• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super TIME Force Ultra |OT| Super Friends on Super Adventures [PC out now]

Any differences between the versions?

Nothing massive. Both versions run smooth and look great.

One Xbox One we have a GameDVR feature to easily record/share your totally bonkers level replays. We looooovvvve this at the studio.

Wow! They added a lot more characters than the last time I looked. Sweet! :D

Yep. The OP does a great job of highlighting the characters we've show already (even for just a second). There's 16 in total. Most of you will not see them all ;)

Will try to go back to page 2 and answer more questions throughout the day...

You know, I'd like something similar to Dashin' Desperados gameplay, except each screen is a closely-knit parallel universe. So each player could do their own slow-mo deaths and rewinds and such, by ocassionally time-slip characters / enemies would slip into the other players world, providing helpful effects. Could even introduce a new player character or two who'se purpose are to specifically manipulate this unique gameplay.
  • Split-screen for Offline 2p Co-Op.
  • Each person gets their own screen in Online play.
If they pulled something like that on XB1, I'd be even more hype for this game than I already am! :)
Yeah, each player getting their own instance of the game world would be interesting and maybe even relatively easy to implement on X1 since STF does work on X360 and X1 has more than enough oomph to do it, I would think. Man, I loved DD back then on the Genny, even if I kinda liked Spinmasters a little more with the same characters...always seemed to be an obvious precursor to Halfbrick's Raskulls if it had married Mr. Driller. I was thinking that if a player hits a game over that their replay game data could be shared with a friend and that friend could jump in to save the day, asynchronously, by inserting themselves into the last moments before failure and then trade that back to the other...or something like that, anyway.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Nothing massive. Both versions run smooth and look great.

One Xbox One we have a GameDVR feature to easily record/share your totally bonkers level replays. We looooovvvve this at the studio.

Good to hear! It's nice when games are smart about using the GDVR. Feels so much better than clips that awkwardly start in the MIDDLE of what you're doing, rather than catching the whole thing. As an example, I loved how DR3 was smart enough to record your entire trial run on challenges, rather than just the last few seconds.

Yeah, each player getting their own instance of the game world would be interesting and maybe even relatively easy to implement on X1 since STF does work on X360 and X1 has more than enough oomph to do it, I would think. Man, I loved DD back then on the Genny, even if I kinda liked Spinmasters a little more with the same characters...always seemed to be an obvious precursor to Halfbrick's Raskulls if it had married Mr. Driller. I was thinking that if a player hits a game over that their replay game data could be shared with a friend and that friend could jump in to save the day, asynchronously, by inserting themselves into the last moments before failure and then trade that back to the other...or something like that, anyway.

So many XB1 games have received substantial updates after release, I really hope something like this comes to STF! Cromulent_Word, we'll be looking for this DLC in a few months! ;-)

I actually never knew, or had completely forgot about Spinmasters until I saw it pop up on the Wii VC. Agreed with the Raskulls comparisons and DNA ideals. I loved being able to randomly stumble on games like DD back during my 8/16 bit game rental days. The amount of "Nooo, get back here!" moments in that game...

The Asynchronous idea would be pretty cool, too. Kind of like jumping into leaderboard data in order to challenge a high score within the instance that created it. There really is a bunch that could be with the time-born concepts this game presents...

Azlan

Thanks Vert. Any idea what the difference between a Glorb and a Shard is? Is one a challenge and one a collectable or some such?

Azlan

It does, but the game is supposed to be pretty difficult even without trying to do crazy challenges. Heres hopin'.

Tekku

Grabbin' Lungren, cuz we share the same last name. :)

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot

see5harp

Dn that music is awesome. Sorta crazy how much detail is packed into all of the clips this far. Buying this for sure now that I've heard some of the music.

Glorb's are the 1-Up's and I think the Shards are the slow-mo pickup.

Seems like an easy list.

Just gonna throw this out there: Getting 100% Glorbs & Shards ain't a cakewalk. Nor is STF RANK'ing even a single level... That said, we set out to make some fun achievements. The rest of the game is hard enough :)

Vert boil

Capy just released a new trailer. music is so good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Eps9hRmahU&feature=youtu.be

Nice.
The naked archers falling. heh

The XBLA achievements popped up over night as well, they are the same as the Xbox One ones.
http://www.trueachievements.com/Super-TIME-Force/achievements.htm

And there's one of those Xbox One Challenges,
http://www.trueachievements.com/Super-TIME-Force-Xbox-One/challenges.htm

Irrelevant issue and it will probably fix itself but all of the tracking sites are pickup up the XBLA (not Xbox One) achievement icon with the old Lou Don Jim design.

Nice.
The naked archers falling. heh

The XBLA achievements popped up over night as well, they are the same as the Xbox One ones.
http://www.trueachievements.com/Super-TIME-Force/achievements.htm

And there's one of those Xbox One Challenges,
http://www.trueachievements.com/Super-TIME-Force-Xbox-One/challenges.htm

Irrelevant issue and it will probably fix itself but all of the tracking sites are pickup up the XBLA (not Xbox One) achievement icon with the old Lou Don Jim design.
I never have tried to get a global challenge, but I will have some sleepless nights for this one.
Quick note: all the footage in the trailer is captured. It's not like, edited slow-mo. That's in-game slow-mo.

There's more 6955 tracks from the game here: http://6955.bandcamp.com/
Hey, I am in for a physical release of the OST. It sounds awesome so far!

I have this game pinned to my homescreen...but I can't buy it yet.

Why can't time go a little faster? I really want to play this already.

I was actually pretty bad when I played this game at PAX East. It's crazy fun and interesting, I just was dying...a lot; which I guess is the point though :p. I just had a hard time of getting strategies down with each character to tackle the level.

I've always wondered, where can I read your reviews?

Site is in my profile, don't want to post here for fear of self promotion :p.
Nutjitsu should be up later today :)

Anyone know when reviews drop?

Have they announced the 'cool' Xbox One exclusive feature yet?

Reviews hit tomorrow.

We've used GameDVR to let players easily record/share level replays. So while, yes, all games can use GameDVR, not all games have recordable level replays that look as utterly insane as SF.

Top Bottom