is ask one question:

Does YOUR game have Liam Neeson doing VO?

I rest my case.

My games has Matthew Perry, and I could fuck him if I wanted to, where is your god now?

My games has Matthew Perry, and I could fuck him if I wanted to, where is your god now?

image.php

Red

How is the situation "forced on you"? The game offers you choices the writer(s) felt appropriate for their setting. That's the game.
Yeah, that's fine. NV is not bad. To be honest, there are very few games with branching storylines I have been happy with. I stayed away from them for a while because of that.

Using the excuse "that's the game" doesn't satisfy me though. Yes, that's the game. But, let's compare something more recent. Look at the outcry over Assassin's Creed V not featuring a playable female character. That's the game. Doesn't give it a pass. At least allow a conversation. Don't dismiss criticism with "that's what the writers felt was appropriate."

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
does COD: Dog have those stupid RTS missions from BLOPS2?

Hugstable

Banned
I don't think anyone is really gonna want it, but I have an extra copy of Pat & Mat I'll put up for giveaway. I'll be doing a better giveaway later today once I finally go figure out why my Steam card from Best Buy isn't redeeming.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Pat & Mat -- MB-6E4F6A4B906C13C8 - Taken by Mavromatis. 8 entrants total.

t1403640128z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Of course I'm using the best Chrome Extension! :) Version 6.3.5, just checked. I'm I doing something wrong? Is it an option I need to enable somewhere? I want confetti's :(

Hmm that's weird, there isn't an option to enable it or anything... it should work as long as your local date matches the date on your badge page.

Maybe it's a timezone thing?

Divius

I don't think anyone is really gonna want it, but I have an extra copy of Pat & Mat I'll put up for giveaway. I'll be doing a better giveaway later today once I finally go figure out why my Steam card from Best Buy isn't redeeming.
Might make a nice addition to JaseC's collection. :D

nexen

why the hell would anyone on either side of that dispute want a peace agreement?

Why wouldn't they?
Neither faction was hell bent on the other's destruction and their cultures were not diametrically opposed. Why would they want war? Hell the BOS weren't even looking to control territory.

The_Monk

Hmm that's weird, there isn't an option to enable it or anything... it should work as long as your local date matches the date on your badge page.

Maybe it's a timezone thing?

It might be. I'll wait a bit more and report back at you. If you need any sort of screenshots or something, from the main page, my badge or the options I have enabled/disabled from ES just let me know. Always glad to help in any way possible.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Blackguards - Deluxe Edition -- MB-78C265F55C74B9D3 - Taken by Shadownet. 60 entrants total.

t1403640229z1.png

Ugh, I didn't, I'd rather have just read the book. Didn't feel like the medium added anything at all.

It's about as good as some of the movie versions, but I agree. The fake gamey-ness of it was extremely off-putting compared to its strongest qualities (voice acting, quality of the documents).

First Giveaway from me
ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:

Ikaruga -- MB-008DBFB26165EE73 - Taken by Deadbeat

Rules for this Giveaway:

Blackguards - Deluxe Edition -- MB-78C265F55C74B9D3 - Taken by Shadownet

t1403640229z1.png
Awesome giveaway sir.
I won't enter because I already own the base game. However for all the SRPG fanatics this is a good game to take a look.

lmpaler

I have bought so many games I didn't know I would want. Been playing Sleeping Dogs the last few nights, good fun.

I am really curious how Rogue Legacy will turn out, looks interesting and fun as hell.

Plus Marlow Briggs, best dollar I ever spent

Anteater

that eXceed Jade Penetrate Black Package price on capcom's page isn't even right, damn it capcom!

omgawd I missed the ikaruga giveaway while looking through capcom's page and steam for jade penetrate, CAPCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

is Crimzon Clover WORLD IGNITION a good shump to pick up? any thoughts guys?

Yes. Just about any Shmup on steam is worth a shot. I believe that one is definitely up to par.

DniVaxp.png

So I'm giving away one of the games in the banner above, which one though is a mystery.

Instructions/Rules/Stuff for participants:

-If you would like to take part in this give away you must draw a picture depicting the chaos of the Steam Summer Sale.

- You can rush it or take your time, the deadline is 10:41 PST; giving you about nine hours or so. (Also if someone could come up with some sort of countdown clock that I could embed that would be awesome!)

- When you post your artwork in the thread, please PM a link to your post so I keep track of everyone's submissions.

- I will not be judging, I'm leaving that job up to my sister. Here is her steam profile if you want to bribe her: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lordpooky :p

- Sometime after 9:41, I will post here letting people know who one and then I will gift that person the game over Steam.

Hopefully it will be fun and plenty straight forward. And if I have money after buying my new monitor and speakers then I will do some more of these before the sale ends, because having one game to give away originally wasn't my intention. EDIT: Also I will be reposting this throughout the day.

t1403678400z4.png

Winner's choice?
Price range?

Rules for this Giveaway:

Blackguards - Deluxe Edition -- MB-78C265F55C74B9D3 - Taken by Shadownet

t1403640229z1.png

Nice giveaway, sir. :hatsoff:

zonezeus

Anyone wants Summer Adventure Card 2 for free? There's no way I'm going to collect all 10 and since I'm new to Steam I can't sell it on the market before the sale ends, so it'll just go to waste. Shoot me a message if interested: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198141322619/

EDIT: Apparently I can't trade it because my account does not have 15 days yet :/ So sorry guys, I thought I'm only locked from the market...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
*tabs out to gift something, misses Ikaruga

THANKS SUAREZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom