• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sale 2014 Hidden Deals Thread

BadWolf

Played a couple of missions of Lost Planet 1 and really enjoying it so far.

Is it just me or did PG/Mikami use this as the base for Vanquish? Feels so damn similar.

Kagemusha

gog.com is having a Square Enix sale. Most of the games are more expensive than on Steam but a few of them are exclusive to Gog.com

$1.49 PANDEMONIUM 2
$1.49 PROJECT EDEN
$1.49 TOTAL OVERDOSE: A GUNSLINGER'S TALE IN MEXICO

$1.49 GANGSTERS: ORGANIZED CRIME

The first three Tomb Raiders are packaged together for only $2.49

Square Enix and GOG.com Sale

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Much to update with the hidden deals, but keep them coming! Reviewing each game and making decisions to include them or not, bit still a lot to go through, and happy to see users posting impressions and games they know of to list.

linko9

Great topic, thanks for the rec on hexcells. Anyone who likes picross and/or minesweeper needs this, trust me!

Miker

Played a couple of missions of Lost Planet 1 and really enjoying it so far.

Is it just me or did PG/Mikami use this as the base for Vanquish? Feels so damn similar.

I think it's the nice motion blur and lighter color palette (and general Japanese-ness). But beyond that that, I'd say the two play very differently. With Lost Planet playing worse in almost every respect.

rickyson1

oh nice I see the Carpe Fulgur games are finally on sale time to pick up Recettear

are their other two games any good? the only one I really know anything about is Recettear

Dusk Golem

oh nice I see the Carpe Fulgur games are finally on sale time to pick up Recettear

are their other two games any good? the only one I really know anything about is Recettear
I've played a bit of the other two. Recettear is often regarded as the best, but the other two are good too, though all three of them are fairly challenging.

Chantelise is a challenging dungeon crawler where you collect gems from fallen enemies/stricken environment objects to combine them and use magic spells to take out enemies. Besides that, you hack'n'slash your way through dungeons and tough bosses. Outside of the gem mechanic and the interesting perspective and style, it seemed like a pretty typical dungeon crawler, but fun and challenging.

Fortune Summoners is a sidescrolling dungeon crawler with elementary school students going to school in a dangerous land with monsters, you get AI partners and have a main village and nature paths full of enemies. I played less of it, but seemed interesting.

Basically, worth comes to if you like dungeon crawlers with a sort of cutesy look and fairly challenging difficulty.

BadWolf

I think it's the nice motion blur and lighter color palette (and general Japanese-ness). But beyond that that, I'd say the two play very differently. With Lost Planet playing worse in almost every respect.

Not saying it's a better game, just that it feels similar from the way the character and camera move to the UI, weapons, grenades and certain moves.

Wouldn't be surprising really since PG is filled with ex-Capcom people.

gabbo

Well now I feel like an ass for putting the Blood Bowl games in the list, not that it's a big drop from 5 to 4

Dusk Golem

By making the Hidden Deals thread the last few Winter/Summer threads, I've found this sale is literally the biggest in terms of hidden deals. So many games the cheapest they've ever been, and the most games ever under $1 or $2 by a huge margin compared to past sales.

Also several games you can get for $0.09 a $0.19. More surprising, some are half-way decent.

wanders

Can anyone recommend any 4 player local games that aren't the usual suspects (speed runners, towerfall etc)

Sorry for the spoon feeding question

Dusk Golem

Done updating the list for a few hours. Still more to dig through, but think we're getting close to the point where the list won't need huge updates all at once and only missed deals people bring up. Systematically tackling this has been hefty this sale due to so many games and so many games being the cheapest they've ever been. The list is now also split into two different posts.

3 more daily deals, 3 more community votes, & 7 more flash deals to go before the last day of the sale (which will be an encore on January 1st). Trying to update the list as much as I can before the 31st, since that's when all the daily deals will be up and all the sales will be known besides one flash deal, so this topic will definitely rise in use then.

MBison

Done updating the list for a few hours. Still more to dig through, but think we're getting close to the point where the list won't need huge updates all at once and only missed deals people bring up. Systematically tackling this has been hefty this sale due to so many games and so many games being the cheapest they've ever been. The list is now also split into two different posts.

3 more daily deals, 3 more community votes, & 7 more flash deals to go before the last day of the sale (which will be an encore on January 1st). Trying to update the list as much as I can before the 31st, since that's when all the daily deals will be up and all the sales will be known besides one flash deal, so this topic will definitely rise in use then.

More hidden gem suggestions! Not just cheap games but cheap games that are hella good

Dusk Golem

With disappointing dailies today and so close to the end of the sale, just bumping up the Hidden Deals thread for those looking for games that might interest them, or to help recommend games for others. I'll make a personal recommended list later today.

Guys does anyone knows what's the name of a upcoming/ or new released (I can't remember well ) game in which you control smoke or mist and the people looks like shadows? I can't remember and someone posted some pictures of that game in the Steam thread, but I can't find them.

Please help!

Its "same screen multiplayer", rather than split screen. All players are on the same screen at the same time, lag behind and get off the screen and you are blown up. Think smash bros. in racing form.

The gameplay is quite brilliant. I must have put 1000 hours in it in college. Amazing party game.

The downside to this- is while Mashed is a lot of fun, the "Fully Loaded" Version is much better. Steam doesn't have the Fully Loaded version.

The downside to this- is while Mashed is a lot of fun, the "Fully Loaded" Version is much better. Steam doesn't have the Fully Loaded version.

The fully loaded version, which was sort of a directors cut with improved graphics and a few extra levels never got a PC release IIRC, so no surprise its not on steam.

I do wish they would port it though, I'm dying to play it. I adore Mashed and never got to play fully loaded.

Pezus

Thinking about Dyad, One Way Heroics, Deadcore, Marlow Briggs, A Story About My Uncle, Savant and Unholy Heights. Any objections?

Dusk Golem

Thinking about Dyad, One Way Heroics, Deadcore, Marlow Briggs, A Story About My Uncle, Savant and Unholy Heights. Any objections?
Sounds like a solid list, not to meantion 4-5 of them are less than a dollar, so can't go wrong there too badly even if you didn't like them (though have heard good things for all of them).

How is Tobe's Vertical Adventure? I plan to buy it but was just curious what other folks thought.

This is what I've heard, not what I've played nice style, cute game, good music, a bit short, let down by some glitches and some awkward controls. Might be worth the 85% off price tag though, if you think that's fine for the price.

Top Bottom