• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sword Art Online II |OT| Two Years Worth of Anticipation

Status
Not open for further replies.

TalonJH

I saw the new artwork on Crunchyroll and got super excited. Then I watched the 3 Previews and while cool should probably be given a new name. The new focus seems to be on gun combat.

Still excited to see where it goes. Super Hyped!

No, you wont get the full Sao experience, Start at the beginning so you can witness the greatness of Sao.

Agreed

ugh, the last arc of mahouka has been such a drag because they've basically made the entire main cast jesus. it's like, they can't even lose anymore.

plot armor and convenient strength inconsistencies are lazy ways to write, but it's at least more believable than a cast with virtually no shortcomings.

i just like consistency. it might not make it interesting, but i rather take that over something random.

but thats just me.

and no i don't really think mahouka is good, but the world building is fun, everything else is just weird, like it was written by a robot trying to understand human emotions.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
What do you mean? their swordart online usa site says it will be streaming on hulu as well as the press release for it. Will be the same time it goes up on crunchyroll. Site | http://www.hulu.com/sword-art-online-2 | U.S. only
Well that just gives me a 404 error likely because it is US only. Crunchy at least gave me a date and time and is available to more people. But I'll add it to the OP.

Also the SAO USA site is rubbish and still hasn't updated with even the most basic info about Phantom Bullet.

24 hours to go. Can't wait!

t1404581400z4.png

I'm counting the seconds by.

tensuke

SAO is pretty rife with problems but Log Horizon has got to be one of the most overrated and underwhelming animes I've seen, mostly based on the high expectations from everyone who says it's so much better than SAO. They're really not as different as you're lead to believe.

Anyway, excited for this to start and the Vita game to finally come out in the US.

I won't be able to tune into the first episode with the rest of GAF on the count of being in the Philippines, will be able to hatewatch with you all though when I get back!

Inb4 Shinon is Asuna#2

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
The OP makes me want to watch the show. This is Shit Mountain tier goodness.

Acrylic7

The show had potential then it just went piss poor. The concept is down right genius; I dont know if this show has a manga from which it was made but holy shit the anime is bad.

Adrian

Banned
Interesting how they release costume images before the show, cosplayers getting official source images to already get into the costume making, SAO was one of the most cosplayed series with Shingeki no kyojin previously. It's a smart move, it's free marketing.

:jnc at the Suguha picture.

I suppose I should watch the the movie/special before this airs later.

Don't bother, its just a 90 min recap of the first season to remind you how terrible it was. The last 30 mins are new content so if you do intend on watching it, just skip to there.

daveo42

Banned
Nice to see that the smartest anime in years is finally back to grace us with its relatable characters, deep plot and profound statements about the world in which we live. Truly a spectacle for the ages.

If I was using my main computer, I probably would have watched the return this afternoon. Don't wanna watch on the computer I'm using now

Chariot

dbaa5cb92a4b54e2cdbb899f54c69a481404500812_full.jpg

Ya know, what scares me about this picture... is I honestly can't tell if this is supposed to be a male or female character.
The funny thing is that this actually make sense.
What scares me is that this hair reminds me from the front of Inaba-chan. Why SAO? WHY MUST YOU DESTROY EVERYTHINGS THATS GOOD AND PURE?!

thetechkid

Nice to see that the smartest anime in years is finally back to grace us with its relatable characters, deep plot and profound statements about the world in which we live. Truly a spectacle for the ages.

I was almost tricked into thinking this was real. Also I'm still confused as to how this show got a squeal.

Wiseblade

Such an amazing OP, SAO deserved nothing less. I can't decide whether I want to preserve my sanity or watch a second trainwreck.

SephiZack

So I live in Italy. If I get the 14 days trial on Crunchyroll, will I be able to see the first episode in 9 hours? Or is there a limit for people outside of US?

TUSR

Banned
I read it and there isn't written if "Europe have to wait 1 month (except UK)" means that there aren't other subs other than English for a month or if they see I'm not from UK and they block me

Europe (minus the UK and Ireland) have to wait a month.

Is Italy in Europe?

If you can read English just use a VPN. Check your PMs in a sec.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom