• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 7 leaked, uses Unreal Engine 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does UE7 run on Wii U?

UE7 doesn't currently run on any console or PC on the market.

Daylight runs on PS4 and PC. The game was released a few months ago.

Time traveler and please also notice the numberical keyboard layout
KuGsj.gif

Lmao this thread already delivers...

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
UE4? ugh... whenever a game uses "middleware" I expect mediocrity

I love Tekken but I won't get excited until I find out FOR SURE my girl Nina Williams is in it. No Nina = no buy.

6957_kopie_von_nina_williams.jpg

-MB-

Please be crossgen, no need to listen to a few people who happily want to deprive millions of PS360 owners of new content for their own selfish needs.

I love Tekken but I won't get excited until I find out FOR SURE my girl Nina Williams is in it. No Nina = no buy.

She's like one of four characters to have been in every Tekken game.

Nina
Paul
Heihachi
Yoshimitsu

I know Law too but Tekken 3 was Forrest, so doesn't count technically.

Wonder what's wrong with their current engine? They used the thing for 3 Tekken games. Why not port it to PS4/XB1/PC? What does this mean for the sexy motion blur?

Why UE4 exactly? Quick iteration?

On the other hand, WHAT IF THIS MEANS WE GET 120FPS TEKKEN ON PC?!?!

gogogow

?

Why wouldn´t Nina be in the game? She has never skipped a Tekken game.

Anyway, can´t wait to find out how it looks like. Graphically I was extremely underwhelmed by all fighting games last gen. DOA5 was going in the right direction with the models, but was held back by sub HD resolution and pared back stages.

Nibel

Let's not forget that they used 'middleware' for MK9 and that turned out to be the possibly best MK and one of the best beat'em'ups of the last years.

A engine is not bad by nature, it's very often what capable devs do with it.

KoopaTheCasual

Please be crossgen, no need to listen to a few people who happily want to deprive millions of PS360 owners of new content for their own selfish needs.
I don't want it to be current gen only, just because of graphics. I want cross gen to fade in Japan, so that Japanese devs can move on to easier to develop-for hardware, and also lessen the fissure that's forming between Japanese and Western devs.

I would like to see current gen only, for helping prop up the future of consoles in Japan.

joeblow

Love the series and looking forward to the release. I wonder if they will revamp the gameplay (i.e., T4) or basically expand on it (i.e. T5 & T6)?

Skyzard

Banned

gogogow

Hasn´t it been proven that crossgen games sells better on current gen console? Seems to me a lot of gamers just wants to move on from last gen, that console cylce has overstayed it´s welcome.

Nanashrew

Banned
Let's not forget that they used 'middleware' for MK9 and that turned out to be the possibly best MK and one of the best beat'em'ups of the last years.

A engine is not bad by nature, it's very often what capable devs do with it.

I worry about them having to pay royalties for UE4. I think at this time many of the fighting game divisions don't need that at this time, especially with this recent F2P games and the talks on F2P. Capcom I think is in the worst position of all.

Tripon

Btw UE4 dosnt run on 360 / PS3 so its not a crossgen title.

Yeah it does. It just gets scaled down.

The only confirmed platform is not supported is the Wii U, and developers can try to get it working on it, but Epic won't provide documentation or tools to do so.

Basketball

No way this isn't cross gen it takes time for most of the Fgc to get into new hardware.

No way this isn't cross gen it takes time for most of the Fgc to get into new hardware.

If it were cross gen then it'd make a lot more sense for it to be UE3, since that's a cross gen engine by default. UE4 isn't which means that they'd have to specifically code the games for the PS3 and 360.

Codeblue

I don't want it to be current gen only, just because of graphics. I want cross gen to fade in Japan, so that Japanese devs can move on to easier to develop-for hardware, and also lessen the fissure that's forming between Japanese and Western devs.

I would like to see current gen only, for helping prop up the future of consoles in Japan.

You're asking for Japanese devs to go broke trying to prop up someone else's system.

sörine

Banned
Doesn't UE4 require DX11 in some capacity? It can scale to the hardware but still requires a DX11 GPU, could've sworn I read that somewhere...
DX10 is the low barrier but DX11+ is recommended for the lighting model or something. Officially supported platforms are Windows, OSX, iOS, Android, Xbox One and PS4 with future support coming for Linux (SteamOS), HTML5 and Oculus VR.

Other consoles like Wii U, PS3, 360 and Vita aren't officially supported now but Epic has said licensees are free to port to them on their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom