• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Æ |OT5| Waiting to go from Super to Ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is that she won't get her true TKCS back, instead maybe you'll just have to jump and do a CS as soon as possible. Still, it looks like she can do it pretty low and enough to blow up crouch tech's and lows like she did before.

Imm0rt4l

My guess is that she won't get her true TKCS back, instead maybe you'll just have to jump and do a CS as soon as possible. Still, it looks like she can do it pretty low and enough to blow up crouch tech's and lows like she did before.
Yea, I can see this being the case

Threi

notag
i3zINg9RIEtpn.gif

yall is good people capcom

Threi

notag
i lol'd

is his crouching fierce really that bad? dayum

That's his stand far fierce. The hitbox is more vertical, that gif is a joke but the real issue is that it has a pretty bad hitbox and is slow, so currently it trades with everything (i.e. if that dummy was set to do a jumping attack instead of neutral jump, deejay's far fierce would more than likely get stuffed)

i think its semi-viable if you use s.lk to whiff punish into sobat xx super xx ultra
true, but that is only if you have charge. Its not like you can dance in and out of footsie range and then BAM hit stand short xx super

It'll die back down when people remember you need at least some skill to be good at this game. It ain't Mehvel, kids.

when i first got super, it seriously took me like 8 months of straight grinding to be confident in my skills to even participate in a small local at uci. this shit aint for quitters.

I'm guessing it'll be similar.

But really, I just enjoy the way Ibuki plays more than Cammy. They're both my style, but Ibuki is much more mixup/setup oriented. Cammy if far more straight forward. I'll play them both, but I want to focus more on Ibuki.

I never learned vortex or unblockables, so hopefully that stuff is taken out or made a lot weaker.

Throwing people 3-4 times in a row after command dashing never gets old haha.

jlai

That's his stand far fierce. The hitbox is more vertical, that gif is a joke but the real issue is that it has a pretty bad hitbox and is slow, so currently it trades with everything (i.e. if that dummy was set to do a jumping attack instead of neutral jump, deejay's far fierce would more than likely get stuffed)

No the real joke is that its from the capcom panel at EVO where they were demonstrating the buffed version of the normal :(

true, but that is only if you have charge. Its not like you can dance in and out of footsie range and then BAM hit stand short xx super

I guess one of the main ways would be throw and then slide to close distance and maintain charge, then walk back/Gootecks shimmy to whiff punish

A new thread without a wall of shame? Not on my watch, now presenting the OT4 Top 20 wall of shame

sixteen-bit 923
Kadey 865
Professor Beef 704
Rice-Eater 699
USD 629
black_vegeta 581
Imm0rt4l 545
biosnake20 492
Conceited 429
Edgeward 425
Corky 404
Lost Fragment 389
Karsius 389
Timedog 377
Satyamdas 330
the_log_ride 318
Venfayth 297
KidA Seven 296
cackhyena 276
jlai 224

Notes:

-Sixteen-bit at the top? I didn't see that coming, I don't think he even comes around here anymore
-Me at #4, yeah boi. If I had known I was 1 away from 700, I would have posted something
-RIP Saty
-Onemic is now Karsius? WTF, when did this happen?
I think I've "won" every SF4 OT wall of shame.

Trickster

How much easier is this game ( and beat em up games in generel ) to play with one of those arcade stick controllers? Playing with the 360 controller like I am now is utter shit it feels like.

Any suggestions for arcade sticks would also be appreciated, though they need to work on a pc, as that's what I'm playing SF4 on atm.

How much easier is this game ( and beat em up games in generel ) to play with one of those arcade stick controllers? Playing with the 360 controller like I am now is utter shit it feels like.

Any suggestions for arcade sticks would also be appreciated, though they need to work on a pc, as that's what I'm playing SF4 on atm.

Can't go wrong with a MadCatz 360 SE or TE, or a SCV5 stick. I'd buy one during a tournament since MadCatz will have deals going on then. MadCatz.

BizzyBum

If you never attempted a stick you're going to hate life for a few weeks.. it took me a few months to get it truly down and be better and during the first few weeks I felt like throwing it out the window lol

Trickster

Can't go wrong with a MadCatz 360 SE or TE, or a SCV5 stick. I'd buy one during a tournament since MadCatz will have deals going on then. MadCatz.

Those don't work for pc though, do they? :(

If you never attempted a stick you're going to hate life for a few weeks.. it took me a few months to get it truly down and be better and during the first few weeks I felt like throwing it out the window lol

can't be worse than the dpad on a freaking 360 controller :p

BizzyBum

btw I'll be down to play tonight on any platform.. if we get enough people maybe open up an Endless.. I'll add everyone listed in the OP though not sure how updated it is

And like Clockwork, out come the Gens.

I dont get some Dan players.

LOL WHO CARES IF YOU WON!? I WAS PLAYING DAN SO SAD YOU HAD SO MUCH TROUBLE AGAISNT DAN TROLLOLOL!!!~~111!

OMG YOU LOST AGAISNT DAN OF ALL PEOPLE! JUST BREAK YOUR FINGERS AND STOP PLAYING THE GAME FOREVER SCRUBS!

Woops. Yeah. I think anything after a SFIV SE PS3 stick should work on PC. Something to do with USB Ports.

Onemic

I know for sure TEs do. Unless that's changed recently. I may have misspoke about the SE.

Edit: I just plugged in my SH fight stick (PS3), and even that works...so, yeah, pretty sure he'll be fine with a TE.

That stick is for PS3 though. I'm pretty sure 360 sticks don't work on PC. Unless that changed recently.

Skilletor

That stick is for PS3 though. I'm pretty sure 360 sticks don't work on PC. Unless that changed recently.

I'm positive they do. I own several. 360 stick is far more likely to work on PC than a ps3 stick, was my point. If a ps3 mad catz stick works on pc, a 360 one definitely will.

Onemic

I'm positive they do. I own several. 360 stick is far more likely to work on PC than a ps3 stick, was my point. If a ps3 mad catz stick works on pc, a 360 one definitely will.

I thought a 360 stick was less likely to work? At least that's what people at my local scene tell me depending on how old your stick is.

Skilletor

I thought a 360 stick was less likely to work? At least that's what people at my local scene tell me depending on how old your stick is.

The original Mad Catz TEs worked with PC. It was the ps3 ones that didn't. Every 360 stick I own works with PC.

I've never owned an SE, so I can't comment on that, but I own 3 TEs and several SFxT fight sticks and they all work. Your local scene has it a bit backwards. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom