• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros X (Brawl) homepage countdowns, where everyone knows your name

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snaku said:
I'm still praying for...

brawlnewcomeromegatomhanks.jpg

Don't let me down Nintendo! :)

WILSON PUNCH!

Furoba

Michan said:
Now you mention it, an Electroplankton stage would be awesome. Creating music by hopping from platform to platform, colliding with planktons, etc.

Might get annoying after a while, but WHATEVER.

Imagine having the audio recording fish in a stage. Recording character's death voices and mixing those tunes would be pure awesomeness.

Tututu ... tututu... tututu... UUUAAAAAA! :D

EktorPR

MasterMFauli said:
The counter on the website is still at 3 days. I though it should be online on sunday :-/

It's MONDAY, my friend. MONDAY. And smack dab in the middle of a huge Nintendo media event that's supposed to take place next week.

Ramenman

Well, so :

2days.jpg

kerazykermit.gif
kerazykermit.gif
kerazykermit.gif
kerazykermit.gif
kerazykermit.gif
kerazykermit.gif

Edit : Wow, that means the site will be online at Monday at 5 PM for me, I'm quite happy I'm not being screwed by the time zones :D

ant1532

Banned
So here's just a quick throw down of the already confirmed stages and characters:

Stages:
image865508td4.jpg

-Mario Circuit
-Yoshi's Island (Changes seasons)
-Pokemon Stadium
-Starfox Lylat Planetary Orbit (speculated to enter Corneria atmosphere
-Shadow Moses/Alaska
-Angel Land
-Battlefield (might be a Kid Icarus level due to the greek pillars and logo on the stone but Nintendo Power claims it's BF.. but it's Nintendo Power..)
-Fire Emblem Castle Stage
-Meta Knight's Ship (platform follows the ship from hangar like in Mute City)

Characters:
300pxssbbrawl3pq3.jpg

Returned characters
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Kirby
Samus
Fox

New Characters

Wario
Zero Suit Samus (not confirmed if she's a transformation of Samus yet)
Solid Snake
Metaknight
Pit

Semi-confirmed

Yoshi(He has a stage but hasn't been shown yet.)

-------

Sakurai said all the characters from Melee (26) won't be in Brawl probably. He also said he's not putting any Manga characters in. So don't think you're going to be playing as Goku.

He also stated that the third party characters that will be in the game(which he said he was thinking how many he should try and get in. His quote went something like this
"maybe 3 more?" The characters would have to appear on a Nintendo console in the past also.

dkeane

Agatha from Zelda: TP would be a nice surprise. She's such a cool character but probably (definitely) won't make it in.

2 DAYS!!!!

NotWii

Banned
ant1532 said:
Yep the main thing I want as for characters would just be Links ability to change into a fox.
Playing as a wolf sucked in TP, it would REALLY suck in SSBB.
I'll switch to another character if it happens.

ant1532

Banned
Wii said:
Playing as a wolf sucked in TP, it would REALLY suck in SSBB.
I'll switch to another character if it happens.
If you think he would just have one move like in TP then you think more of Sakurai's team.

Ikael

He also stated that the third party characters that will be in the game(which he said he was thinking how many he should try and get in. His quote went something like this
"maybe 3 more?" The characters would have to appear on a Nintendo console in the past also.
That's a big departure from his initial position. If I don't remember it bad, Sakurai used to be adamantly against the inclusion of third party characters.

ant1532 said:
If you think he would just have one move like in TP then you think more of Sakurai's team.

If anything, Link would lose one attack because of the transformation down+B >_<
Transformation suck, i want the full possible move-set for every character.
But why not make Midna a character combinde with Wolf-Link? This way Midna would have her appearance in the game AND we´d have a Wolf-Link with all his attacks.

ant1532

Banned
MasterMFauli said:
If anything, Link would lose one attack because of the transformation down+B >_<
Um, lose one attack and gain hella more. It's 2 character move sets in one.

ant1532 said:

Yeah. The Zelda/Sheik transformation was kind of one-sided because, well... Zelda sucks. A lot.

Also, this "Sakurai said there would be three more third party characters!" stuff is total BS. The true quote hinted that there MIGHT be 1 or 2 more. Basically, there is no real confirmation that there will be any more 3rd party characters, and there DEFINITELY won't be 3 more.

WastingPenguins said:
Yeah. The Zelda/Sheik transformation was kind of one-sided because, well... Zelda sucks. A lot.

Also, this "Sakurai said there would be three more third party characters!" stuff is total BS. The true quote hinted that there MIGHT be 1 or 2 more. Basically, there is no real confirmation that there will be any more 3rd party characters, and there DEFINITELY won't be 3 more.

After reading this I get the feeling we might get a Snake clone (literally :lol ) and that would be the other 3rd party character.

Yeah. I'm guessing there will be 1 more, and that would likely be Sonic. Based on the actual evidence (i.e. true quotes and not the BS rumors that spread like wildfire), I'd be pretty shocked to see more than that.

But who knows! Two more days! :D

ant1532 said:

No, that way you have 2 charaters wih each one missing 1 attack. And transformation-time can decide a match, if you´re playing against a strong enemy. I just want unique full-flegded characters, not combinations. How about Yoshi transforming into another color-Yoshi thus gaining new abilites? No, please not.

Firestorm

MasterMFauli said:
But why not make Midna a character combinde with Wolf-Link? This way Midna would have her appearance in the game AND we´d have a Wolf-Link with all his attacks.

But hey, it might beat Zelda for best down+B move in the game. Or beat Sheik for one of the worst down+B moves...

MasterMFauli said:
No, that way you have 2 charaters wih each one missing 1 attack. And transformation-time can decide a match, if you´re playing against a strong enemy. I just want unique full-flegded characters, not combinations. How about Yoshi transforming into another color-Yoshi thus gaining new abilites? No, please not.

Eh, it doesn't really bother me because a LOT of characters have utterly useless attacks. Take Ganondorf's warlock punch or his up-tilt (the one where he raises one leg real high for a minute and then slams it down)... both completely useless, except maybe against a sleeping Jigglypuff. So Sheik/Zelda "missing" an attack is fine by me.

ant1532

Banned
WastingPenguins said:
Also, this "Sakurai said there would be three more third party characters!" stuff is total BS. The true quote hinted that there MIGHT be 1 or 2 more. Basically, there is no real confirmation that there will be any more 3rd party characters,
I never said that Sakurai said "There will be 3 more third party characters"...

I said
ant1532 said:
His quote went something like this
"maybe 3 more?"
based on memory.

Here is the direct quote
Sakurai said:
"Anyways, at most we'll add another 1-2 characters [after Snake], maybe?"

WastingPenguins said:
and there DEFINITELY won't be 3 more.
And why do you act like he thinks like a robot and can't change his mind? Developers are ALWAYS changing their minds and doing things differently from what they said they will do. And Sakurai didn't even say it in a sure tone.

ant1532: I wasn't talking specifically to you. There have been a bunch of posts in this thread with people saying, "Yeah, Sakurai said he was going to put three more in!!! So I want Pacman, Cloud, James Pond..." etc. I'm just saying nothing is confirmed.

ant1532 said:
Zero Suit Samus (not confirmed if she's a transformation of Samus yet)
I'm almost positive this was confirmed on the website before it went kaput.

Something like "Under certain conditions, Samus will lose her armor and become Zero Suit Samus."

Sure, that could mean "Under certain conditions you unlock her," but it seems to me it's more of a transformation, perhaps an involuntary one.

ShockingAlberto said:

Something like "Under certain conditions, Samus will lose her armor and become Zero Suit Samus."

Sure, that could mean "Under certain conditions you unlock her," but it seems to me it's more of a transformation, perhaps an involuntary one.

It did say something along those lines, but as you pointed out... "under certain conditions" could be interpreted in any number of ways. It's far, far from confirmed either way.

ant1532

Banned
WastingPenguins said:
ant1532: I wasn't talking specifically to you. There have been a bunch of posts in this thread with people saying, "Yeah, Sakurai said he was going to put three more in!!! So I want Pacman, Cloud, James Pond..." etc. I'm just saying nothing is confirmed.
Ahh ok, I was going to say... Well I did lol.

WastingPenguins said:
It did say something along those lines, but as you pointed out... "under certain conditions" could be interpreted in any number of ways. It's far, far from confirmed either way.
True enough. The reason I personally feel it's a transformation is because way too many of Samus' moves are Sheik's. The whip, the needler-style gun, even her hand-to-hand combat is similar, judging by the last trailer. I think they'll use Twilight Princess Zelda and make Samus the transformer.

wsippel

Banned
studio810 said:
Agatha from Zelda: TP would be a nice surprise. She's such a cool character but probably (definitely) won't make it in.

2 DAYS!!!!
I hope Midna (true form) will make it in. I doubt it, though... :(

Dolphin

Banned
I wonder if the reason we haven't seen some of the characters is because they're starring in new games, and SSBB uses the character models from those respective games. Like Yoshi.

Can someone explain to me why Smash Bros. can work online but Virtua Fighter 5 can not?

Also they really need to confirm control methods.. GameCube controls were confirmed.. are they going to re-release the WaveBird to work with Bluetooth or are they going to just manafacture more controllers?

Will there be a bundle with the game? Classic controller support seems a bit dodgy. It's a game where rumble is nice.

Eteric Rice

Visualante said:
Can someone explain to me why Smash Bros. can work online but Virtua Fighter 5 can not?

Also they really need to confirm control methods.. GameCube controls were confirmed.. are they going to re-release the WaveBird to work with Bluetooth or are they going to just manafacture more controllers?

Will there be a bundle with the game? Classic controller support seems a bit dodgy. It's a game where rumble is nice.

Either re-release it, or release it in a slimmer form for the Wii.

I'm betting they're going to package a Classic Controller with every copy of the game. Would be the best idea.

laserbeam

Banned
MasterMFauli said:
Well, how about Midna´s shadow mask form :lol
10 times as big as any other character ^^

Imp midna would be a pretty cool character to include. use the helmet for the pickup and throw move etc

Jirotrom

ShockingAlberto said:

No...you are right...it was stated it was a transformation on the site. You don't pick Zero suit as zero suit.

Kafel

Banned
Eteric Rice said:
Either re-release it, or release it in a slimmer form for the Wii.

I'm betting they're going to package a Classic Controller with every copy of the game. Would be the best idea.

I think many of you are mistaken.

Sakurai said that the main mode of the game won't use the specifities of the wiimote. But of course we will be able to play with the cross and buttons of the wiimote/nunchuk, without doing any movement or pointing.

And it will be possible to play with a GC controller and most likely the classic controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom