• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 7 leaked, uses Unreal Engine 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can UE4 do 60fps without looking terrible like mk9 vita?

Yes. It's a very well optimized engine.

EDIT : If you're asking about the Vita, I don't believe UE4 supports last gen/the portables, so unless Bamco creates another version, it's current gen only.

Village

Can we still call it Tekken? Its got to the stage where it feels like Dragonball Z to me. I haven't really liked Tekken since 5 came out and i used to love this franchise to bits. I spent countless hours playing Tekken on PlayStation 1 and 2.

I'll wait for a trailer but... I feel as though is time to move on from this franchise.

You might wanna play TTT2.

Based on that tweet earlier on. If Harada is worried about no tekken base on PC how are people reacting to Rise of Incarnates ?

Jawmuncher

Seeing Unreal Engine 4 makes me think they they switched just to make PC work easier.
Though since that hasn't been noted maybe they just wanted to change things up.

Deps

For people hoping for a PC version, it's very likely.

Yesterday Harada was on a stream talking about his next game. One of the things he said was that previous Tekken games were developed on playstation hardware for Arcades then ported to console, and he briefly mentioned that their next game is being developed on PC.

Gambit61

Please have some decent anti-aliasing this time around. The last game was so unbearably jaggy.

Yeah, I'm dying for Tekken on PC just for 1080P + whatever crazy AA I can get locked 60fps with.

For people hoping for a PC version, it's very likely.

Yesterday Harada was on a stream talking about his next game. One of the things he said was that previous Tekken games were developed on playstation hardware for Arcades then ported to console, and he briefly mentioned that their next game is being developed on PC.
lol I worked so hard to get Aris to ask Harada about a PC release last night. I hope his hardcore PC statement was legit.

Tekku

I know it will probably never happen, but I wish they went back to the more realistic look. I never really liked the cartoonish change, even though I understand the reason behind it.

But man, Heihachi and some others never looked more badass than in T3 and TTT:

6220-heihachi_mishima_super.jpg

Sayah

I'm curious about them transferring to Unreal Engine. Wonder how that will work out.

I have been with the series since the first one, and I hope they'll shake it up story, character and gameplay mechanic wise.

Do like Mortal Kombat X, and only have a few of the veterans return, and evolve or create some interesting gameplay mechanics.

I want Jin, King, Marshall, Yoshimitsu, Paul and Kazuya to stay. Let the Williams sisters go. ;)
You shut your dirty mouth.

Dereck

Can we still call it Tekken? Its got to the stage where it feels like Dragonball Z to me. I haven't really liked Tekken since 5 came out and i used to love this franchise to bits. I spent countless hours playing Tekken on PlayStation 1 and 2.

I'll wait for a trailer but... I feel as though is time to move on from this franchise.
lol

jett

D-Member
Tekken Tag 2 is the best Tekken game ever, but I'm not sure how much more they can do to improve upon it other than better graphics. I'm excited to see it in action though.

If they figure out how to make characters moving around in high-level play not look like they are having a stroke, that would be major for sure.

ThaGuy

After using the wii and wii u classic controllers for TTT2, it's going to be hard to go back to the other controllers. Oh well, I can't pass on learning more throw combos with king.

I-hate-u

IIRC, someone on twitter asked Harada about TxSF before and he just responded "Why isn't SFxT selling?"

I think that game has been dead for a good while now.

SFXT didn't sell because of Capcom's mistakes, not because the idea of collaboration was bad.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Wow Namco finally upgraded their internal engine stack.

It seemed fairly lacking given what they're put out internally recently so I think this is a good move.

I wonder if they will move other things like Tales over. So far most UE4 games are rather cartoony so I think it could handle the aesthetic pretty well.

MrDaravon

My biggest surprise from all of this is that aol.com is still a thing. The hell?

In all seriousness TxSF has to be dead at this point. As a good option select I bet there's a chance there may be a few SF characters in Tekken 7 maybe?

hwateber

The tekken characters actually transitioned pretty well to the sf4 art style. The game mechanics made SFxT such a bore to watch though

synce

Doesn't MKX run on UE4? That doesn't look next gen at all, so very disappointed if that's the case

Gameplay wise, I'll be happy as long as it plays more like T5 and less like T6. Definitely keep that TR shit away from it too

Doesn't MKX run on UE4? That doesn't look next gen at all, so very disappointed if that's the case

Gameplay wise, I'll be happy as long as it plays more like T5 and less like T6. Definitely keep that TR shit away from it too

MKX is still UE3, which explains why it's cross gen.

Bergerac

I did, i loved how Jun feel into the water and became unknown. I mean it was fun but i loved the story and action in Tekken but it feels too much like Dragonball now. Seeing blood vengeance and seeing transformations into devil forms and then flying in the air and shooting laser beams and stuff... Just not into that for Tekken.

Plus i hate juggling. I like stringing together good combos. Loving the new mortal kombat.

You sound exactly like me. I wish in terms of combos they'd emphasised the 10 hit string and record-a-combo (Tekken 4) systems, instead of juggles and bounds and whatever else. In other words, rushes that paid attention to gravity.

sunnz

Yes, brian please!

Pretty excited. Tekken was one of the very few fighting games I actually played a lot as a kid.

But will the graphics beat the Sony e3 2005 renders? That is the real question.

11.jpg

rekawice-tekken-kazama-jin-6.jpeg

UE4 is an impressive engine no doubt, curious to see what it will look like. I'm hoping the UE4 is not a typo since that would mean more power to the current gen consoles as UE4 does not support 360/ps3/wii u.
Nah, confirmed to be UE3 and it's cross-gen iirc, and i agree that it barely looks next-gen which is strange considering it's a fighting game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom