• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Xillia Day 1 Edition (NA, EU), Collector's Edition (NA, EU) announced

khaaan

I hope by North America they actually mean North America. The Day one edition is what I'm going for but I'm in Canada. I remember with Ni No Kuni "North America" was defined as U.S.A and it took them a while to finally open the gates for Canada. I don't think Mexico was even acknowledged.

chrono01

So the US Collector's Edition doesn't have the DLC costumes? That's ridiculous.
US Collector's Edition? No [as of now, anyway].

However, no worries! The cheaper Limited Edition will! I know, it's kind of...backwards...

Let's wait and see, though. I really can't see Namco Bandai doing this, it just wouldn't make sense. I'm hoping that we hear a positive update soon, otherwise, I'll be cancelling my CE and pre-ordering the LE instead.

I hope by North America they actually mean North America. The Day one edition is what I'm going for but I'm in Canada. I remember with Ni No Kuni "North America" was defined as U.S.A and it took them a while to finally open the gates for Canada. I don't think Mexico was even acknowledged.
Don't worry, EBGames.ca already has it listed:

http://www.ebgames.ca/ps3/games/tales-of-xillia/315919

US Collector's Edition? No [as of now, anyway].

However, no worries! The cheaper Limited Edition will! I know, it's kind of...backwards...

Let's wait and see, though. I really can't see Namco Bandai doing this, it just wouldn't make sense. I'm hoping that we hear a positive update soon, otherwise, I'll be cancelling my CE and pre-ordering the LE instead.

I'm going to hold on to my CE pre-order for now and see how it shakes out, but if they don't add the DLC to the Collector's Edition, I'm going to downgrade to the standard release. This could potentially be a very foolish move on Namco's part, over something that costs zero money to make. Just print some more codes dammit.

RPGCrazied

Someone needs to tweet Rich and ask him. I want to know asap, cause if the CE doesn't have the costumes with it, I will be getting the normal/LE and save $40.

I've got a question. If Tales of Destiny (and its PS2 remake) is at the top of my ranking for Tales games, will I like Xillia or not? I played Graces all the way through and loved the battle system but hated the characters.

What's the general scoop on Xillia? Should I be excited? Is the music any good?

I've got a question. If Tales of Destiny (and its PS2 remake) is at the top of my ranking for Tales games, will I like Xillia or not? I played Graces all the way through and loved the battle system but hated the characters.

What's the general scoop on Xillia? Should I be excited? Is the music any good?

The music is nice and so is the presentation, story and characters.

I got used to the battle system after coming from Graces. It's a nice mix of Graces and Vesperia to put it simply.

Better or worse overall than Graces, you think?

It's definitely a weird mix and mash when comparing it with Graces.

It doesn't really come close to Graces's battle system and Xillia does feel less polished in a bunch of parts compared to Graces.

They are both good games and I'm probably more jaded against Xillia right now since New Game+ is all kinds of boring right now.

Rhapsody

Banned
Better or worse overall than Graces, you think?

It's too difficult to just say if it's better or worse overall for me. Whatever one game excelled at, the other one suffered.

IMO

ToG music < ToX music
ToG battles > Tox battles
ToG story < ToX story
ToG characters <= ToX characters
ToG content > ToX content

As for your earlier post, ToD PS2's also my favorite Tales game and I enjoyed Xillia. ToD trumps Xillia in all those categories, but Xillia doesn't do too bad in those departments either. The weakest things about Xillia tbh is a flawed battle system and its content.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Fuck you Namco. Canceling my CE. Not even gonna buy this mediocre Tales game anymore.

chrono01

Fuck you Namco. Canceling my CE. Not even gonna buy this mediocre Tales game anymore.
I'd wait on the cancellation.

It's possible the rep from Namco Bandai was misinformed, or even if they weren't, they could still change their mind on the DLC issue. It's not as though the codes are difficult to include.

Mikhal

Happy to hear about the LE. I didn't want to get the CE since I already have the Alter Milla figure. Now I don't have to hunt down an EU D1 Edition!

FSLink

Banned
Just get the LE, its only $60. Comes with everything the CE has except the figure and a slightly smaller artbook. Unless you really wanted the figure?

I really wanted the artbook, I could not care less about the figure.
Not including the DLC is really wtf. I hope they clarify it.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I haven't heard a response about anything yet. I wonder if they're just as confused as to what's going on as well. Fans need to stop overreacting as well. It's only been a day. lol.

A little bit off topic, but what is the opinion on the game? I really loved Tales of Symphonia and Vesesperia.

As this is the 5th or so PS3 exclusive I really want I can actually justify buying the system (was hoping PS4 would offer BC, but hey).

FSLink

Banned
A little bit off topic, but what is the opinion on the game? I really loved Tales of Symphonia and Vesesperia.

As this is the 5th or so PS3 exclusive I really want I can actually justify buying the system (was hoping PS4 would offer BC, but hey).

It's one of the better entries in the series. Consensus is the gameplay is weaker than Graces, but the presentation/story/soundtrack/characters are better than Graces. In comparison to Vesperia, I found that the random battles were better in Xillia but bosses were better in Vesperia.

RPGCrazied

Has Rich replied yet? :p I also want to know if the music CD is better in the LE than the CE. It says special music selection CD for CE and official music CD for LE. Sounds like to me the LE is getting a better soundtrack also.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
That collectors edition seems really overpriced :(

Limited Edition version it is for me then. Now to just beat Graces in the meantime.

Kincaido

I still don't understand why the CE doesn't include everything from the day 1 edition. Do something that makes sense Namco.

RPGCrazied

I still don't understand why the CE doesn't include everything from the day 1 edition. Do something that makes sense Namco.

As I said before, it wouldn't be such a big deal if at a later time I could buy those costumes with real money. Why would they not sell them at some point? To this day you can't buy the preorder Graces F costumes, that is why I'm kinda upset.

Kincaido

As I said before, it wouldn't be such a big deal if at a later time I could buy those costumes with real money. Why would they not sell them at some point? To this day you can't buy the preorder Graces F costumes, that is why I'm kinda upset.

That's why it really irritates me. I know that they won't allow you to buy them since they don't allow you to buy the Xillia or Xillia 2 pre-order DLC off JPSN either.

has there been any clarity on the eu day one editions dlc? i see its not listed on the first page of the thread or on the main website but its listed in their press release

http://www.uk.namcobandaigames.eu/n...d-collector-s-edition-of-tales-of-xillia/3461

In addition to this Collector’s Edition, an exclusive Day One Edition of Tales of Xillia will be available to purchase from selected retailers for the price of the standard retail version. This Limited Edition will include an art book and the Original Soundtrack. Fans who pre-order this Day One Edition will receive in addition to all these extra items, exclusive costumes for Jude and Milla and a special PS3 custom theme.

MicH

has there been any clarity on the eu day one editions dlc? i see its not listed on the first page of the thread or on the main website but its listed in their press release

http://www.uk.namcobandaigames.eu/n...d-collector-s-edition-of-tales-of-xillia/3461

In addition to this Collector’s Edition, an exclusive Day One Edition of Tales of Xillia will be available to purchase from selected retailers for the price of the standard retail version. This Limited Edition will include an art book and the Original Soundtrack. Fans who pre-order this Day One Edition will receive in addition to all these extra items, exclusive costumes for Jude and Milla and a special PS3 custom theme.
Yesss! And "Original Soundtrack"? Does this mean what I think it does? Probably not :( Definitely made me happy that I'm gonna get the Day 1 edition

RPGCrazied

I'm just going to guess cause of the weekend we aren't hearing anything yet. But I don't want to cancel if they somehow come back and say they are adding the dlc to the NA CE. I'll keep my CE order if they do, but if its an exclusive thing to the LE, I really can't see myself keeping the CE order.

ok
i contacted amazon to check on the limited edition upgrade from the regular edition:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B67ZTUW/?tag=neogaf0e-20

they replied:
I can see that the "Tales of Xillia" video game you ordered is not the limited edition. I did some research and found a separate listing for the limited edition "Tales of Xillia" video game. Please follow this link below:

www.amazon.com/gp/dp/B00CEJ28JQ/

Although "Tales of Xillia (Collector's Edition)" isn't currently available on our website, we'll be happy to let you know when we start accepting orders for it.

so until now, amazon has only the regular edition, no news on any upgrades
the CE is finished as we all know

the funny thing, the main picture of the regular version is for the limited edition ..

so the only ways to have LE are:

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/tales-of-xillia-limited-edition/107704

http://store.namcobandaigames.com/s...81925500/Tales-of-Xillia-Limited-Edition.html

honestly , the CE edition for EU, is the perfect one, it has everything but it's very expensive

Seda

ok
i contacted amazon to check on the limited edition upgrade from the regular edition:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B67ZTUW/?tag=neogaf0e-20

they replied:

I can see that the "Tales of Xillia" video game you ordered is not the limited edition. I did some research and found a separate listing for the limited edition "Tales of Xillia" video game. Please follow this link below:

www.amazon.com/gp/dp/B00CEJ28JQ/

Although "Tales of Xillia (Collector's Edition)" isn't currently available on our website, we'll be happy to let you know when we start accepting orders for it.

so until now, amazon has only the regular edition, no news on any upgrades
the CE is finished as we all know

the funny thing, the main picture of the regular version is for the limited edition ..

so the only ways to have LE are:

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/tales-of-xillia-limited-edition/107704

http://store.namcobandaigames.com/s...81925500/Tales-of-Xillia-Limited-Edition.html

honestly , the CE edition for EU, is the perfect one, it has everything but it's very expensive

Sounds like the Amazon rep is mistaken and confused. They think the Collector's Edition is the Limited Edition, which is a mistake of course. Any first print should be the Limited Edition. I wouldn't worry about it.

Eusis

Customer Service was probably just confused by the CE listing: the image on the page shows the cover saying "Limited Edition" and this sounds like one of those that encompasses the whole first run much like Atlus's LEs, in other words something you WILL get so long as you pre-ordered or sought out a store carrying out day 1.

EDIT: Beaten, but the fact more than one of us came to that conclusion should say plenty.

Bury

Neo Member
I've been out of the loop for a while but does Milla and Jude voices still suck? I was thinking of double dipping to support more titles in the west but damn I was completely turned off of how the two main characters who I'm going to spend the majority of the game with have terrible voices. I usually prefer japanese voices compared to dubs but I do know a good dub when I hear one and this is just terrible.. so, have they gotten any better from those inital trailers I've watched or should I just skip this one out?

Seda

I've been out of the loop for a while but does Milla and Jude voices still suck? I was thinking of double dipping to support more titles in the west but damn I was completely turned off of how the two main characters who I'm going to spend the majority of the game with have terrible voices. I usually prefer japanese voices compared to dubs but I do know a good dub when I hear one and this is just terrible.. so, have they gotten any better from those inital trailers I've watched or should I just skip this one out?

We haven't seen much of anything since that first trailer, other than some sub-minute gameplay clips here and there showcasing the other characters.

Top Bottom