• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super T.I.M.E Force - A New Game By Capybara Games

Evlar

Banned
I presume this is the same pixel artist(s) who drew Sword & Sworcery? Because OMG the art in that game is so fucking awesome.

TimeKillr

You know what's insane? I'm pretty sure I figured out how the game works.

But the problem is, I'm gonna wait, because if it isn't what I think it is, I got a new game to pitch to my boss. :)

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Awesome style. Since it's confirmed not to be on iOS I'm hoping it will appear on PC.

TimeKillr said:
You know what's insane? I'm pretty sure I figured out how the game works.

But the problem is, I'm gonna wait, because if it isn't what I think it is, I got a new game to pitch to my boss. :)
This is what PM's are for :)

Delio

chickdigger802 said:
time_force.png

time force?

Ah so someone made the joke I dared not do. Bravo

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
criesofthepast said:
So proud to have capy be from Toronto. I should stop buy with a 12 pack one day seeing as I pass their building often.
A 12 pack? It should be a two four. What kind of Canadian are you?

Description:
THE YEAR: 198X

THE PROBLEM: EVERYTHING'S GONE TO SHIT

THE MISSION: ERASE HISTORY'S DUMB MISTAKES

THE GOAL: MAKE THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE FOR YOU AND ME

THE TEAM: T.I.M.E (TEMPORAL INEVITABILITY MANIPULATION EXPERTS), AN ELITE SQUAD OF TIME-TRAVELING BADASSES

QUALIFICATIONS: MAXIMUM BADASSERY

ALSO: THEY HOLD PATENTS ON TIME TRAVEL GEAR THAT NO ONE HAS

THE PLAN: JUMP THROUGH TIME AND KILL STUFF THAT NEVER SHOULD'VE HAPPENED

FOR INSTANCE: COVERT ALIEN INVASIONS, NAZIS, BOY BANDS, ETC.

THE CATCH: ALTERING PRE-EXISTING EVENTS IN SPACE-TIME COULD HAVE DIRE CONSEQUENCES

THE CONSEQUENCES:
- PISSING OFF GOD
- TOTAL ANNIHILATION OF ALL MATTER OF EXISTENCE
- ACCIDENTALLY DATING YOUR MOTHER

PROBABILITY OF SUCCESS: UNCERTAIN

THE RISK: WORTH IT

WHEN DO THEY START: NOW!

Greatest PR or Best PR of all time?

ctrayne

Note: this is not a port begging post. I know that's bannable. :)

However, a question: are all these indie games that are exclusive to XBLA or PSN going to die forever when the services are shut down or restarted due to the next generation of consoles? Or is there a way to download them and keep them handy?

Real question. I don't really have a console.

Teknoman

Description:
THE YEAR: 198X

THE PROBLEM: EVERYTHING'S GONE TO SHIT

THE MISSION: ERASE HISTORY'S DUMB MISTAKES

THE GOAL: MAKE THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE FOR YOU AND ME

THE TEAM: T.I.M.E (TEMPORAL INEVITABILITY MANIPULATION EXPERTS), AN ELITE SQUAD OF TIME-TRAVELING BADASSES

QUALIFICATIONS: MAXIMUM BADASSERY

ALSO: THEY HOLD PATENTS ON TIME TRAVEL GEAR THAT NO ONE HAS

THE PLAN: JUMP THROUGH TIME AND KILL STUFF THAT NEVER SHOULD'VE HAPPENED

FOR INSTANCE: COVERT ALIEN INVASIONS, NAZIS, BOY BANDS, ETC.

THE CATCH: ALTERING PRE-EXISTING EVENTS IN SPACE-TIME COULD HAVE DIRE CONSEQUENCES

THE CONSEQUENCES:
- PISSING OFF GOD
- TOTAL ANNIHILATION OF ALL MATTER OF EXISTENCE
- ACCIDENTALLY DATING YOUR MOTHER

PROBABILITY OF SUCCESS: UNCERTAIN

THE RISK: WORTH IT

WHEN DO THEY START: NOW!

ibnSnDldgE6Xp7.gif

However, a question: are all these indie games that are exclusive to XBLA or PSN going to die forever when the services are shut down or restarted due to the next generation of consoles? Or is there a way to download them and keep them handy?

Who knows. This is why I hope my favorite indie games get some form of physical release. It's a long shot, but it's the only way to make sure I can play them 10 years down the line.

Daigoro

whoa missed this announcement originally.

i like the way it looks and the humor is great. havent bought a Capy game yet, but this could do the trick for me.

Jonnyram

A hell of a lot of indie XBLA stuff has ended up on Steam a year or so later. I'd wager this will too. No idea whether XBLA stuff will stay around forever. It's really up to the publisher, so if it's MS-published, it will certainly last as long as MS keeps the service going.

Who knows. This is why I hope my favorite indie games get some form of physical release. It's a long shot, but it's the only way to make sure I can play them 10 years down the line.

Perhaps you won't be able to find a working Xbox 360 in 10 years, so you won't be able to play them anyway.

Gattsu25

Banned
Just fyi, pixel art does not mean 'faux retro'. Pixel art is a style, just like cell-shaded 3D or stop motion animation.

Since you liking it is subjective, i'm definitely not commenting on that btw. Just that people wrongly mis-label pixel art all the time.

and now back to your regularly scheduled program...

For the record: I really LOVE good pixel art

I also love the games that your company put out. This all works to make my day 1 buy all the more appropriate, for me

V_Ben

Banned
In case people want to know more about what the deal entails;

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/03/07/capy-games-wins-xbla-award-and-guaranteed-ms-publishing-deal-f/

No, wait, it says here they get a guaranteed first-party publishing deal via Microsoft's Live service, including Xbox Live Arcade, Windows Phone and Windows ... Computer. In this case, the game headed to XBLA is Super T.I.M.E. Force!

The award comes with a few other bonuses too: Microsoft will provide funding to complete the game if necessary, and augment its development with several first-party support services, including usability, testing, and a guy who never looks up from his Blackberry.

Basically, they're guaranteed an XBLA slot, WP7 slot and GFWL slot? Pretty good! Also, the funding isn't a necessity, so really the prize is to be treated like a first party MS dev, complete with all the internal facilities, which is pretty cool. So, everybody gets a better game out of this! Yay! :)

XBLA Exclusive? Damn...

Oh and why are a few people happy about the exclusivity? It's 2012!

Temporary exclusivity isn't a bad thing. Besides, there are going to be exclusives galore next-gen, too. More than this one, I think, just because there will be so many games from so many small devs to choose from and a greater need to stand apart from the competing platforms when they are all becoming so much more similar otherwise.

Love the game's look and hope for the funny tone in the PR to represent itself in the game.

Top Bottom