• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SUPERMAN VS BATMAN delayed until May 6th, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Via Variety

Warner Bros. has pushed production on the untitled “Batman-Superman” to the second quarter of this year and it will now be released on May 6, 2016.

The Peter Pan origin story “Pan” is being put in its place on July 17, 2015.

The film is still in pre-production with Henry Cavill set to star alongside Affleck, and Zack Snyder is on to helm.

The film will also reunite “Man of Steel” stars Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane, and also stars Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman/Diana Prince.

The screenplay will be written by David S. Goyer, from a story co-created by Goyer and Snyder. Charles Roven and Deborah Snyder are producing, with Benjamin Melniker, Michael E. Uslan and Wesley Coller serving as executive producers.

This is for the best, it had disaster written over it for 2015.

Ripclawe

Banned
Good, The thing was a train wreck in the making and maybe we get news that Affleck and Gal have left the project.

I bet this is to do with back to back movies batman vs superman in 2016 and justice league in 2017. They are probably going to shoot both back to back

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
._.

All I wanted was a damn proper Man of Steel sequel which was thrown out and now this news.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Delaying it isn't going to solve any of this movie's problems as long as this statement continues to hold true:

The screenplay will be written by David S. Goyer, from a story co-created by Goyer and Snyder.

BLACKLAC

Lot of problems I guess, no surprise. They royally fuck this up they are done in the comic movie business(apart from more batman & superman).

Dai101

Banned
shaq-o.gif

MAHVEL BAYBEE!!

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Nolan to direct , bale to come back.

Game over

dont you wish

While it would certainly result in a better BvS movie, I'm ready to see more original Nolan projects now. He's done his time in the DC Universe, and you only have so much time in a directorial career to make so many movies. I'd rather see his own ideas rather than his take on a license from here on out.

BLACKLAC

I wonder is part of the problem that they needed more time for the actress playing WonderWoman to put on bulk?

This is for the best. But screw their reasoning. Pan? Whogivesashit.

That reasoning is bullshit. They don't want to compete with Marvel. Bad sign.

Yup, figured as much.

It's going to be interesting to see who blinks. Guess it depends on what franchise Marvel has planned for that date.

If affleck looks good as batman in teaser and trailer, then marvel will move. Batman vs superman is a comic book fan fantasy no way even marvel would put even avengers against it nomatter how it would end up in the end

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Hahahahaha let me catch my breath DC.

God I am so done with this company as a whole.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
If affleck looks good as batman in teaser and trailer, then marvel will move. Batman vs superman is a comic book fan fantasy no way even marvel would put even avengers against it nomatter how it would end up in the end

I wouldn't bet on that. Marvel definitely has the momentum at this point, and it remains to be seen what mainstream audiences' reaction to Affleck as Batman will be. That is going to be a very interesting first trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom