• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Berseria launches on January 24

Skulldead

Any place i can pre-order for canada other then Namco Shop ?

edit 41$ for shipping on namco store. BOUAHAHAHA.... this is ridiculous..

chrono01

Any place i can pre-order for canada other then Namco Shop ?

edit 41$ for shipping on namco store. BOUAHAHAHA.... this is ridiculous..
I'm hoping that Amazon.ca or EBGames.ca offers it eventually. There's no way I'm going to import from the US, especially at how our dollar stands.

Bladenic

I haven't been paying attention to the impressions, I just went by a few of the videos I've seen and looks similar enough to the Xillias and Zesty. What's better?

You can check the import thread for detailed, but across the board most agree:

-Pretty good story, all things considered. Doesn't overstay welcome like many Tales games are prone to.
-Great cast. Many calling it among series best.
-60 FPS (after Zestiria's 30 lock).
-Better equipment system than Zestiria.
-Good/great battle system.
-Overall nice visuals and the fields are improving (even though they are still mostly a weak point).
-Music is pretty divisive, some say it's alright, others say it's weak (about on par for the series).

These are just things off the top of my head from the import thread, and very concise too. Japan also got a demo and I can see them releasing it for the West too, so you can always try that out later on.

zeromcd73

-Pretty good story, all things considered. Doesn't overstay welcome like many Tales games are prone to.
-Overall nice visuals and the fields are improving (even though they are still mostly a weak point).
-Music is pretty divisive, some say it's alright, others say it's weak (about on par for the series).

These are just things off the top of my head from the import thread, and very concise too. Japan also got a demo and I can see them releasing it for the West too, so you can always try that out later on.
Music was weak as. Velvet's theme and the op song by Flow are great, but all the other songs were super forgettable.

But yeah, my favourite Tales of game ever. Such a good cast of characters and story.

LuuKyK

Whyyyyyyyyyyy?? Fuck me.

I hope this gets delayed, or other games do because otherwise I will not be playing everything I want to...

StereoVsn

Whyyyyyyyyyyy?? Fuck me.

I hope this gets delayed, or other games do because otherwise I will not be playing everything I want to...
Just wait till March or April, problem solved. It's likely to be cheaper as well and at least get couple of patches, especially on PC. That's my plan at least and will get this after P5. Well, technically after I am done with Yakuza, P5 and GR2. Although Nier is getting released in the spring as well....

SeanTSC

Boo, missed getting an Amazon pre-order in for the CE and I really don't want to do Gamestop, since cash is short right now and those 20% discounts really help on CEs.

Sucks missing it, since I have the Xillia 1/2, Symphonia Collection, and Zesteria CEs.

Boo, missed getting an Amazon pre-order in for the CE and I really don't want to do Gamestop, since cash is short right now and those 20% discounts really help on CEs.

Sucks missing it, since I have the Xillia 1/2, Symphonia Collection, and Zesteria CEs.

Yeah, I missed Amazon's also. Went ahead and got it from Gamestop begrudgingly.

Better than from a scalper though.
Gamestop is arguably a scalper.

Thanks. I'll read through the thread a bit later if I feel like it. One of my biggest concerns was the fields and they still sound bad, so I'll probably still pass considering Gravity Rush 2, Kingdom Hearts 2.8, and Resident Evil VII all come out the same week.

RPGCrazied

Sorry, KH 2.8 is that month, then Persona 5, then South Park. You'll have to wait. Not spending $130 on CE's anymore Namco. Get that price down.

EDIT: $150???? NO! Why do they keep increasing it?

theofficefan99

Only reason I'm not getting it in January or ANYWHERE NEAR that date:

1. I'm broke.
2. Final Fantasy XV will most likely keep me busy for at least 5 months
3. I have to:

-replay Tales of Symphonia
-replay Tales of Legendia
-maybe replay Abyss
-play Graces F
-play Xillia
-play Xillia 2
-play Zestiria

ya.

But I want this game really badly. I hope it does well!

There is no way I can finish this game before Nioh comes out =_=

And there's no way I can finish THAT game before Persona 5 comes out =_=#

SephLuis

Only reason I'm not getting it in January or ANYWHERE NEAR that date:

1. I'm broke.
2. Final Fantasy XV will most likely keep me busy for at least 5 months
3. I have to:

-replay Tales of Symphonia
-replay Tales of Legendia
-maybe replay Abyss
-play Graces F
-play Xillia
-play Xillia 2
-play Zestiria

ya.

But I want this game really badly. I hope it does well!
Regarding your bullet points:

1. Me too. Probably everyone else too since Q1 is crowded
2. I guess I will finish FF XV before january. I hope.
3. Buy it with us and add play Berseria to the list. What's one extra Tales in the backlog =)

bigjig

You guys realize you don't HAVE to buy every game day one, right? It's not like it's available for a limited time only lol. I'm sure the inevitable summer drought will give you plenty of time to catch up on whatever you missed out on.

Ubernube

You guys realize you don't HAVE to buy every game day one, right? It's not like it's available for a limited time only lol. I'm sure the inevitable summer drought will give you plenty of time to catch up on whatever you missed out on.

It's less that, and more that people want their games they're looking forward to, to do well so that hopefully more gets made. In this case, Berseria's pretty fucking good so it deserves to do well.

Mieu

$150 for the CE doesn't seeem to be worth the price tag and they are forcing people to buy it from the Bamco store. Sort of.. hehe.

I hope the game sells well!

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Scalpers are gonna love that CE.

Sylwest

For Canadians who are interested in the CE, it's now up for pre-order at amazon Canada for $199.99 ($159.99 with prime discount)

For Canadians who are interested in the CE, it's now up for pre-order at amazon Canada for $199.99 ($159.99 with prime discount)

Having spent the morning refreshing that, I'm infuriated to discover that Amazon.ca don't ship video games to Europe.

Dark_castle

When+fj+comes+back+after+an+error_da4aba_5332911.gif

Link1110

Almost at the end... it's really fun. A bit too much talking at times, but fun gameplay and a cool story are keeping me interested. Some of these story arcs are really good

I enjoy the battle system, bit does it have to have the skill system from ff9? Make something original!

The fields are better than previous entries. Maybe cause they're seriously beautiful (and this is them being held back by having to do a ps3 version)

There music is usual quality. Namely about 5 to 10 masterpiece tracks mixed in with 100 filler tracks

With the current Tales pattern of a meh to bad game followed by a good one I hope I don't have to wait 4 good years for another really good one

zulux21

every game?
no... but keep in mind the last time people stopped buying tales games day 1 is was many years before we started regularly getting them again.

anyways I am a little bumbed that I worked during preorders and couldn't get one it.

though I really only would have been willing to preorder at amazon given the 20% off.

ideally best buy still has a small stock that comes up sometime after I get home from work today.

but even then I don't think this LE feels worth $100 let alone $150.

but it would go well with my other over priced tales LE.

How is this game compared to Zestiria? Zestiria is the first Tales game i played for about 20 hours but didn't bother to finish and I'm normally a big fan of these types if games. Tales get worse and worse. Too many convoluted subsystems that aren't necessary or required. Is this the same? Do I need to play Zestiria to know what's going on? Not that Zestiria didn't have a convoluted story either. After 20 hours I still didn't know why exactly I was going to these locations.

aitakute

How is this game compared to Zestiria? Zestiria is the first Tales game i played for about 20 hours but didn't bother to finish and I'm normally a big fan of these types if games. Tales get worse and worse. Too many convoluted subsystems that aren't necessary or required. Is this the same? Do I need to play Zestiria to know what's going on? Not that Zestiria didn't have a convoluted story either. After 20 hours I still didn't know why exactly I was going to these locations.

You would know if you read the thread. Anyway, I give Zestiria a 3 and 9 for Berseria. Also, Berseria is the best Tales in years, storywise, it's much better than Vesperia

RPGCrazied

No, seriously. Why is this CE $20 more than the last one? It comes with less stuff. The ToS CE was the best, came with the most stuff and was only $99.

straylize

Mkay, then why is it $20 more than ToZ CE? And comes with less stuff.

It's nearly the same as one of the Japanese LEs which retailed for 130, plus there being and actual literal NOVEL that is being translated and localized included with it is going to drive up the cost. It's not like it's just an art book with barebones text in it. The cost is naturally going to go up when there's more work involved with it.

I don't love it either, but I get it.

Top Bottom