• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ted Cruz will debate Bernie Sanders on Obamacare next Tuesday on CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, let's learn some goddamn lessons and be ready for war in 2018 and 2020 so we can repair all this damage.

We can get ready for future elections without hashing out tired Hillary vs Bernie arguments. There are lessons to take from 2016, but I don't think they're being figured out in the arguments people are having in this thread. I can go back a year and find the exact same arguments being made practically word for word. I wouldn't expect the outcome of this argument to be any different than last time.

legacyzero

Banned
If Hillary was out there speaking publicly you'd be yelling at the top of your lungs that she blew the election, is responsible for the worst loss in presidential history and that she should go back to the rock she was hiding under. Fucking please.
Not at all... I did my part and voted. And even if that were true, I'd be in the minority on that one. She's getting standing ovations at stage shows. I don't think she should be afraid to be apart of the demonstrations. But yeah, she certainly had some big lessons to learn about running a campaign.

y2dvd

He helped write the ACA, but the "step further" he was looking to take was single payer healthcare, which is what Canada and the UK have. In other words, he wanted to replace the system which mandates people to buy private insurance with socialized healthcare... which isn't a bad idea considering it is considerably cheaper and has always maintained a private option, but it's a completely different system from the ACA. One is private, the other is public
That I understand, but again that's not the same of being against the ACA, but wanting to improve it.

He doesn't.

Just a few posters here who don't know that making better is different than hating on the ACA.
It's odd how disingenuous the attacks on Bernie always are on gaf.

legacyzero

Banned
But Bernie supported the ACA, people....

He doesn't prefer it to Universal Healthcare, but he supporter ANY step further.
That I understand, but again that's not the same of being against the ACA, but wanting to improve it.

A poster in a thread a while ago compared the Election to console wars, particularly after the Xbox One reveal. I had a hearty laugh for sure lol. It's pretty on point.

Not at all... I did my part and voted. And even if that were true, I'd be in the minority on that one. She's getting standing ovations at stage shows. I don't think she should be afraid to be apart of the demonstrations. But yeah, she certainly had some big lessons to learn about running a campaign.

Well she certainly learned them and is doing what people do when they lose a national election: they keep a low profile. As for this debate, this is just a opportunity for Cruz to climb on his soapbox to rehabilitate his national profile after the bruising during the primary. I doubt Bernie's debate acumen will be up to Cruz's slimy deflecting and proselytizing and I sincerely doubt this townhall will serve any point in advancing the national dialogue in this country. Another CNN political circus sideshow.

I do think it's important to note that a lot of odd right-wing attacks from well known Democrats against left-wing proposals become somewhat of a common trend in the primaries. I waver between wondering if people ever really literally believed this stuff ("Sanders wants to dismantle Obamacare, wait for a bunch of people to die, and then maybe try to pass single-payer healthcare to feed his ego and purity tests, so terrible!") or if it was just a temporary tactic to support their preferred candidate who had much more status-quo and/or conservative views on most issues in comparison (with the exception of maybe gun rights).

Sanders' ACA vote was one of the reasons why I always found the "purity test, never wants to compromise!" thing strange. There was always little evidence of it (the man still condones drone strikes!), but it made for a good attack line I guess since so many people still use it to this day (which leads to the "doesn't Bernie hate the ACA?" post that started all this). Oh, and I wonder if people ever realized the "Clinton/Sanders voted 93% the same!" talking point directly contradicts the "Sanders never wants to compromise" talking point...

royalan

ThatsBait.gif

And it's also a straw man. If you blatantly ignore Bernies long history for fighting for civil rights, ESPECIALLY Black civil rights (Which was highlighted REGULARLY and ignored apparently), while Hillary has a questionable history with her comments, "Goldwater girl!", Super predators coming to heel, crime bill, and utter disrespect to BLM, like the poster above highlighted. You might try and call somebody racist for suggesting Bernie is the better candidate for civil rights support. But who's the ACTUAL ignorant one?

This post makes no sense, and has nothing to do with a single word I wrote.

This has nothing to do with Bernie's "long" civil rights record. It's about majority support, who got it, and why. I mean, it's that simple.

legacyzero

Banned
This post makes no sense, and has nothing to do with a single word I wrote.

This has nothing to do with Bernie's "long" civil rights record. It's about majority support, who got it, and why. I mean, it's that simple.
Yet, you didn't even address what I actually posted. You know what my response was to.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions

It's odd how Bernie-stans have a persecution complex on this forum.

(see how productive this line of posting is?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom