• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros X (Brawl) homepage countdowns, where everyone knows your name

Status
Not open for further replies.
laserbeam said:
Imp midna would be a pretty cool character to include. use the helmet for the pickup and throw move etc

You know, THAT would be awsome.
Masks from previous Zelda-games as a pick up.
Goron mask, Zora-mask, Deku-mask....Fierce Deity-mask ^^
Would require a lot of work to transform each character into one of those creatures, but well, it´s SSB, the most awsome fightng-series ^^

Jirotrom

Visualante said:
Can someone explain to me why Smash Bros. can work online but Virtua Fighter 5 can not?

Also they really need to confirm control methods.. GameCube controls were confirmed.. are they going to re-release the WaveBird to work with Bluetooth or are they going to just manafacture more controllers?

Will there be a bundle with the game? Classic controller support seems a bit dodgy. It's a game where rumble is nice.

They can both technically be played online but there is an issue called "lag". There are moves in VF that need to be done within 1 frame and lag kind of screws that up thus breaking the games technical prowess online. Smash will be the same in that online will gimp it a bit because of the lag...this is a problem with all online games its just much more noticeable in fighters.

Kafel said:
I think many of you are mistaken.

Sakurai said that the main mode of the game won't use the specifities of the wiimote. But of course we will be able to play with the cross and buttons of the wiimote/nunchuk, without doing any movement or pointing.
That's so retarded I want a source if possible.
MrNibbles said:
I have low expectatoins for the online component of this game.
Any amount of lag will render the game unplayable.
Continental play only? Like in Smash Football.

MrNibbles

Banned
MasterMFauli said:
You know, THAT would be awsome.
Masks from previous Zelda-games as a pick up.
Goron mask, Zora-mask, Deku-mask....Fierce Deity-mask ^^
Would require a lot of work to transform each character into one of those creatures, but well, it´s SSB, the most awsome fightng-series ^^

Bunny ears say hi.

Taurus

ant1532 said:
So here's just a quick throw down of the already confirmed stages and characters:

Stages:
image865508td4.jpg

-Mario Circuit
-Yoshi's Island (Changes seasons)
-Pokemon Stadium
-Starfox Lylat Planetary Orbit (speculated to enter Corneria atmosphere
-Shadow Moses/Alaska
-Angel Land
-Battlefield (might be a Kid Icarus level due to the greek pillars and logo on the stone but Nintendo Power claims it's BF.. but it's Nintendo Power..)
-Fire Emblem Castle Stage
-Meta Knight's Ship (platform follows the ship from hangar like in Mute City)

Characters:
300pxssbbrawl3pq3.jpg

Returned characters
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Kirby
Samus
Fox

New Characters

Wario
Zero Suit Samus (not confirmed if she's a transformation of Samus yet)
Solid Snake
Metaknight
Pit

Semi-confirmed

Yoshi(He has a stage but hasn't been shown yet.)

-------

Sakurai said all the characters from Melee (26) won't be in Brawl probably. He also said he's not putting any Manga characters in. So don't think you're going to be playing as Goku.

He also stated that the third party characters that will be in the game(which he said he was thinking how many he should try and get in. His quote went something like this
"maybe 3 more?" The characters would have to appear on a Nintendo console in the past also.
Great post, needs to be quoted.

Also remember this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=274welUb0cM

So has anyone figured out exactly what time the smash bros. site has been changing days? Just wanna know how late I'm going to be staying up tomorrow night!

Chao

Scum said:
That trailer brought back memories of last E3 and one of the most awesome threads ever started on NeoGAF. Solid mother****ing Snake! :lol

I remember that photoshop with Snake spying Zero Suit Samus and the quote "rape time" from that thread.

Ah, the memories.

This is semi off topic (well completely off topic), but which games besides this one are slated or currently offer Wii-mote and GC/Classic controller schemes? I think the only two I've heard are Metal Slug and Mortal Kombat. I think thats right. Also Fire Emblem. I think it would be a cool thing for Nintendo to put more controller options in for games - you shouldn't be locked into playing with the Wii-mote if you don't want. I also think they should create a cheap retro adapter for N64 controllers. I miss that controller for certain games.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Saoh said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol the memories.

i miss E3 :(

At least we're getting these megatons right after another.

It's like E3. But D:

Monk

Banned
BTW, does Pit being in this confirm a Wii game, were there any characters in SSBM that didnt appear in a game on the GC?

Saoh

Monk said:
BTW, does Pit being in this confirm a Wii game, were there any characters in SSBM that didnt appear in a game on the GC?

Ice Climbers come to mind.

Hollywood_mIRC said:
...but which games besides this one are slated or currently offer Wii-mote and GC/Classic controller schemes?

DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 2. but i think you can't do all the moves with the GCN controller, still, for multiplayer one person can use the wiimote and the other one can use the GCN controller.

Zeed

Banned
Snaku said:
:lol That's awesome. They seemed a little more restrained than they were during the Zelda E3 '04 reveal.
That was because the Zelda unveiling was done during the general Nintendo event when they were in an auditorium crammed with people. For the SSBB unveiling they grabbed a handful of journalists off the show floor and shoved them into a small room. However, the reaction was a little more enthused than that video might indicate.

Here is the entire audio recording of the event:

Right Click Save As

The site that once hosted it is gone, and no one seems to have mirrored it anywhere. But luckily I don't throw anything away. If you listen carefully, shortly after the trailer ends you can hear a girl go "Oh my god" followed by an urgent whisper "Zip up your pants!"

Monk said:

I don't understand you. Mr. Game and Watch definitely didn't appear in a GC game. Also, consider that SSBM was a launch window title for the Cube. This means that several characters were in SSBM, but their games hadn't even begun development (i.e. Fire Emblem, which appeared on the system much later in its lifecycle). So... no, I don't think this confirms anything about there being a new Kid Icarus game in development.

Miguga64 said:
2 Days 'n' Counting! Lets hope big info such as Blizzard that announced Starcraft 2

For reals! At least a new trailer. So, does anyone know approximatley when the "Days" counter on the website is ticking? I just want to plan ahead and figure out how late I'm going to have to stay up tomorrow night :D

Scum

Haunted One said:
thanks. :)

edit: that thread is fantastic. :lol :lol

It was even more brilliant on the day. Most of us were all expecting some bit of SSB related news during Nintendo's Press conference but nothing happened. But we got distracted by the fact that Nintendo actually had a really good showing anyway.
So most of us NeoGAFfers had given up any hope of seeing anything Smash related, and lo and behold, Sakurai & Nintendo set us up the bomb! :lol

DeceitDecide said:
For reals! At least a new trailer. So, does anyone know approximatley when the "Days" counter on the website is ticking? I just want to plan ahead and figure out how late I'm going to have to stay up tomorrow night :D

It will be end of counting down at May 22th 00:00AM.
find your time.
World clock

NeonZ

DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 2. but i think you can't do all the moves with the GCN controller, still, for multiplayer one person can use the wiimote and the other one can use the GCN controller.

You can do every move, they're just simplified. With the Wiimote, each special attack has one of 5 different motions, based loosely on the characters motion for the attack. With the GC controller, Every Blast 1 is done with Y+L, every Blast 2 with Y+L+Up and every Ultimate with Y+L+Down.

Scum

Here's hoping their warp core of a server has an ample supply of dilithium crystals, because we don't want a repeat of the GTAIV shinanigans if there's any new footage to be seen. ;-/

TJ Spyke

MrNibbles said:
I have low expectatoins for the online component of this game.
Any amount of lag will render the game unplayable.

That's why Sakurai said they would put in online play ONLY if they can get it running with 4 players and no lag. Meaning, if they can't get 4 player games and have no lag, they won't include online play.

Hollywood, "The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy" also allows you to use the Classic Controller (we found out because it was the first time we saw the back of a Wii game box).

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Oh, by the way, I think it should be called SSBX over here as well. Never liked the 'Brawl' moniker. Seems a step down from Melee.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Kewl, Japanese or Pseudo wannabe Japanese Gaffers are lookin' out for the new info.
J-GAF>Timezones

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
This could be big. I think it all comes down to control honestly. Nobody will be disappointed with the character list, and the graphics are already satisfactory. It's nintendo, so the expectation for online capabilities has got to be low, regardless of what they've said publically.

Control, control, control. I won't be surprised at all if wiimote+nunchuck becomes the default setting. I'm already practicing my bat swing. :)

thefro

Dechaios said:
Didn't they say that Brawl would be played with the gamecube controller?

Could, not would. Expect a Wiimote + Nunchuck scheme as well (probably with Smashing = waggling).

Threi

notag
PantherLotus said:
Control, control, control. I won't be surprised at all if wiimote+nunchuck becomes the default setting. I'm already practicing my bat swing. :)

:O oh crap i completely forgot about items + wiimote...

Dechaios said:
Didn't they say that Brawl would be played with the gamecube controller?

Yes, but think about it. Not everyone that owns a Wii owns a GC controller. As such, Nintendo pretty much has to make the game compatible with the Nunchuk+remote combo. Now, that doesn't mean the game has to use motion controls. In fact, I think a lot of people are betting the game will have totally traditional controls mapped to the Wiimote which would make the option of using the GC controller a possibility. I guess what I'm saying is don't expect gamecube controls to be the "default".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom