• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Xillia Day 1 Edition (NA, EU), Collector's Edition (NA, EU) announced

khaaan

I've been out of the loop for a while but does Milla and Jude voices still suck? I was thinking of double dipping to support more titles in the west but damn I was completely turned off of how the two main characters who I'm going to spend the majority of the game with have terrible voices. I usually prefer japanese voices compared to dubs but I do know a good dub when I hear one and this is just terrible.. so, have they gotten any better from those inital trailers I've watched or should I just skip this one out?

I think this is the only piece with lots of VA that we have.

Nothing sounds super horrible to me, especially with the given script.

RPGCrazied

Yeah I still have my ce on preorder but I don't want to have to pick up and sell the le edition as well just for dlc costumes :/

Since I really don't care for the figure, having exclusive costumes that won't be sold at all, is more important to me. So if the CE doesn't get them, LE here I come.

It just seems odd any le is just a first run with codes in the box you'd think every copy of the ce would also be the first print?

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
They should just make every first print copy have the code like they did for the Japanese release. Assholes.

You'd think so. PR speak has 'confirmed' otherwise but that doesn't mean the PR can't be mistaken.

If Tales wasn't a top 5 franchise for me I'd say "f this" but as I'm a stupidly huge fan I'll buy both editions get everything I want and sell or gift it to someone else. Good thing I'm getting another pay raise in 2 weeks :X

Fans can currently pre-order the recently announced TALES OF XILLIA Collector’s Edition for a MSRP of $99.99 or day-one Limited Edition for a MSRP of $59.99. The TALES OF XILLIA Collector’s Edition comes with a DLC voucher that includes the Classic TALES OF Costume Pack which was announced with the TALES OF XILLIA Limited Edition package. The TALES OF XILLIA music CD will also be shared across both the TALES OF XILLIA Collector’s and Limited Editions. A limited edition Milla Maxwell statue and TALES OF XILLIA art book are exclusive to the TALES OF XILLIA Collector’s Edition. The TALES OF XILLIA Limited Edition is limited to all first-run copies of the game and comes with an exclusive character profile booklet.

From the latest press release for a new trailer (think it's the Gamespot one).

Ok, guess I gotta cancel my Amazon Limited Edition order and good thing I didn't cancel my Collector's Edition yet, I think.

Looks like the music CD is the same as well despite the silly naming they used for it.

OnFire331

If I order the normal edition of Tales of Xillia from Amazon, is it safe to assume that it's the Limited Edition? There's no information on the Amazon product description.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Is it safe to assume that those Xillia C.E.s just appeared because people canceled their pre-orders based on the bumping up of the regular edition first-print?

Sagitario

I have pre-ordered 3 CE (from different retailers) and 1 LE D:

I will cancel one CE, though.

I always get multiple copies of Tales games cause I always gift a few to friends :)

jimi_dini

In addition to this Collector’s Edition, an exclusive Day One Edition of Tales of Xillia will be available to purchase from selected retailers for the price of the standard retail version.

What the hell?

I preordered at thehut.com. Is there any list for those "selected" retailers? I want to make sure that I get the Day-1 LE.

EDIT shopto says "day-1". But they are asking for 46pounds omg ... amazon-uk and game-uk have Xillia too, but they don't say that it's going to be day-1 LE.

and my thehut order was changed to "Tales Of Xillia D1 edition", so I guess that's Day-1. And they specify the artbook and the soundtrack. So it seems will get it for 31pounds yay

RPGCrazied

Poor RPGCrazied ):

But good news!

Lol, no worries. It figures, but they lost a CE sell. They should have came up and said this in the first place when they first announced the LE. Its all good though, I can use that money I'm saving for another upcoming game. There is quite a few coming out this year I want day 1.

Aretak

Just got this email regarding my European CE from the Tales store...

Your Tales of Xillia: Milla Maxwell Collector's Edition is now available!

We shall proceed to the shipping and debit of your order according to the information that you have provided us.

Please note that this purchase is managed by PEPITA UC Technology SAS, the trusted and authorised reseller of this special offer for Namco Bandai Games Europe SAS. Your order will appear as PEPITA UC TECHNOLOGY SAS on your bank statement.

Important note: please verify the personal information we will use for the dispatch of your product. Important information such as your phone number and access code (if necessary) must be filled in.

Please click here to access your invoice.
I assume they're just charging for them a few weeks in advance in preparation rather than actually sending them out, but it'd certainly be nice to get it early.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I really wish I'd known when they opened up these orders on Amazon. :( My order is through GameStop. Dat shipping cost.

Seda

Just got this email regarding my European CE from the Tales store...

I assume they're just charging for them a few weeks in advance in preparation rather than actually sending them out, but it'd certainly be nice to get it early.

Copying Stuart444's post from the community thread:

They are charging now so they can start preparing the packages for the release. They aren't coming early And it wasn't actually said that the site would charge upon shipping, I think people think that because they're used to more famous sites like Amazon who indeed do that. In any case, don't panic! This will be put up on the site, but you have until the 25th to cancel still if you want to. Please don't though!

Direct from Isshak, the EU community manager

Videoneon

For any of you who have your preorders placed at Gamestop and if you've seen promo posters for this game in-store, consider asking them if you can have their promo posters for the game once they're done. I got a Graces one, luckily!

They may tell you "come in at a later date but we can't take your name" but when I got the Graces one that's what they did. The Graces situation was unexpected but shows its possible. If I'm lucky I'll end up with a Xillia poster.

Tweet from NamcoBandaiUK

Namco Bandai UK ‏@NamcoBandaiUK 25m

Due to high demand, you can now pre-order #TalesOf Xillia Collector's Edition from other stores!

So far it only seems to be available at Shoppe Two (but that site won't load atm).

jimi_dini

Tweet from NamcoBandaiUK

Translation: oh fuck, not enough people ordered via our website. We need to sell those thousands and thousands of CEs somehow.

btw. I found some new photos of the CE including day 1. Still no photos of the artbook :/

http://collectorsedition.org/game-db/tales-of-xillia-collectors-edition-ps3-1

C5sS3D7.jpg

It's standing there. Why can't someone take a simple photo of the artbook, so that we finally know the size. And maybe - just maybe peek in and tell us, if it's new artwork or the same artwork as already published in the Japanese one. btw. great - stupid USK stickers on the European CE box.

It seems the artbook will be PS3 case size. At most a bit larger than that. Which means it will be tiny in size. Maybe same size as the day 1 edition artbook, but more pages. It seems I will pass.

Translation: oh fuck, not enough people ordered via our website. We need to sell those thousands and thousands of CEs somehow.

Probably.

btw. I found some new photos of the CE. Still no photos of the artbook :/

http://collectorsedition.org/game-db/tales-of-xillia-collectors-edition-ps3-1

I believe the statue is sold separately for $65, so everything else in that edition is likely going to be made on a budget. The "Special music selection" will likely be a disc with wav files again. And the artbook will likely be one of around the size of the one in the Dark Souls: Prepare to Die edition.

Top Bottom