• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Marvel vs Capcom: Hype Train to Comic Con; Now Boarding! Lupinko @ post 500+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anth0ny

Ryu should have been the best traits of Ryu and Akuma rolled into one character. Akuma is completely unnecessary. Alt costumes for Ryu should have been Akuma and Ken
and Dan for the lolz

And I realize that Cyclops doesn't have a super unique moveset... but when I think of Marvel, first names that come into my head are Spidey, Wolverine, Hulk, Iron Man then Cyclops. I feel like he's a staple in a game called Marvel vs. Capcom.

DR2K

Banned
Anth0ny said:
Ryu should have been the best traits of Ryu and Akuma rolled into one character. Akuma is completely unnecessary. Alt costumes for Ryu should have been Akuma and Ken
and Dan for the lolz

I prefer the way they handled shotos in MVC. Ryu could super transform into Ken and Akuma(and maybe Dan?) and use their abilities.

Dirtbag

DR2K said:
I prefer the way they handled shotos in MVC. Ryu could super transform into Ken and Akuma(and maybe Dan?) and use their abilities.

I wouldn't mind the additions if the roster was bigger. As it stands now the roster (while more playable certainly) is smaller with next to no overlap outside of Ryu/Akuma

Mista Koo

Toxicplatypus said:
They said that about Sissel too.
If both PW and Sissel are in the game... :'O

Gunloc said:
I'd prefer Roy, Nagare, Kyoko, Hayato and/or Yurika though.

But if it's anyone besides Batsu, it'll probably be Akira or Kyosuke.
For the lulz or do you actually play Nagare?
It would be awesome if it's Akira or Roy (or Hyo!).

Dirtbag said:
Look I honestly would have liked to see him over Ryu. To me Ryu is a huge waste of a spot considering how much better akuma is in this game.
But they can't leave out Ryu. It probably won't ever happen, he's far too iconic.

Mista Koo said:
For the lulz or do you actually play Nagare?
Nagare is my favorite character.

I'm quite good with him too.

Dirtbag

Gunloc said:
But, they can't leave out Ryu. It probably won't ever happen, he's far too iconic.

That's the problem. He's iconic, but he doesn't have anything special. It's time to give Ryu a new move or something. He's completely outdone by Akuma.

DR2K

Banned
Crewnh said:
I know, but even the very suggestion of them all is annoying.

Why? You got your Shuma Garoth, Modok, Arthur, Hagger, Felicia's, etc. . . I think it's time Marvel got some really good characters.

Dirtbag said:
That's the problem. He's iconic, but he doesn't have anything special. It's time to give Ryu a new move or something. He's completely outdone by Akuma.
I think his simplicity is a big part of his iconic status though. I don't think they could change that much without going into Evil Ryu territory.

And we have to remember that there is a whole group of people outside of the competitive scene (myself included) that are gonna pick characters based on personal preference. They aren't gonna care that Akuma has "better" moves.

Dirtbag

Gunloc said:
I think his simplicity is a big part of his iconic status though. I don't think they could change that much without going into Evil Ryu territory.

And we have to remember that there is a whole group of people outside of the competitive scene (myself included) that are gonna pick characters based on personal preference. They aren't gonna care that Akuma has "better" moves.

Just imagine if they gave ryu some dante style repeat motion moves. That'd be great since it wouldn't change anything about his basic moveset... but it give you some variety in approaches, combos, etc. for the more advanced user.
These moves shouldn't mirror Akuma's stuff, but just be something entirely new to give Ryu some new life.

Dirtbag said:
Just imagine if they gave ryu some dante style repeat motion moves. That'd be great since it wouldn't change anything about his basic moveset... but it give you some variety in approaches, combos, etc. for the more advanced user.
Well, if they could implement it without feeling like they've gotten too far away from the character's essence, I'd be all for it.

Though after seeing what they did to Jill, I'd be a little worried about what they'd do.

DR2K said:
Why? You got your Shuma Garoth, Modok, Arthur, Hagger, Felicia's, etc. . . I think it's time Marvel got some really good characters.
You named two Marvel characters The Marvel universe doesn't revolve around the X-Men, gosh. You already have Wolverine, Magneto, Storm, Sentinel, Deadpool and X-23. I can see maybe one or two more additions but shitton of suggestions is just silly and leaving other characters who deserve some representation. There's like 5 X-Men suggestions in the other page that referenced (Gambit, Rogue, Jubilee, Apocalypse, Cable), and if we're going 6 and 6 for Marvel and Capcom, that's only leaving one more open slot. It's stupid.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Toxicplatypus said:
I'm taking AE as a precedent, no need for snark. Although 40 for both would I guess make more sense. I'm just cheap..very very cheap.

Huh? I wasn't quoting you. In fact, I'm agreeing with you. AE and RE:Gold should be considered the precedent. SFIV should not, since it was one of the first Capcom IPs to have large amounts of DLC.

My bad then. Yet another miscommunication on an internet message-board.

" I rock you like a hurricane on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays"

So leaks (easier ones) next tuesday. So far away. Need dat marvel crack.

I'll board the train.

Really hoping for a $15-25 DLC option for current MvC3 owners (considering I bought the CE).

Also, wishlist:
Capcom
  • Gene
  • B. B Hood
  • Dhalism
Mahvel
  • Miss Marvel
  • Psylocke/Ema Frost
  • Dazzler/Jubilee

But really just Gene.

Gravijah

mqKmG.gif

Becquerel said:
Nagare was the swimmer dude, right? If so, then +1 for him being the RS rep, he's hilariously awesome.
Yeah, he's the swimming ace from Gorin University.

And I agree that his fighting style would be a great fit for Marvel vs. Capcom, and not just because he's my favorite character.

But basically the entire Rival Schools cast is perfect for cross overs, so that's why I'm surprised that they haven't been used that much. It's such an underrated and underutilized series by Capcom. I'm dying for a new entry.

Riposte

Gunloc said:

And I agree that his fighting style would be a great fit for Marvel vs. Capcom, and not just because he's my favorite character.

But basically the entire Rival Schools cast is perfect for cross overs, so that's why I'm surprised that they haven't been used that much. It's such an underrated and underutilized series by Capcom. I'm dying for a new entry.

Rival Schools vs Darkstalkers: The Game

two birds, one stone

Riposte said:
Rival Schools vs Darkstalkers: The Game

two birds, one stone
They both deserve their own new game. ;_;

With all the multiple Resident Evils, Monster Hunters, Street Fighters, etc. released in the past few years, Capcom can dole out some resources to both these series next IMO.

DR2K

Banned
Crewnh said:
You named two Marvel characters The Marvel universe doesn't revolve around the X-Men, gosh. You already have Wolverine, Magneto, Storm, Sentinel, Deadpool and X-23. I can see maybe one or two more additions but shitton of suggestions is just silly and leaving other characters who deserve some representation. There's like 5 X-Men suggestions in the other page that referenced (Gambit, Rogue, Jubilee, Apocalypse, Cable), and if we're going 6 and 6 for Marvel and Capcom, that's only leaving one more open slot. It's stupid.

I'm just saying you got your obscure characters. I highly doubt all the roster inclusions will be from X-men though.

It's not really stupid either since the series is known to be rather X-Men heavy since that series is its origin.

For people who know Marvel, absolutely none of the characters on the roster are obscure aside maybe from Shuma-Gorath.
Hell, MODOK is probably one of the more important Captain America, Iron Man and Avengers villains. Not to mention that he's been in just about any cartoon series that is related to any of these 3 comics and he's got a ton of exposure with Marvel doing their What the--?! series on YouTube with prominently featuring him.

Shuma-Gorath on the other hand is well-known among gamers for being a mainstay of the Marvel fighting games by Capcom since Marvel Super Heroes. He was in every game that spanned across the entire Marvel Universe and not only the X-Men since then.

Solune

Gunloc said:

With all the multiple Resident Evils, Monster Hunters, Street Fighters, etc. released in the past few years, Capcom can dole out some resources to both these series next IMO.
Yup. They both play entirely differently. No reason to clump them into another spinoff series. At this point I am just praying(LOL) for CvS3 to come out sometime in the future or at least CvS2 HD.

Gunloc said:

Yea but capcom is cheap as hell and only look for big profits

Solune said:
At this point I am just praying(LOL) for CvS3 to come out sometime in the future or at least CvS2 HD.

I would kill for an updated roster, and SNKP could use some extra revenue to be frank. But I feel like CvS is dead and gone as long as SNK is in its current state.

GET ON THIS CAPCOM. At least release CvS2 (console version with Evils) with netplay and upped resolution on PSN/XBLA, I would pay $30.

To all those that say Ryu needs a new move, he got one in this game. His beam Can now be aimed.

And it is way more fucking annoying and useful than it sounds.

Gunloc said:

Yea, dude is awesome. Love how his attacks are all swimming based, I remember that one super (I think it was) where he jumped across the screen and started swimming in mid-air back and forth.
Didn't he also have one where he like synchronized swam with the enemy, but on dry land? That was ridiculous, lol.

I remember Rival Schools being somewhat aircombo-heavy, too, so yea, an RS character would work with MvC3 well.

DR2K said:
I'm just saying you got your obscure characters. I highly doubt all the roster inclusions will be from X-men though.

It's not really stupid either since the series is known to be rather X-Men heavy since that series is its origin.
It was only X-Men heavy because Capcom is cheap and lazy as fuck with rehashing shit from other games. This is a brand new game that is barely reusing anything and wasting their efforts on more X-Men is stupid.

kissenger

Banned
I'm not absolutely thrilled with the new roster but I do like:

Ghost Rider
Gambit
Rogue (so long as she has big jugs)
Gill
Cable

I would also have liked to have seen:

Beast
Silver Surfer
And something ugly from one of the Resi games. Maybe the Nemesis.

dumb rumor

- The announcement is for a "super" version of MvC3, called Marvel vs Capcom 3 EX. It will be available as a DLC update and as a retail disc (with limited supplies, mostly distributed via online retailers), as well as a PC version and an (eventual) Wii U version. Pricing and release date are still being decided, but the rough release date is Q4 2011.
- The game will add 10 new characters, and Jill and Shuma will be part of the update if you don't have them already (they aren't counted towards the 10 characters).
- The only two characters I'll tell you about are the ones actually being announced at Comic-Con, which are Frank West and Cyclops.
- None of these new characters will be available as separate DLC for "vanilla" MvC3. You have to get the whole pack together.
- 4 new stages.
- The game will add some new modes and features.
- New alt costumes will also be announced for the game. You can also use these alt costumes in "vanilla" MvC3. The next set of alt costumes will be available just after the Comic-Con MvC3 presentation.
- Multiple glitches and balancing issues will be fixed in a patch available sometime in August. These changes will also of course carry over to MvC3EX.

Toxicplatypus said:
dumb rumor

- The announcement is for a "super" version of MvC3, called Marvel vs Capcom 3 EX. It will be available as a DLC update and as a retail disc (with limited supplies, mostly distributed via online retailers), as well as a PC version and an (eventual) Wii U version. Pricing and release date are still being decided, but the rough release date is Q4 2011.
- The game will add 10 new characters, and Jill and Shuma will be part of the update if you don't have them already (they aren't counted towards the 10 characters).
- The only two characters I'll tell you about are the ones actually being announced at Comic-Con, which are Frank West and Cyclops.
- None of these new characters will be available as separate DLC for "vanilla" MvC3. You have to get the whole pack together.
- 4 new stages.
- The game will add some new modes and features.
- New alt costumes will also be announced for the game. You can also use these alt costumes in "vanilla" MvC3. The next set of alt costumes will be available just after the Comic-Con MvC3 presentation.
- Multiple glitches and balancing issues will be fixed in a patch available sometime in August. These changes will also of course carry over to MvC3EX.

All I can think is that EX will stand for EXTENDED CRISIS. I have no earthly Idea why though.

vg260

Spidey has one of the most robust and iconic rogues gallery of villains. We have NONE in MvC3 and all signs point to more X-Men when we've got plenty already. Yeesh.

Doc Ock
Green Goblin
Hobgoblin
Sandman
Mysterio
Lizard
Electro
Vulture
Kraven

Any of these would be awesome and unique. Come one Capcom, just pick one! (bringing back Venom doesn't count)

I hate to be one of those guys, but if they don't put in one of these, I'm not buying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom