• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xamdou

Should I get Tomb Raider for $4.99 or wait for the definitive edition? How does it compare to the upcoming PS4 ultimate edition graphics wise?

vermadas

I want Child of Light but it didn't get a good enough discount to make me bite. I have a couple days to change my mind though.

I'm also waffling on Next Car Game. On one hand, it looks like it's in a pretty early state. On the other hand, that Sneak Peak demolition playground content looks fuck awesome.

Pachimari

Haven't heard of this brand. I see it's a lefty model. I'm a lefty too, and if you haven't already conditioned yourself to play lefty (either through guitar and/or Guitar Hero/Rock Band), I'd recommend just picking up a righty. Maybe you can go to a store and try both types and see what feels more natural.

The reason I'd go righty is there's lots more options for right-handed guitars. They only manufacture about 20-25% of guitars with lefty versions, and there's usually a "lefty tax" on them.

I really can't play with my right hand. I'm totally left-handed, but I guess it would be best if I train myself in becoming right-handed, so that others can also use my guitar?

Mokoi

Banned
Good Luck

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

PGP3OVL.png
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (GOG) -- MB-994C822F1672BCE5 - Taken by Dambrosi

t1403738656z1.png

But can I really learn to play a guitar in Rocksmith?

I tried with a book I bought but that didn't work out for me.

Can't answer that I'm afraid, I could already play before I got Rocksmith. That said, I have learnt a few chords. I don't see why you couldn't learn to play with it, it eases you into the songs nicely and lets you repeat sections.

WeaselJCD

Neo Member
reminder

So I hope I did everything right

here it is

ModBot said:
Instructions for WeaselJCD:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Valiant Hearts: The Great War #2 -- MB-2F39985B3BE24DD6 - Taken by Knurek
Valiant Hearts: The Great War -- MB-70A85C5C8A3BAF0C - Taken by Shadownet

t1403731106z1.png

also add me on steam if you like: http://steamcommunity.com/id/WeaselJCD

Go Team pink!!!!!

XShagrath

I really can't play with my right hand. I'm totally left-handed, but I guess it would be best if I train myself in becoming right-handed, so that others can also use my guitar?
Or you can be a dick like me and have a left-handed model. Pretty much guarantees no one's ever gonna touch my axe.

Lomax

So Endless Space, we meet again, as we do in every sale. You look very tempting, with that graphics and that music, and yet I can't really see when I would play you, considering I already have strategy games I should play more - Civ V, Shogun 2, XCOM:EU, Crusader Kings 2.

What to do, what to do....

Buy it, then you never have to debate again.

Track down one of the 50% off coupons and get a good enough deal you won't care if you ever actually play it.

Spinluck

Reposting.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Cubetractor -- MB-656B74AEEFF54CA0 - Taken by -MD-. 13 entrants total.
Stronghold Crusader HD -- MB-D7DB9F82E7CA6F8C - Taken by 73V3N. 12 entrants total.
Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves -- MB-36C604601DE90E01 - Taken by 898. 6 entrants total.

t1403732929z1.png

liezryou

Since none of you 3 have added me for the banner saga 4 pack split, I'm gunna head off to bed. If anyone else wants it just pm me and I'll do it for you tommorrow.

ViviOggi

Yes. But I would rather have the game on Steam and not on UPlay since Uplay really is UDon'tPlay here.I receive UPlay codes for ubisoft games.
You still get Uplay with the Steam versions of Ubi games though, the only somewhat recent exception being Rayman Origins.

Khronico

So is there evidence to support the rumor that the team thing is rigged? Just eyeing the past few days have made me very suspicious of the results. Teams are winning by a landslide and the other teams don't even come close.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Should I get Tomb Raider for $4.99 or wait for the definitive edition? How does it compare to the upcoming PS4 ultimate edition graphics wise?

While the remastered edition for PS4 will have better graphics for skin, hair, and reflection of light off the two mentioned aspects, it's not such a leap from the PC version that it's a huge deciding factor. Also some dislike how the changes have caused yet another new face for Lara Croft.

I suggest getting the PS4 version only if your computer can't handle 60FPS or the high graphics settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom