• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad |OT| Rotten Prince of Belle Reve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ask yourself, what did you enjoy about the trailers?

Was it the acting and witty dialogue? Was there any?

Or was it the snappy, very clever editing, expert cuts, and well-implemented songs?

Both + the action they show. The trailers for this movie are quite similar to the trailers for Mad Max Fury Road imo. They are well-made trailers that show us the characters, the action, but very little story.

guek

Banned

This guy takes 2:30 min to give any impressions whatsoever and even then it's just one sentence. I hate it when amateur reviewers spend so much time talking about who is in the movie or giving a general outline. If you're gonna do that, do it in the first 30sec and get the fuck on with it. All that info is available elsewhere. It's worse when it's in video form too because I can read faster than these people can talk.

Kibbles

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/07/30...fflecks-batman
Originally Posted by
“I hope it’s an introduction (of the Joker) … and not the end! Because I could easily just play the Joker a couple more times and then retire. Because it’s so fulfilling and so creative and it’s so imaginative. It’s really difficult to think about doing anything else!”

“I think it would be incredible to see Batman and the Joker go head-to-head! This Batman and this Joker. I mean, I don’t know, that might be too much! But that would be fun.”

“The good thing about there having been such strong, beautiful interpretations of the character before — by actors, artists and writers — is that you knew what direction not to head in. That’s already been covered! You know, Heath gave a perfect performance. Not only one of the best villains ever on screen, but I believe one of the best performances ever! It’s perfect. It’s just perfect. There’s not a flaw. There’s not a missed note. There’s not a moment when you’re not with him and the character. For me, it was so untouchable that, at a certain point, I was almost at ease because I knew there was nothing I could do to go near that! And then you’ve got Jack Nicholson and then you’ve got this beautiful voice acting from Mark Hamill (for the animated versions). But they’re all so different. They’re all their own thing. So I still felt the pressure to deliver but I also felt that there was such a map of where we shouldn’t be going.”

This guy takes 2:30 min to give any impressions whatsoever and even then it's just one sentence. I hate it when amateur reviewers spend so much time talking about who is in the movie or giving a general outline. If you're gonna do that, do it in the first 30sec and get the fuck on with it. All that info is available elsewhere. It's worse when it's in video form too because I can read faster than these people can talk.
I much prefer this method honestly. I hate those jump cut reviews that are popular now a days.

Besides he said leave feedback, tell him.

He sounded genuine at least, I was expecting another entertaining fake review. Although I'm going to write off his review personally.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I much prefer this method honestly. I hate those jump cut reviews that are popular now a days.

Besides he said leave feedback, tell him.

He sounded genuine at least, I was expecting another entertaining fake review. Although I'm going to write off his review personally.

Yeah, I actually believe that he saw the movie since he described the structure of the the first two acts but I kinda doubt him and I have similar taste in things. My alarm bells went up as soon as he mentioned enjoying Lex Luthor in BvS and then enjoying BvS itself. Nothing against people that feel that way.

Goodstyle

Reading some impressions that are saying Joker and Harley's story is
played as a legitimate romance, and the Joker isn't anywhere near as abusive to her.
Not sure how I feel about that yet, but I know that'll make a lot of people mad.

I'm being super weird about this movie, and kind of unfair.

On one hand, I want DC to prove to me that their cinematic universe isn't some rushed-together attempt to catch up to Marvel -- I want DC to shine on the silver screen in an interconnected, multi-hero universe.

On the other hand, I really don't care about the concept of the Suicide Squad. I don't HATE the Suicide Squad or any of its members, mind you, but the concept is so steeped in DC lore that reaching for it before we even have a proper Batman solo flick in this universe seems really weird and out of place to me. It's like if they did a Sinister Six movie in the MCU before the Spidey movie came out. And that's not even a perfect analogy because some members of the Suicide Squad aren't even originally from a Batman rogues gallery, they're all from different scattered corners of the DCU.

I kind of wish all these characters had been featured as villains in separate hero-focused DC films and *then* a Suicide Squad movie was put together to kind of celebrate their reappearance and persistence in the universe, exactly like the "anti-Avengers" title it seems eager to be. I just feel like the quick rush to try and acquaint newcomers to these characters risk falling flat to a lot of viewers, and wastes a lot of screen time that could have been used to really work out a fun and enjoyable story, especially since they decided to throw Joker in the mix too.

Ross61

On one hand, I want DC to prove to me that their cinematic universe isn't some rushed-together attempt to catch up to Marvel -- I want DC to shine on the silver screen in an interconnected, multi-hero universe.

On the other hand, I really don't care about the concept of the Suicide Squad. I don't HATE the Suicide Squad or any of its members, mind you, but the concept is so steeped in DC lore that reaching for it before we even have a proper Batman solo flick in this universe seems really weird and out of place to me. It's like if they did a Sinister Six movie in the MCU before the Spidey movie came out. And that's not even a perfect analogy because some members of the Suicide Squad aren't even originally from a Batman rogues gallery, they're all from different scattered corners of the DCU.

I kind of wish all these characters had been featured as villains in separate hero-focused DC films and *then* a Suicide Squad movie was put together to kind of celebrate their reappearance and persistence in the universe, exactly like the "anti-Avengers" title it seems eager to be. I just feel like the quick rush to try and acquaint newcomers to these characters risk falling flat to a lot of viewers, and wastes a lot of screen time that could have been used to really work out a fun and enjoyable story, especially since they decided to throw Joker in the mix too.
Eh, that doesn't seem like an issue. Most people just wanted a different king of comic book movie right now and they get what they want in Suicide Squad. Just have some backstories for the characters an it'll be fine. All that setup is unimportant.

All depends on the execution. The flashbacks, apparently, aren't too bad, so if it sticks the landing, I don't think they need to be introduced in separate movies.

"Not everyone makes it out of the film alive."
f52.png

RIP Rope Guy

3N16MA

Banned

I don't see many of these characters being featured in any films outside of Joker (not part of the SS), Harley, and maybe Deadshot. Some of them might make an appearance in a solo Batman film but I doubt they get enough screen time to really make a big impact.

This film gives you the Suicide Squad. No need for multiple cameos spanning years just to set up a this type of film. I doubt audiences need a big long backstory on Diablo, Killer Croc, Katana, Rope Guy, Captain Boomerang. You will know what you need to know about them in the film.

IconGrist

I like how someone liking BvS suddenly turns their opinion on anything else to shit. What if he hated Man of Steel? Does that cancel out him liking BvS? What if he loved Civil War?? Is he back in the positive then? Deadpool?? APOCALYPSE!?!? GREEN LANTERN!!?!!?!!?

giphy.gif

Magwik

Banned
I like how someone liking BvS suddenly turns their opinion on anything else to shit. What if he hated Man of Steel? Does that cancel out him liking BvS? What if he loved Civil War?? Is he back in the positive then? Deadpool?? APOCALYPSE!?!? GREEN LANTERN!!?!!?!!?

giphy.gif

What about Thor 2 tho

munchie64

giphy.gif
Matt Patches likes Green Lantern, but he's pretty cool.

Atomic Odin

Reading some impressions that are saying Joker and Harley's story is
played as a legitimate romance, and the Joker isn't anywhere near as abusive to her.
Not sure how I feel about that yet, but I know that'll make a lot of people mad.

Not sure if spoiler but I'll put in tags anyway

Well he sure going to be abusive when he turns her into Harley in that Arkham Asylum scene ain't he?

3N16MA

Banned
Who's got a better rope game? Rope Guy or Wonder Woman?

lasso-badass.gif

This is clearly a showdown we need to see realized.

I predict that Rope Guy will survive and be featured in his own film or feature as the main villain in the solo Batman film.

Perhaps they wait until JL2 where he teams up with Darkseid. Then we see the Rope Guy/Wonder Woman showdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom