• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Marvel vs Capcom: Hype Train to Comic Con; Now Boarding! Lupinko @ post 500+

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Toxicplatypus said:
How about this then Marvel just confirmed mvc3 stuff at comic-con.

This marks my favorite usage of that word in this thread so far.

TheOGB

Banned
Toxicplatypus said:
http://comics.ign.com/articles/118/1181335p1.html

officially..confirmed

the section about videogames
12:30 - 1:30 PM MARVEL INTERACTIVE: MARVEL VIDEO GAMES
Learn all about Spider-Man: Edge of Time, X-Men Destiny, Captain America: Super Soldier, Super Hero Squad Online, Super Hero Squad 3DS and uDraw, Marvel Pinball and the Marvel Universe MMO. Also, find out some exciting new details about the future of Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and other Marvel games via exclusive trailers, surprise reveals, and Q&A with the game creators from some of the industry's top publishers. Room 6A
Here we go

Caj814 said:
Why else would niitsuma be at sdcc on business

Semantics really. Doubters want black and white proof. Something more substantial than tweets (you forgot the Frank Tieri slip up). It's also nice to have a time in mind for the panel.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
hmm it would seem heads up fighting games are surging back, makes me happy. With MvC3 , SSFVI arcade, SC5, and SF vs TK i should be plenty busy online.

OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY!

I don't really care all that much about the extra characters (I'm going to buy it even if it was all Iron Man clones). I just hope the online gets expanded by a lot. I want every bell and whistle dumped into this game from an online perspective.

DatBreh

Banned
Dirtbag said:
no one can be sure of anything. nothing's been officially announced. That's the madness of it all. Lupinko leaked the original MvsC3 list, no one knows how he got it.. who's to say he still has the same source, or that his riddles are even formed correctly, or that his source is even right.. the whole title could get canned internally at this point, and since no official announcement has been made they wouldn't even owe anyone an explanation

Haaaaaaaa

I remember the entire SSF4 cast was leaked and we had posts like this until the very last reveal by Capcom. Every week you had someone saying "He could be wrong, there are still (insert random number here) number of slots left that arent confirmed. Then the leaked MvC3 list hit the net and it was the same thing, people not wanting to believe anything until the last character was shown by Capcom. I dont even know why these people bother leaking things since people really dont want to believe what they say anyway.

DatBreh said:
Haaaaaaaa

I remember the entire SSF4 cast was leaked and we had posts like this until the very last reveal by Capcom. Every week you had someone saying "He could be wrong, there are still (insert random number here) number of slots left that arent confirmed. Then the leaked MvC3 list hit the net and it was the same thing, people not wanting to believe anything until the last character was shown by Capcom. I dont even know why these people bother leaking things since people really dont want to believe what they say anyway.

Welcome to the wild world of speculative internet forums..

JazzmanZ said:
If Lupinko released the character list now you'd all be bored with no new information on the game until it comes out
I'd be happy as fuck. I don't even want all of them quick like other people. Two or three every few weeks with some reasonable riddles and hints would be fantastic.

I guess some people really ruined the party for everyone the last go around...

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I'm gonna laugh when the official twitter throws out clues that are ten times more cryptic than what lupinko's been effusing.

Dirtbag

DatBreh said:
Haaaaaaaa

There were about 30 'leaked lists' for MvC3. Now we don't have a list, we have some abstract clues to characters that people are throwing the word confirmed around with.

DatBreh

Banned
Dirtbag said:
There were about 30 'leaked lists' for MvC3. Now we don't have a list, we have some abstract clues to characters that people are throwing the word confirmed around with.

Yes, there were a lot of lists, but Lupinko posted one early on that was then "confirmed" by numerous other source leaks.

This game exists and there isnt a possibility that it could be canned.

enzo_gt said:
Did anyone else laugh when they read this tweet? I laughed.

I don't think that dude looks very cool to be honest. Some nice character design but something screams 'eh' about him.

He will have ridiculous supers. Like, Oni Akuma level shit.

Dreams-Visions said:
What are the odds we get an online spectator mode?

You know...features that have been in online fighters since 2005?
About as good as your chances of beating DP at X-factor level 3 with Tron.

Dirtbag

DatBreh said:
Yes, there were a lot of lists, but Lupinko posted one early on that was then "confirmed" by numerous other source leaks.

This game exists and there isnt a possibility that it could be canned.

I'm talking about people saying confirmed characters are: Phoenix Wright / Strider / Cable... etc. The word choice is ridiculous. It seems likely that they will announce SMvsC3 soon, but they may just as easily announce a patch and 2 dlc characters at comic-con.

so....DLC add on or full retail disc...

I'm torn cause I can wait for Super MvC3 and sell the first while it still has some value(I don't play it).

DR2K

Banned
ARXIN said:
so....DLC add on or full retail disc...

I'm torn cause I can wait for Super MvC3 and sell the first while it still has some value(I don't play it).

I'm thinking DLC add on with a retail release, that way as to not undermine the current game on shelves now. There's no reason why they shouldn't be releasing 2 characters per month. If Midway can do it, there's no excuse for Capcom not to.

El Sloth

Banned
ARXIN said:
If it was a dlc add on would it be possible for them to code in spectating and add replays etc?
I doubt that they can.

But even if they can I still think it'll be a retail release only.

Wondering if I should just trade my disc (generic case) in to Gamestop with the 40% coupon at this point (I have the collector's edition but don't want to get rid of the steelbook). Guess it depends on what the details are when comiccon happens...

Anth0ny

So is there any reason why Cyclops' name is being throw around? Judging from this thread, it looks like he's going to be a major player in all this crazy X-Men shit Marvel is doing.

then again, Cyclops has always been a major player. How isn't he in this game again?

Dirtbag

Anth0ny said:
then again, Cyclops has always been a major player. How isn't he in this game again?

There's really nothing too exciting about his playstyle / powers. Considering how much smaller this roster turned out, we really didn't need another version of a shoto.
He had some variety in his execution over typical shoto's.. but it would have made more sense for Marvel to ditch ryu in favor of cyclops and had Akuma / Cyclops..... but fat chance of that happening

smurfx

get some go again
i honestly don't care if cyclops doesn't make it into the game. this game doesn't need more teleporting and beam characters.

I'd like to see Cyclops, but with the possibility of Batsu also getting in, we'd have a lot of similar playstyles.

This wouldn't bother me personally, but I know there would be a lot of complaining from some. The perfect solution though would be to add Cyclops and a Rival Schools character that's not Batsu.

I'll be happy with any RS representation, but I'd really like to see someone other than Batsu or Kyosuke get a shot.

Dirtbag

Gunloc said:
I'd like to see Cyclops, but with the possibility of Batsu also getting in, we'd have a lot of similar playstyles.

This wouldn't bother me personally, but I know there would be a lot of complaining from some. The perfect solution though would be to add Cyclops and a Rival Schools character that's not Batsu.

I'll be happy with any RS representation, but I'd really like to see someone other than Batsu or Kyosuke get a shot.

dude with the giant bat! or that claw dude

DR2K

Banned
Dirtbag said:
There's really nothing too exciting about his playstyle / powers. Considering how much smaller this roster turned out, we really didn't need another version of a shoto.
He had some variety in his execution over typical shoto's.. but it would have made more sense for Marvel to ditch ryu in favor of cyclops and had Akuma / Cyclops..... but fat chance of that happening

Other than his ability to double jump, insanely fast normals, command throw, a rekka-like chain, beam with various angles(he had a beam that hit low too), full controllable direction super, etc. . . He had much more going for him than most think.

There's a plethora of characters that shouldn't have made it in MVC3 over fan favorites. You can try and make sense out of them, but that would be like figuring out one of Lupinko's riddles.

Dirtbag

DR2K said:
Other than his ability to double jump, insanely fast normals, command throw, a rekka-like chain, beam with various angles(he had a beam that hit low too), full controllable direction super, etc. . . He had much more going for him than most think.

There's a plethora of characters that shouldn't have made it in MVC3 over fan favorites. You can try and make sense out of them, but that would be like figuring out one of Lupinko's riddles.

Look I honestly would have liked to see him over Ryu. To me Ryu is a huge waste of a spot considering how much better akuma is in this game.

Dirtbag said:
dude with the giant bat! or that claw dude
You mean Shoma & Kurow? (or maybe Raizo?) I think Shoma would have the best chance out of those two/three.

I'd prefer Roy, Nagare, Kyoko, Hayato and/or Yurika though.

But if it's anyone besides Batsu, it'll probably be Akira or Kyosuke.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Anth0ny said:
So is there any reason why Cyclops' name is being throw around? Judging from this thread, it looks like he's going to be a major player in all this crazy X-Men shit Marvel is doing.

There were only 2 leads on Cyclops I can recall: Exhibit A and Exhibit B. What are people talking about now?

I'd like Cyclops in though. Not one of my top choices but OPTIC BLAST.

Also, can someone help me out. I remember someone referenced this tweet: "speaking of the late tony jay, he was also virgil and megabyte! not to mention having a role in twins" having relation to Dr. Octopus. Does anyone remember how?

DR2K

Banned
Dirtbag said:
Look I honestly would have liked to see him over Ryu. To me Ryu is a huge waste of a spot considering how much better akuma is in this game.

I'm sure adding Akuma was easy to add since he was basically a palette swap. I don't mind swaps as long as they add something.

Dirtbag

Gunloc said:
You mean Shoma & Kurow? (or maybe Raizo?) I think Shoma would have the best chance out of those two/three.

I'd prefer Roy, Nagare, Kyoko, Hayato and/or Yurika though.

But if it's anyone besides Batsu, it'll probably be Akira or Kyosuke.

Yeah those are them.
I have no idea what kind of movesets those guys have, its been so long since I played the game. Just charcterwise I can see those two fitting and having a distinct style/look to them.
I'm sure their movesets would need some tweaks. Would be neat to have level 3 super for a rival school character where they have one of your teammates come out and do one of those tag team combos

DR2K said:
I'm sure adding Akuma was easy to add since he was basically a palette swap. I don't mind swaps as long as they add something.
Akuma plays differently, most notably the jumping attacks / fireballs vs. Ryu straight across in the air... but the are still so similar it's hard to feel like Ryu isn't missing something.
Ryu got some health, Akuma got some offense.

smurfx

get some go again
if they do add cyclops then i hope they tone down x factor. x factor 3 chip deaths are the worst. since this is a major character i'm sure capcom would give his beam ridiculous chip damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom