• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition |OT| Let's fight like gentlemen!

Kioshen

cackhyena said:
Is this playable online now? Haven't touched it since first week.

Whenever you'd like to test it you know where to reach me. I've been awol myself so that'll be a good change of pace.

LakeEarth

Now that this thread is bumped, I can ask this question.

Online, has anyone run into these 0 ranked people? I'd think it was just a bug if it weren't for the fact that 0 ranked people are always really good.

jett

D-Member
Anyone else still playing? Matchmaking works perfectly these days and seems like it has a moderately healthy online presence on PSN.

Shearie

Anyone else still playing? Matchmaking works perfectly these days and seems like it has a moderately healthy online presence on PSN.

You're bumping of this thread reminds me that I need to get back into this game. All my Elena skills are going to be gone though :(

LakeEarth

Same for XBL. I just decided to take a break from MvC3 and I was surprised that i was finding matches pretty quickly.

ShaneB

My interest in fighting games has lessened with the fact that I don't have the time to dedicate to them anymore, but I miss playing this. Just classic Street Fighter never ages.

Was there ever any news of the supposed patch to fix a bunch of things?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Really? The game listing has like 1-5 at a time. Not too popular, but I guess "people playing," yeah.

TheOGB

Banned
That match before he lost against Chun was some dope shit

But I don't think I'll ever comprehend the full extent of 3S Chun's power. Goddamn.

El Sloth

Banned
Re-posting this in all the fighting game threads:

This seems like a good time to post that I just set up what I hope to be a FGC catch-all channel for GAF on IRC:

#gafilluminati (props to Stabby McSter for the name!)

on Dorksnet servers (irc.wiicafe.com, irc.gamecubecafe.com, irc.browsingtheinternet.com))

Mibbit link for those that don't have a chat program:
http://mibbit.com/?channel=#gafilluminati&server=irc.browsingtheinternet.com

I recommend downloading XChat or mIRC though.

It's pretty quiet right now, but it was only literally just made 20 minutes ago. Probably best used during streams, but come and talk about whatever the hell you guys want.

Onemic

Does anyone still play SFIII online? Been thinking about getting it on PSN. Loved the shit out of the game on PS2. Watching the EVO 2004 vid of daigo parrying a super makes me want it even more.

Edgeward

I've been playing recently and have no trouble finding people to play on ranked on psn. The skills of players still range quite verily even now.

Onemic

Just got the game. Ya finding people online is no problem whatsoever. It's weird because I can find ranked matches MUCH faster than I ever could on SFxT or even UMvC3

Onemic

whoops, I'm watching 3S streams on twitch. I'm on now. I got my UMvC3 stick too, so you can totally wreck me as I relearn the basics!

EDIT: you ditched.... :(

Onemic

I CANT TAKE IT

man do I need practice....learning a new stick, plus this game will take a lot of work. I'll be better next time.

impact

Banned
that was my first time playing this game on stick

thanks for the scrubby inputs, new Capcom games :(

my pad Necro is a force troll to be reckoned with

Onemic

that was my first time playing this game on stick

thanks for the scrubby inputs, new Capcom games :(

You looked like you new your stuff, basic combos and whatnot, plus a few nice parrys as well. I can only wonder how long it will take for me to get proficient at this game as it's heavy as hell on execution. Guess it's better for upping my proficiency on stick though.

impact

Banned
nah I whiffed Chun's c.forward into super hit confirm like 10 times

if you wanna be good, play Chun. Easiest character in any fighting game.

but yea this is a good game to practice stick on because of the strict inputs. It got my pad execution pretty good, then I got a stick a couple months back and had to start from scratch.

Top Bottom