• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steven Universe Season 2 |OT| Obama chuckled. "You mean the Crystal Gems?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCPhatman

Neo Member
Yes, Steven will go Super Saiyan Jem.

Steven is excitement,
Ooh! Steven
Steven's adventure.
Ooh!
Glamour and glitter, Fashion and fame!

STEVEN is truly outrageous,Truly, truly, truly outrageous.
Woah! Steven!
The music's contagious, outrageous!
Steven's his name,
No one else is the same!
Steven's his name!

JC Sera

I'm surprised that Steven didn't call Peridot out on
not being able to pull a weapon
well from his perspective shes a baby gem like him, he will use his own experiences of difficulties with drawing a weapon and not bother her about it

cause steven is nice like that

Hamlet

Oh Steven
Mvm8Nst.gif

you think she is going to be evil again?

as she clearly already turned to the side of Steven :p
They're clearly doing a vegeta with Peridot. Steven is probably the first person to be nice and sweet to her and it seems to be getting with her.

After they deal with the cluster I wouldn't be surprised if they go through standard "bad guy turning good" tropes.

-her previous allies arrive and she joins up with them again
- she sticks with them for a while until she feels guilty. Maybe she bargains to bring Steven with them if the planet is doomed
-Steven convinces her to save the planet

Weiss

Banned
It really hard to sympathize with Peridot knowing that she's involved in some Mengele-esque experiments on other gems.

Garnet should probably confront her over those fusion monsters.

This episode made it clear that Peridot had nothing to do with the actual creation of the Mutant Gems, and it was all done at the end of the war before Peridot was born.

As far as Peridot's concerned, the Mutant Gems are just experiments, the Crystal Gems are traitors, and Garnet is a monster.

This episode made it clear that Peridot had nothing to do with the actual creation of the Mutant Gems, and it was all done at the end of the war before Peridot was born.

As far as Peridot's concerned, the Mutant Gems are just experiments, the Crystal Gems are traitors, and Garnet is a monster.
Kind of this. She isn't much of a villain as a member of the military. She came in to a planet with a mission and didn't have time to sympathize with the locals like the crystal gems. As far as she knows the crystal gems are traitors

MCPhatman

Neo Member
They're clearly doing a vegeta with Peridot. Steven is probably the first person to be nice and sweet to her and it seems to be getting with her.

After they deal with the cluster I wouldn't be surprised if they go through standard "bad guy turning good" tropes.

- she sticks with them for a while until she feels guilty. Maybe she bargains to bring Steven with them if the planet is doomed

How are they pulling a Vegeta? The whole DBZ comparison never really worked for me yes here and there you can see some similarities (/Nods/references) but other than that I don't see it.

How are they pulling a Vegeta? The whole DBZ comparison never really worked for me yes here and there you can see some similarities (/Nods/references) but other than that I don't see it.
There's no guarantee it is particularly a vegeta, it's just the name used the most now since it's a former villain/enemy turned good. I could have said a green Ranger or a piccolo too.

zulux21

She can be Krillin. He was technically "bad" at one point, right?

Tiny, head with weird thing on it, doesn't know much. Probably will marry a robot.

krillin was just a jerk early on never really evil.

there is way more to vegeta then merely once an enemy turning to the good side via team up.

I mean if you want to strictly go that route it's closer to piccolo, but peridot is absolutely nothing like vegeta and I don't get why anyone would say they are doing a vegeta.

it would be like saying steven universe and avatar the last air bender are the exact same show because they both involve main characters that have special powers @_@.

PSqueak

Banned
EDIT: Also, did Garnet tell Steven that she loved him because she saw him getting the information from Peridot?

No,
Garnet has become more and more expressive about her emotions and feelings for steven since around the mid of season one, it's character development, she started as a stoic and sort of emotionless figure, but as time is going by she is allowing herself to show her emotions openly more, this is why nowadays she is the one that acts more motherly of the 3

zulux21

I'm not gonna argue semantics over a throwaway name I mentioned lol

:p

I actually do compare this show to avatar a decent amount lol.

there is actually a lot the two share when you really get down to it, but that is because both are quality shows that are designed to build upon heavy lore with a mix of comedy and story.

avatar was obviously focused on story a bit more but steven universe is quickly catching up.

So I finally watched the episode.

Peridot totally has a crush on Steven. She thinks he's the bees knees.

it was to be expected. Exploring the theme of if steven is more of a gem or human it was likely he was going to get a gem counterpart to connie. Just turned out it was peridot instead of lapis lol.

can't wait for him to fuse with peridot, I am curious how they go with that design.

dity

No,
Garnet has become more and more expressive about her emotions and feelings for steven since around the mid of season one, it's character development, she started as a stoic and sort of emotionless figure, but as time is going by she is allowing herself to show her emotions openly more, this is why nowadays she is the one that acts more motherly of the 3
I'd agree. Garnet didn't have much of an in-house role before, now it's like Steven has two mothers and a big sister. It works very well IMO.

doop_

Banned
That was really great episode, I feel like they are building up a sibling like relationship between Steven and Peridot. Also who thinks Peridot will pull her weapon against the cluster.

I'd agree. Garnet didn't have much of an in-house role before, now it's like Steven has two mothers and a big sister. It works very well IMO.

I've always seen Garnet as the strong "fatherly" figure and Pearl as the mother one, if we were placing this in traditional roles.

Peridot is the young cousin from the city.

dity

I've always seen Garnet as the strong "fatherly" figure and Pearl as the mother one, if we were placing this in traditional roles.

Peridot is the young cousin from the city.
I've never seen Garnet as a father figure to him. Before being like another mom, she was his life mentor in my eyes.

:p

I actually do compare this show to avatar a decent amount lol.

there is actually a lot the two share when you really get down to it, but that is because both are quality shows that are designed to build upon heavy lore with a mix of comedy and story.

avatar was obviously focused on story a bit more but steven universe is quickly catching up.

it was to be expected. Exploring the theme of if steven is more of a gem or human it was likely he was going to get a gem counterpart to connie. Just turned out it was peridot instead of lapis lol.

can't wait for him to fuse with peridot, I am curious how they go with that design.

or a three way triangle with Lapis and Peridot fighting over him

Got around to seeing the new episode. It was wonderful. They've done a great job at combining little quiet emotional moments that make the show so lovable with pretty interesting world building and plot advancement. I hope this continues for a while.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So, do we figure Garnet saw that leaving her alone with Steven was the only way to get her to open up about the Cluster?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom