• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steven Universe Season 2 |OT| Obama chuckled. "You mean the Crystal Gems?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ffdgh

Ronaldo is hilarious.
KuGsj.gif

Lijik

man i forgot how frigid yall get when the show lets it hair down and has fun every so often.
i thought the ep was solid and had great gags

jwk94

man i forgot how frigid yall get when the show lets it hair down and has fun every so often.
i thought the ep was solid and had great gags

The show can have fun, but this wasn't really fun. It had its moments, but for the most part it was a disappointing and boring episode. That episode where the Gems and the Pizzas play volleyball was a fun episode that was great.

Wont be able to see this new stuff yet (seems my side is heading towards the first Season finale due to seeing Political Power and Roses Scabbard on different occasions lol). :/

So on that note i saw "Alone Together" recently and i'm sooooooo confused about everything right now.

The entire episode just hinges on that confusion where 50% of the time the reaction is "fucking awesome!" then the other 50% it turns to "fucking what!" and it just alternates wildly until the end to the point of feeling uncomfortable about the whole thing.

Stevonnie is pretty awesome though and i think the voice actor they got fucking nailed it in her portrayal of being a combination of the 2. And hopefully a certain character never returns also.

Also those Garnet teases in the episode (i already know what happens due to spoiling it but i could possibly see my mind being blown looking back) :p

I have a feeling steven bomb 2 will not have anything happen outside of people learning about stuff and characters advancing. Like other similar shows, all the things that 'happen' will be at the very end of the season/midseason.

Raxus

I have a feeling steven bomb 2 will not have anything happen outside of people learning about stuff and characters advancing. Like other similar shows, all the things that 'happen' will be at the very end of the season/midseason.

I dunno. Remember we had On The Run which turned out to be a big information bomb in disguise. I wouldn't be surprised if one of these episodes (
the episode Friday
) turns out to be a plot bomb.

I feel bad for this episode since it is actually pretty funny but has the unfortunate circumstance of having to follow up one of the best episodes the DAY AFTER it airs.

Sou Da

Why are people shitting on the episode that finally asked the question that should have been asked a long time ago?

Why do people get so angry when cartoons decide to have some carefree fun for an episode? This show is also aimed at children, you know. Not every single episode should be filled to the brim with complex, intricate human relationships and stir up Gem-gender debate.

And besides, I find Steven to be one of the most tolerable kid characters in any show, unlike, for instance, Clarence or 1st season Finn.

rexor0717

I love Ronaldo, so this episode was for me.

Why do people get so angry when cartoons decide to have some carefree fun for an episode? This show is also aimed at children, you know. Not every single episode should be filled to the brim with complex, intricate human relationships and stir up Gem-gender debate.

And besides, I find Steven to be one of the most tolerable kid characters in any show, unlike, for instance, Clarence or 1st season Finn.

I don't think this is the case, people just don't like Ronaldo. I don't think you can be a Steven Universe fan if you don't like the carefree episodes.

IronRinn

I just didn't think it was fun, is all. Conversely, I thought the Uncle Grandpa episode was one of the best of the series.

rexor0717

It certainly wasn't Sworn to the Sword, but I like that Ronaldo is the guy on the outside that really wants to be inside. He's like the loser version of Connie in that sense.

mulac

DAMN.

Misread the title of the thread and thought it was for STARGATE Universe - got excited for a moment there...

Posted anyway.

Bye.

completely forgot about Steven Bomb.

Just watched I'll Make a Man Out of Y- I mean Sworn by the Sword.

It was sweet. Also the tag team was fucking awesome. Steven finally
using his bubble and regular shield perfectly and tactically

Best couple

Hamlet

uh oh
tumblr_nq270kexmS1sez0oko1_1280.jpg

TubeTube took down my video because copyright violations?!?! What?! That was MOSTLY ORIGINAL MATERIAL!!! I used that background music for INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES! IT’S FAIR USE! FAIR USE!!!

Clearly, somebody doesn’t want the TRUTH about Beach City to be known. Perhaps, someone with an invested interest in the reputation of our seaside community. Someone who would lose a lot of money if tourists were afraid to come here and buy french fries. Someone like MY DAD!

This puzzle just got personal.
keepbeachcityweird

I thought that was a pretty fun semi-self contained episode (but I'd be lying if I said Ronaldo wasn't a bit unlikable sometimes), and I actually really liked how they managed to throw in a sweet but subtle action from Steven in there.

jwk94

uh oh
http://40.media.tumblr.com/fa786e0fe48163f4e09c822d4e45c40f/tumblr_nq270kexmS1sez0oko1_1280.jpg[IMG]

[URL="http://keepbeachcityweird.tumblr.com/post/121711009986/tubetube-took-down-my-video-because-copyright"]keepbeachcityweird[/URL][/QUOTE]

Something's coming. I can feel it.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Why are people shitting on the episode that finally asked the question that should have been asked a long time ago?

I'm not sure if it did. I really enjoy how SU tackles more serious themes, but I don't know if "Are the Gems actually too dangerous for Beach City" is one that the show would gain too much from answering.

Then again, they have every opportunity to prove me wrong

rexor0717

One good tidbit is that the Gems have been in Beach City before it was even called Beach City. I don't know if that stretches back to wartimes, but one can imagine it's been a few thousand years since Amethyst was created relatively close by.

Psxphile

The only number that matters is the last, which is representative of how many homes w/ Nielsen boxes (and whatever else they're using to measure ratings with) were watching, in millions, nationwide across all demographics.

So, approximately 1.9 million households tuned in to watch Steven Universe at 6PM. Show's been averaging between 1.3 and 1.7 for awhile. I think Secret Team was the first episode to breach 2 million on its own, and episodes following it managed to keep the momentum going... but fell again during the first Steven Bomb (due to CN not advertising the block well and the general shift to 5PM over its old slot).

Opto

Banned
I'm not sure if it did. I really enjoy how SU tackles more serious themes, but I don't know if "Are the Gems actually too dangerous for Beach City" is one that the show would gain too much from answering.

Then again, they have every opportunity to prove me wrong

The townsfolk are kinda like Nightvale-lite citizens. "Yeah weird stuff whatever"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom