• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how that's completely
true

Hey guys, play Wolfenstein: The New World Order!

I played an hour on PS3 and the textures barely loaded and I had to press buttons to pick up ammo. Not to mention there was no moon or promise of moon at that point so I had no interest in continuing.

I really enjoyed Halo 3's campaign. I played it over and over with a friend.

One of my best memories is us playing Halo 3 on Legendary with one controller, trading off on deaths while listening to the Lonely Island's album "Incredibad" on loop while drinking Mountain Dew Voltage.

So much fun.

One of my two best friends from high school and I were always trying to beat The Covenant on legendary, but we always ran out of time or got bored and played forge. Obviously, we did it quite a few times, but it became kind of a ritual to play through that level. Then, like three days before we both left for college, we did it again. We played Gurren Lagann music interspersed with One Final Effort throughout. It was a moment.

I played an hour on PS3 and the textures barely loaded and I had to press buttons to pick up ammo. Not to mention there was no moon or promise of moon at that point so I had no interest in continuing.

The textures are terrible to get a constant 60 at any point in the game. But you were playing on a ps3 so you couldn't get that.

Yeah, IdTech 5 wasn't going to work on a lowly PS3.

Still waiting on a good PC sale.

croten

^
Plus holding out against the gauntlet on the way to the boss is actually part of the challenge in old RPGs, bullshit or no. Like I said, it's enjoyable, but you feel like you're breaking the game over your knee.

Aw yeah. Thanks.

At that point I was just angry at the game and wanted to finish it so I could be done with it

I love how that's completely
true

Hey guys, play Wolfenstein: The New World Order!

Waiting for it to be cheaper. I love the idea behind it.
I really enjoyed Halo 3's campaign. I played it over and over with a friend.
-snip-.
Make Halo 3 every Halo game, and this is what I think a lot of people did. They're fun games.
At that point I was just angry at the game and wanted to finish it so I could be done with it

It's dumb how frustrating it is. Oh well.

^
Plus holding out against the gauntlet on the way to the boss is actually part of the challenge in old RPGs, bullshit or no. Like I said, it's enjoyable, but you feel like you're breaking the game over your knee.

But that part of RPGs has always been stupid easy. Do you guys just not buy items? Potions heal 50-100 hp each and one high level monster drops enough money to buy a full stack.

But that part of RPGs has always been stupid easy. Do you guys just not buy items? Potions heal 50-100 hp each and one high level monster drops enough money to buy a full stack.
Nah, I do just that, but it means that grinding up to a high level in one spot and then turning off encounters is encouraged. I kinda prefer just getting fights along the way.

You could argue I'm complaining about the inclusion of choice. And you'd be right.

Why would I buy what I never use? Items are a chumps way out

Nah, I do just that, but it means that grinding up to a high level in one spot and then turning off encounters is encouraged. I kinda prefer just getting fights along the way.

You could argue I'm complaining about the inclusion of choice. And you'd be right.

Besides, all the hard bosses in BD aren't even at the end of dungeons.

Okingjrr

That was your mistake.
You can't expect them to drop the bombs one hour into the game. Gotta save that shit for nationals.

50GB download. No thanks.
The price you have to pay for those Next-Gen High Quality Textures™

For a single player fps, it's really worth it. Just think of all those games you've downloaded on steam and have never touched, probably more than 50GB.

That was your mistake.
You can't expect them to drop the bombs one hour into the game. Gotta save that shit for nationals.

I didn't have any other way to play it then. And I know, but I had no way to know it would go there, since what I played was boring and this was right at release so nobody said "Yo moon Nazis!" yet.

The price you have to pay for those Next-Gen High Quality Poorly Compressed Textures™

For a single player fps, it's really worth it. Just think of all those games you've downloaded on steam and have never touched, probably more than 50GB.

He's completely correct. Long campaign full of open areas to plan and shoot your way through, great gimmick sections that break up the shooting, fun weapons that feel good to use, it's just one of the more solid FPSs that's come out in a long time.

Turkey branded steam sales are coming...

For the first time ever
or in recent history
, I can get it cheaper on consoles (25€) than on steam (50€).

Probably gonna hold out till Winter sales. I've got Smash to play for a month.
I've been saying single player fps games have been copying half life 2 since 2004. Wolfenstein the new order probably copies half life 2 the best.

They copied Half Life 1 since 97(?) too.

He's completely correct. Long campaign full of open areas to plan and shoot your way through, great gimmick sections that break up the shooting, fun weapons that feel good to use, it's just one of the more solid FPSs that's come out in a long time.

I've been saying single player fps games have been copying half life 2 since 2004. Wolfenstein the new order probably copies half life 2 the best.

Turkey branded steam sales are coming...

For the first time ever
or in recent history
, I can get it cheaper on consoles (25€) than on steam (50€).

You're European? Then how could you possibly understand all of the complicated America in Wolfenstein? Forget I ever supported you.

croten

That was your mistake.

The price you have to pay for those Next-Gen High Quality Textures™

I want it, but at a 50GB download I'm not getting it until I have a better download speeds

But press X to pick up ammo though.

ibot5wrVu659cZ.gif

Okingjrr

I didn't have any other way to play it then. And I know, but I had no way to know it would go there, since what I played was boring and this was right at release so nobody said "Yo moon Nazis!" yet.
The beginning/prologue is rough
,Nazi robot dogs!
but the game picks up after that.
It sucks that not all versions of the game are equal in performance and visual fidelity.

But press X to pick up ammo though.
Then keep pressing it :p
After a while you do it subconsciously

Probably gonna hold out till Winter sales. I've got Smash to play for a month.
All in due time.

This thread...
akihikoivebeenwaitingforthis.jpg

Also, Damn you Nintendo for releasing Smash the weekend before my English final. I needed that weekend, and you stole it from me!!

Zenfalcia

Oh.. i missed a chance to talk about halo novel lore.. halo 3 was da bes. All those giant battles with some unexpected twists. It should've really ended at 3..

Uhh, not exactly the best thing to sell somebody on. That's just a guy shooting down a hallway

The important part of this gif is that he's dual wielding massive shotguns, and that you can visibly see how much kick and damage they've got in them. It's the moment to moment stuff that's important.

You know what I really don't like about first person shooters? Lack of anime art style and dating sim elements.

That's not a joke, but seriously, they're all so brown and all the guys are ugly military guys.

Okingjrr

You're European? Then how could you possibly understand all of the complicated America in Wolfenstein? Forget I ever supported you.
I grew up in the caribbean with American television and I play all my games in english. Needless to say, I get a lot of the America.

I want it, but at a 50GB download I'm not getting it until I have a better download speeds
Two, no three things:
-Steam sales
-Overnight download
-Drunk purchase (you might want to be careful with this one)

I got killed a lot of times because I was being reckless with those.

You know what I really don't like about first person shooters? Lack of anime art style and dating sim elements.

That's not a joke, but seriously, they're all so brown and all the guys are ugly military guys.

You are incredibly correct, sir. I expect that in six to eight years we will finally get a good FPS with interesting art. In the meantime, Vanquish again.

croten

I grew up in the caribbean with American television and I play all my games in english. Needless to say, I get a lot of the America.

Two, no three things:
-Steam sales
-Overnight download
-Drunk purchase (you might want to be careful with this one)

I got killed a lot of times because I was being reckless with those.

Shadow of mordor was like 30something gigs. It took me two days and nights to download.

Zenfalcia

I need my anime girl shooter/action game! And you build up mother base by seducing girls to join your army.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom