• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter : 3rd Strike SUPER appreciation thread

Alextended said:
Yeah I never got into beat em ups until 3D stuff like Virtua Fighter and Tekken. Trying to play stuff like SF I just can't grasp even the basics at all. It's not the complexity of the moves or anything, they don't differ much from say, 10 hit Tekken 3 combos and such, but I just don't "get" the game. The same goes for Smash Bros. sadly..
Tip: They are called Fighting Games.

"Beat Em Ups" refers to a separate genre, including games such as Final Fight and Streets of Rage.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
_dementia said:
by "graphical enhancements" I bet they mean "shitty hideous filters"
Yup just like MvC2 some filter and wide screen support.
It would be awesome if they add SF3 and SF3 2nd Impact stages.

Sohter.Nura said:
I love to watch matches of the game, but for whattever reason I think the game is just not accessible to me. I can't just play and have fun with it, for whattever reason.

"Not Accessible" are fear words. If you like playing a game, that won't mean shit. Now get out there and practice your charge partitioning! :p

Solune

Fersis said:
Yup just like MvC2 some filter and wide screen support.
It would be awesome if they add SF3 and SF3 2nd Impact stages.
Pretty much, if they don't have SF3 or SF3 2nd Impact stages or make it worth the purchase I ain't buying it.

DjangoReinhardt

Thinks he should have been the one to kill Batman's parents.
I love SFIII, but it's my least-played iteration of the series. I hope this version is great so I can fix that.

Snakeyes

Question for the 3S Conservative Party;

Would a re-balance be a tragedy if said re-balance solely consisted of giving the low tier characters some new toys to play with in order to (hopefully) bring them up to say, low-mid? Everyone else would be left as is and not a single move will be nerfed.

Snakeyes said:

Would a re-balance be a tragedy if said re-balance solely consisted of giving the low tier characters some new toys to play with in order to (hopefully) bring them up to say, low-mid? Everyone else would be left as is and not a single move will be nerfed.

The rational option is the give players the choice - Rebalanced or Classic in the Options.

Snakeyes said:

It would be pretty cool. Not going to happen though.

Snakeyes said:

I'm down, so long as the classic version is there...in case something goes crazy.

First gameplay pic I believe. Via Twitter
J.jpg

Yoshi_OnoChin
OK,How does that sound? RT @Wael3rd:do You have any side Picture of 3.3 OE? Any picture or half picture Will be go
So original artwork plus filters confirmed then.

Vespa

That..that looks hideous! As long as I can have the original delicious pixels I'm good to go. Maybe a scanline filter like the DC, that would be dope.

It's a typical Ono twitter tease. Angled, obstructed etc. But being as it's the first in game pic shown it was worth a post. I'm sure there will be a normal graphics option since it's not getting the hd remix treatment.

Certainly worth the post, I just don't understand the big ass Hugo mode lol

Vespa said:
That..that looks hideous! As long as I can have the original delicious pixels I'm good to go. Maybe a scanline filter like the DC, that would be dope.
What's so bad about it? Looks fine outside of dat knee. And scanline filters...I've always hated those things, but an option would be cool. The more options, the better.

BitchTits

Is it likely they're under some sort of pressure to put filters in - either just to help reach a wider audience beyond the hardcore fans or from the vetting process of XBLA and PSN themselves?

I'm sure it will all be switch on/off stuff.

ARXIN said:
If it's anything like Final fight Double Impact. It will have scanlines on/off, original, crisp, smooth filter options.
If it's anything like Final Fight Double Impact, It'll also use GGPO. Here's to hoping.

of course, if FFDI is any indication, we won't be able to play it at all if PSN is down due to it's bizarre DRM :(
Definitely going with the 360 version here.

Skilletor

_dementia said:
If it's anything like Final Fight Double Impact, It'll also use GGPO. Here's to hoping.

of course, if FFDI is any indication, we won't be able to play it at all if PSN is down due to it's bizarre DRM :(
Definitely going with the 360 version here.

Yeah, I would normally buy it on both consoles just to be able to play with all of my friends. I can't support this DRM, though. I don't always have my ps3 plugged in to the internets.

farnham

Banned
this game broke my 360

still i play it..

hope it will get a 3ds or psp port though

i love 4 but 3 is so much better

ShaneB

I never really played 3S outside of fiddling around on GGPO recently, so I'm just excited to have a chance to get to know the game and have my fun with it.

farnham said:
this game broke my 360

still i play it..

hope it will get a 3ds or psp port though

i love 4 but 3 is so much better
Anniversary Collection?
I couldn't stand how terribly broken the vertical scroll was when playing BC on a 360. It would really ruin timing for juggle combos.

What is that pic? Why is Hugo's leg so big?

Anyways, I don't think filters are all that bad. Maybe they will have the ones that resemble the kind they used on those SNK classics released on PSN.

Here's to the ongoing hope that they see fit to release 2I and NG as well!!

kitzkozan

Fersis said:
Yup i sent a Terry Bogard that i drew with MS Paint.
* Crosses fingers *

On Topic: SF3rd Strike its awesome.. but Capcom couldnt balance it after 3 attempts.
Parry is the best mechanic ive seen though.

To be honest im not a 'balance or die!' kind of guy, im cool with tiers and such.
But the thing i really dislike about SF3 is the boring character design with the exception of Dudley,Makoto and Urien.

Parry is not the best mechanic, but it is a great one imo. I'm not sure it it perfectly suited for Street fighter however imo.

If I were a game designer, I would use parrying as a comeback mechanic which require skill unlike x-factor. :p I hated before and still hate the fact that too many high level IV match end with chip damage as there are few way to avoid it. Otherwise, I feel it take too much away from what SF is as it cripple some tactics such as fireball / long range character zoning. It is also a tool which make a game more defensive, just like focus attack.

_dementia said:
Why stop there?

dbSqjl.jpg

Well played sir.

As far as the graphics filter I wouldn't sweat it for one second, any collection of old games has a number of filters. Capcom's last old school port (Final Fight) had tons of different filters.

A great game. The best SF ever made. A tragedy that so many people who play SFIV never played SFIII: Third Strike.

How hard was Gill on Double Impact? The difficulty in beating him on Double Impact was insane!!

Why the hell is everyone sweating over filters? They've been optional in almost every classic capcom game released through DD for years now.

And believe it or not, the reason they're put in, is so casuals don't look at the same and say, "Whys this shit look so bad? 1982! lozlzl"

Kimosabae

Banned
People are sweating it because "it" looks like bonafide shit. They've been talking this project up like they were going to actually do something interesting with the graphics.

The Ono team's idea of the term "enhancement" leaves most of us baffled.

Criminal Upper said:
And believe it or not, the reason they're put in, is so casuals don't look at the same and say, "Whys this shit look so bad? 1982! lozlzl"
Are those aforementioned casuals following Ono on twitter?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
The filter really looks terrible from that picture... bleh :/ Hopefully we get the choice to switch to classic sprites like in MvC2.

infinityBCRT said:
So agree with this. It would be awesome if Ono added these back for the online version.
The odds of that are practically zero, Ono mentioned specifically they're developing this based on 3S arcade ver. 990512

Mechar

Neo Member
Yoshichan said:
The filter really looks terrible from that picture... bleh :/ Hopefully we get the choice to switch to classic sprites like in MvC2.
It´s Capcom, of course you´ll be able to!

Stil I can´t get over the fact that they didn´t show a trailer or something from Captivate. But oh well, E3 should do it.

Top Bottom