• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Marvel vs Capcom: Hype Train to Comic Con; Now Boarding! Lupinko @ post 500+

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReiGun

I see that none of these hints you insane motherfuckers are looking at hint at Black Panther. So, if anyone needs me, I'll be over there. Crying.

Valnen

Karsticles said:
Well, all of our efforts might be a waste:

http://twitter.com/#!/lupinko/status/89395217412800513
http://twitter.com/#!/lupinko/status/89396062082707456

We're being called too dumb for this stuff, haha. :-(
If this means no Vergil or Gambit than I am sad.

SmithnCo

JazzmanZ said:
If Lupinko released the character list now you'd all be bored with no new information on the game until it comes out

But isn't that the point of leaking pretty much? lol

I like the riddle concept though but I wish it was more coherent.

mysteriousmage09 said:
Meh, bring this back http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Httbt4YW298&feature=related

Theme just screams hype and epic comeback. Either way, if it is 12 new characters, that's pretty sweet.

MvC1 themes in general are slick for the most part. The only ones I think improved were Morrigan's and Chun's. That's not to say most MvC3 tracks are bad though they butchered War Machine/Iron Man T_T. I'm okay with it until the "Wah, wah, wah, waaaaaaaaaaaah". Blurgh.

MvC1 Cap theme is just basically untouchable despite his MvC3 track being pretty good IMO.

Caj814 said:

This is glorious. Promote this man. Add a "LET'S GO CRAZY" and I might die.

vg260

GuardianE said:
You mean the original roster leak? Not really. Obviously, I don't work for them so I can only speculate, but I can't imagine it's really more than an annoyance once all is said and done.

For whatever reason, Capcom seems to think it has cost them a significant amount of money. I'm starting to side with them on this, as we don't know what's happening on the inside and how their plans get derailed by this. Time is money for a business.

MrMephistoX

2&2 said:
For whatever reason, Capcom seems to think it has cost them a significant amount of money. I'm starting to side with them on this, as we don't know what's happening on the inside and how their plans get derailed by this. Time is money for a business.

Not money in terms of sales but marketing and PR dollars (they have to pay someone to distribute game assets, video etc on a timetable) were essentially wasted. Personally this is kind of more fun although I wish the hints were more consistent.

DR2K

Banned
2&2 said:

You know what costs them even more money? Not releasing DLC, and not supporting a game that has sold millions of copies. I'd seriously love to know why they've been so silent for the past 5 months. More so than any character reveal.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
DR2K said:
You know what costs them even more money? Not releasing DLC, and not supporting a game that has sold millions of copies. I'd seriously love to know why they've been so silent for the past 5 months. More so than any character reveal.
This has been answered a thousand times. Execs got shook up from the PSN Fiasco and the earthquake. Niitsuma wanted to release DLC every other week remember? With Characters alternating on the months, and costume packs inbetween. That's what he wanted. And then they started doing that.

Costume Pack 1 and Jill/Shuma came out and then boom earthquake followed by the PSN fiasco. They can't just release something only on Live. And then there's the quote from Capcom saying the PSN fiasco is costing them millions. You better believe part of that money is Marvel DLC. I think we fall prey to thinking that Capcom stopped giving a shit about Marvel post-release because they decided it'd be that way. There was more to it than that.

enzo_gt said:
This has been answered a thousand times. Execs got shook up from the PSN Fiasco and the earthquake. Niitsuma wanted to release DLC every other week remember? With Characters alternating on the months, and costume packs inbetween. That's what he wanted. And then they started doing that.

Costume Pack 1 and Jill/Shuma came out and then boom earthquake followed by the PSN fiasco. They can't just release something only on Live. And then there's the quote from Capcom saying the PSN fiasco is costing them millions. You better believe part of that money is Marvel DLC. I think we fall prey to thinking that Capcom stopped giving a shit about Marvel post-release because they decided it'd be that way. There was more to it than that.
It's been answered a thousand times by fans. I don't expect Capcom to bend over backwards, but the silence has just been crushing. Nothing has been said whatsoever since the game came out.

vg260

DR2K said:

Of course they want to, but just because we don't know about it doesn't mean it's not gonna happen.

Skilletor

I guess I wonder why I should care if somebody leaks information I want for things I will pay for. I couldn't care less about a company's bottom line.

Don't want leaks? Don't keep secrets for so long.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
SolarPowered said:
It's been answered a thousand times by fans. I don't expect Capcom to bend over backwards, but the silence has just been crushing. Nothing has been said whatsoever since the game came out.
That's why I bet they've been extra quiet to actual catch people with a surprise announcement of SMvC3. They're trying to avoid leaks as much as possible (yeah I know what your thinking). The element of surprise is a big one that Capcom banks on, you can see it in their Marketing strategy for all of their titles.

We all know the feeling though, but I truly believe these are the decisions they made internally, and I can see why, and despite it not working out the best for fans and making us all feel like we've been left out in the cold, I would expect it under the circumstances and especially for Capcom who'd be extra serious about handling MvC3. I think if all that shit hadn't have gone down, Capcom would have ejaculated costume packs all over our faces. They talked a ton about post-release support pre-release, they were ready, but were impeded. Oh and the PSN/Earthquake thing was quoted from Seth (I believe, hope i'm not remembering him as the scapegoat), I'm basing this off of news that came out from someone at Capcom PR. May have been Sven.

Valnen

corrosivefrost said:
Y'know, if they put in Ken (SF), Strider, and Nero, I'd probably suck it up and pay the $40 :|
I would pay $100 for Vergil.

Just Vergil.

Like seriously, if they put up just the character on the PSN for $100, I'd probably buy it.

On a non-roster related note, I really hope all the characters get new art. And if so, I really hope they get Shinkiro or Kinu Nishimura to do it. Their promotional artwork for MvC3 was the highlight of the game from a design point of view IMO.

Also, a new select screen and tweak some of the character models please. (*coughRYU&JILLcough*)

Azure J

Gunloc said:
On a non-roster related note, I really hope all the characters get new art. And if so, I really hope they get Shinkiro or Kinu Nishimura to do it. Their promotional artwork for MvC3 was the highlight of the game from a design point of view IMO.

Also, a new select screen and tweak some of the character models please. (*coughRYU&JILLcough*)

Do want. Or if Capcom could get a bit buddy-buddy with Bengus again, that'd be swell too.

AzureJericho said:
Do want. Or if Capcom could get a bit buddy-buddy with Bengus again, that'd be swell too.
Yeah, Bengus is pretty sweet. I LOVED his MvC2 artwork.

Also, I'd be totally down with Edayan too, but I like to dream that he's working on a new Rival Schools RIGHT NOW.

enzo_gt said:
That's why I bet they've been extra quiet to actual catch people with a surprise announcement of SMvC3. They're trying to avoid leaks as much as possible (yeah I know what your thinking). The element of surprise is a big one that Capcom banks on, you can see it in their Marketing strategy for all of their titles.

We all know the feeling though, but I truly believe these are the decisions they made internally, and I can see why, and despite it not working out the best for fans and making us all feel like we've been left out in the cold, I would expect it under the circumstances and especially for Capcom who'd be extra serious about handling MvC3. I think if all that shit hadn't have gone down, Capcom would have ejaculated costume packs all over our faces. They talked a ton about post-release support pre-release, they were ready, but were impeded. Oh and the PSN/Earthquake thing was quoted from Seth (I believe, hope i'm not remembering him as the scapegoat), I'm basing this off of news that came out from someone at Capcom PR. May have been Sven.
I remember the packs with single costumes with no alternate colors. All I know is that this better be a DLC update because another disc after a single year is ludicrous...

DR2K said:
Probably because everything leaked early, honestly.

I bet they think the source is in Capcom USA.

MrMephistoX

SolarPowered said:
I remember the packs with single costumes with no alternate colors. All I know is that this better be a DLC update because another disc after a single year is ludicrous...

It was only A pack in their defense. If Capcom were willing to happily nickle and dime customers with single colors and shadow packs you have to believe they'd love to have milked more profitable DLC but couldn't due to conditions out of their control.

MrMephistoX said:
It was only A pack in their defense. If Capcom were willing to happily nickle and dime customers with single colors and shadow packs you have to believe they'd love to have milked more profitable DLC but couldn't due to conditions out of their control.
I think they released what they could sell before the end of the Financial Year and after that decided they could take their time (not that they aren't selling Shadow Battles on XBL, anyway).

PSN going down also likely put a big obstacle in any DLC.

smurfx

get some go again
you know what i want strider but after that we shouldn't have anymore teleporting characters. fuck teleporting characters in this game since they aren't very punishable either.

smurfx said:
you know what i want strider but after that we shouldn't have anymore teleporting characters. fuck teleporting characters in this game since they aren't very punishable either.
X-factor level 3 Wesker leaves me at toxic levels of saltiness. I've recently come to the conclusion that Dormammu, Wesker and Magneto should always be snapped in before they get access to level 3.
MrMephistoX said:
This is true. They definitely left money on the table so I can't say that they left to the game to die. Circumstances were tough, but most have been waiting for something. I hope we get that at Comic Con...

smurfx

get some go again
SolarPowered said:
X-factor level 3 Wesker leaves me at toxic levels of saltiness. I've recently come to the conclusion that Dormammu, Wesker and Magneto should always be snapped in before they get access to level 3.
dormmamu has been giving me so much trouble lately. his stupid teleport plus really good anti air and chaotic flame has destroyed me so many times. haggar left alone with dormammu is always instant death for haggar unless the player sucks with dormammu. there is like no way to get in.

Damn you lupinko for telling me about this game. I would otherwise have no idea about its existence and now it haunts me forever!

It's my god given right that you spoil all the new additions to the roster in addition to everything else you know about the game. Your riddles are not easy enough for me to figure out with google/wikipedia search. Capcom PR department? Protecting your source? I don't care, give me what I want now. NOW.

---
Solune's post pretty much hit it right on the dot.

Dirtbag

Luckydude23 said:
So are we even sure that it's a new game or are these DLC characters added to Vanilla. Not sure.

no one can be sure of anything. nothing's been officially announced. That's the madness of it all. Lupinko leaked the original MvsC3 list, no one knows how he got it.. who's to say he still has the same source, or that his riddles are even formed correctly, or that his source is even right.. the whole title could get canned internally at this point, and since no official announcement has been made they wouldn't even owe anyone an explanation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom