• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xamdou

While the remastered edition for PS4 will have better graphics for skin, hair, and reflection of light off the two mentioned aspects, it's not such a leap from the PC version that it's a huge deciding factor. Also some dislike how the changes have caused yet another new face for Lara Croft.

I suggest getting the PS4 version only if your computer can't handle 60FPS or the high graphics settings.

I have an i7, 770gtx, and 16gb ddr3 ram... I can max it out no problem and the $5 price tag is too damn good deal.

RyanDG

So, I guess I may actually make my first purchase today (Endless Space)... I should be getting the Gold edition over the Emperor edition though, right? Only bonus in Emperor is the soundtrack?

And, I'm out of things to give away...

tumblr_inline_n7nqhhatsy1qf8m71.gif
8896fc585689.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Can't Stop Laughing Bundle -- MB-489EB5C51E64C7FA - Taken by Htown. 16 entrants total.

t1403729041z1.png

Grief.exe

in this thread, we predict the future

but maybe? 66% or something? but you can same for everything ever, and then you wouldnt buy anything...ever :p

Same goes for computer parts. Perpetually waiting for something better.

The guy who makes the air skin is slowly leaking screenshots of his next big makeover for it, I guess. I'm not sure I like it more or not.
_-RDgGM2Nlud3Ro8cuOCpcMgg3DvQ91JWhUzYA65_vo

Looks pretty good. I'll stick with the standard black and white of course.

why are you never online (on steam not here) Grief? :/

I got a job where I am working 70+ hours a week for a civil firm.

Theoretically there should be some downtime to work on school or browse GAF, but I'm still settling in at this point.

Lomax

While I prefer games on Steam, I'd think uPlay games that are purely on uPlay and not on both would be slightly less likely to have issues. Can't imagine adding another layer on top makes things more reliable. Though Steam's installation process is a lot better.

So, I guess I may actually make my first purchase today (Endless Space)... I should be getting the Gold edition over the Emperor edition though, right? Only bonus in Emperor is the soundtrack?

Gold edition includes the expansion, Emperor edition is the base game (which has a few free DLCs they made before the expansion). I bought Gold but I've seen someone in the thread say the AI is really cheap in the expansion and suggested turning it off.

rtcn63

Thanks for the gives, mokoi. Aren't you like a SMT demon or something?
tumblr_m7qufsGKQb1rbikt9o1_500.gif

It's too hot and bright. I want to finish Tomb Raider but it's night time in the game and I can't see jack.

I kinda gave up on the whole summer event thing. It's just a waste of time and money on a bunch of common items that run for 3 cents and a miniscule chance at winning 3 games.

While I prefer games on Steam, I'd think uPlay games that are purely on uPlay and not on both would be slightly less likely to have issues. Can't imagine adding another layer on top makes things more reliable. Though Steam's installation process is a lot better.

How about you ask the people in the update loops for games like Blacklist how that lack of Steam is working out for them... ;)

garath

So switching payment methods can lock you out from the market correct?

I usually have my pre-paid AMEX attached to steam but I'd like to switch to my paypal or normal credit card for the remainder of the sale. Is that going to hose me on the market? I've used the credit card on steam before. If it's a payment method you've used before you're ok?

gorfyako

Banned
What games are y'all holding off on purchasing until the end of the sale? Right now I've got

Daikatana
Enslaved
Another World

Sitting in my cart. I'm sure there are a few other games without trading cards that I wanna purchase that I'm waiting on.

Lomax

How about you ask the people in the update loops for games like Blacklist how that lack of Steam is working out for them... ;)

True, if there's one thing Steam still has a huge advantage over all the other clients, it's the installation process. I honestly like some of uPlay and Origin's features, but why they still install and update games the way they do I really don't understand.

thebloo

Are the DLC for Child of Light really worth it? I was going to buy the game, but seeing all that DLC makes me a little uncomfortable.

Nah. Buy the Golem's Plight if you feel like it, but the rest is trash making a not so difficult game even easier. The game is good though.

Xamdou

Are the DLC for Child of Light really worth it? I was going to buy the game, but seeing all that DLC makes me a little uncomfortable.

I know the feeling, I want to get that along with some other games but I would rather get an all dlc bundle with the main game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom