• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 7 leaked, uses Unreal Engine 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mohasus

I'm really expecting this to come to PC after all those hints on twitter and Tekken Takes Tokyo (TTT2 documentary). After watching that, I can see that Harada really cares about PC.

KoopaTheCasual

You're asking for Japanese devs to go broke trying to prop up someone else's system.
It's not like Japanese devs in general don't benefit in a big way (long term) from the propping up of new hardware, but I understand that the first devs who want to push support for current gen would be biting the bullet, so to speak.

And can someone tell me if UE4 supports cross gen or not? Lots of conflicting posts in this thread.

Finally an excuse for a decent PS4 arcade stick to be put into production.

Get on it Mad Catz and/or Hori.

I think Mad Catz said the PS3 ultra street fighter stick has a switch.

Our Ultra SFIV TE2 is compatible with both PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4. It can be toggled (via slide switch) between both PS3 and PS4 modes independently. The award winning TE2 makes it’s first appearance on both PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4! - See more at: http://madcatz.com/mad-catz-brings-...eet-fighter-iv-products/#sthash.LG7Ci98t.dpuf

Nanashrew

Banned
I don't think UE4 works on 360/ps3

"By using UE4 we can put it on any platform we want" is likely a reference to Xbox One, PS4 and PC - with easy tools for making it available for Windows, Mac and even Linux / SteamOS, if they really wanted to. UE4 is a pretty sweet engine

Sounds good for PC then. I wonder if they'll cap it at 60fps or allow for up to 120fps.

BadWolf

Nice, looking forward to seeing what adjustments they make to the series. Also looking forward to brand new characters.

AAK

Well there's definitely an announcement... But there is nothing we know about the game. Wake me up when they show me something I can analyze.

She's like one of four characters to have been in every Tekken game.

Nina
Paul
Heihachi
Yoshimitsu

I know Law too but Tekken 3 was Forrest, so doesn't count technically.

Yoshi wasnt in Tekken Revolution. :p Replace him with Kuma :p

Lernaean

Banned
but it allows us to easily bring Tekken 7 to any platform we desire

bkwKq.gif

My reaction as well.
Good news overall, can't wait to see some gameplay.

I'm really expecting this to come to PC after all those hints on twitter and Tekken Takes Tokyo (TTT2 documentary). After watching that, I can see that Harada really cares about PC.

Harada also said this in relation to a PC tekken

Don't rush me.
Tekken is not development by PC base. It's Develop by Playstation Native. also we don't have Tekken community on PC now. RT @raiden_gaiden

I think we will get a PC version of Tekken 7 though.

Basketball

Hopefully this games follows tt2 with all the free dlc and free added characters. Plus lots more customization
Totally the opposite of the street fighter guys and capcom

Deps

Yeah GG Xrd uses UE3 and looks beyond amazing. So unless UE4 is somehow worse the game will look great.

MQX

Hm. A new Tekken game with Unreal Engine. I don't know if I must be happy or should be worried about it :/.

I mean TTT2 used the Havok Engine(which made the game really good). Why not using the Havok Engine again?

Maybe I shouldn't be thinking too much and be happy that a new Tekken game is getting announced :p.

Can someone troll Harada with a tweet about this leak? I wonder what he'll be thinking if he sees this before the Evo announcement ;P.

joeblow

One reason to root against a port to last gen consoles is to not splinter the online audience even more than it already will be with multiple platforms. Even a PC release should be skipped for that reason - PS4 and XO only.

Xav

Looks like Namco is going all out by picking Unreal Engine 4. Even games like Guilty Gear Xrd, Mortal Kombat X and Batman Arkham Knight are using Unreal Engine 3.

Sayah

This is completely amazing and I'm having a great Sunday now. The gameplay will have to be revamped because I'm doubting there's anything further that can be done beyond what TTT2 achieved.

UE4 sounds great and I was hoping it would be current Gen. But this also makes wii u support unlikely. Once again means I'll be going Sony and Nintendo for this gen.

I'm shocked by this announcement, tbh. Is this going to be arcade first? Considering Tekkens are never announced first at American events, this is a pretty big shift in Namco's approach. I was looking forward to TxSF because I really wanted to see how 2D style jumping and projectiles would be handled in a quality 3D fighting game. I hope that Harada and co take some real chances with the gameplay either way. TTT2 is the best Tekken ever by a long shot but the formula has worn thin and the sales bore that out.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Since Jun returned in Tag 2, does this mean she'll return in 7?

Just wondering, as long as Asuka returns, I'll have my akido practitioner to main.

BasilZero

Sounds good - ue4 hopefully will lead to PC version. Sad to see that T x SF is vapor ware - capcom's not even bothering to update their own ver on PC out of gfwl >.>

One reason to root against a port to last gen consoles is to not splinter the online audience even more than it already will be with multiple platforms. Even a PC release should be skipped for that reason - PS4 and XO only.

Nah they can do cross platform play have PC guys play with PS4 or X1 guys .
The new GG has PS3 and PS4 players playing together .

Pachimari

I'm curious about them transferring to Unreal Engine. Wonder how that will work out.

I have been with the series since the first one, and I hope they'll shake it up story, character and gameplay mechanic wise.

Do like Mortal Kombat X, and only have a few of the veterans return, and evolve or create some interesting gameplay mechanics.

I want Jin, King, Marshall, Yoshimitsu, Paul and Kazuya to stay. Let the Williams sisters go. ;)

Majanew

Banned
Please be crossgen, no need to listen to a few people who happily want to deprive millions of PS360 owners of new content for their own selfish needs.

New content will die soon enough, and you'll all have to buy one of the new consoles or do without. Tekken 7 being current gen only means you and those million others can have a reason to upgrade. Haven't current gen versions of games (Watch Dogs, Wolfenstein, Titanfall) been outselling the last gen versions? A lot of those ~100-160 Million PS360 owners obviously don't give a shit about buying new content versus the ~13 Million PS4XB1 owners.

Takao

Banned
Most definitely looking forward to this. Any chance of this coming to Vita or 3DS?

Given UE4 doesn't support either of those platforms, and UE3 runs like a dying dog on one of them (probably runs worse on 3DS, but MN9 will be the first), nope. Only through Remote Play.

Hm. A new Tekken game with Unreal Engine. I don't know if I must be happy or should be worried about it :/.

I mean TTT2 used the Havok Engine(which made the game really good). Why not using the Havok Engine again?

Maybe I shouldn't be thinking too much and be happy that a new Tekken game is getting announced :p.

Can someone troll Harada with a tweet about this leak? I wonder what he'll be thinking if he sees this before the Evo announcement ;P.

Havok is not a graphics engine. Havok is a physics engine.

I'm not too worried about the Unreal Engine. This makes it very likely that Tekken 7 will be on the PC, and run well.

joeblow

Nah they can do cross platform play have PC guys play with PS4 or X1 guys .
The new GG has PS3 and PS4 players playing together .

There is a chance I suppose for cross platform play between maybe PS4 and PC (unlikely IMHO because of how much easier it is to hack an online stat tracking game on PC), but unlikely MS allows it for their machine.

Zalman

Tekken Tag 2 is the best Tekken game ever, but I'm not sure how much more they can do to improve upon it other than better graphics. I'm excited to see it in action though.

LowParry

Can we still call it Tekken? Its got to the stage where it feels like Dragonball Z to me. I haven't really liked Tekken since 5 came out and i used to love this franchise to bits. I spent countless hours playing Tekken on PlayStation 1 and 2.

I'll wait for a trailer but... I feel as though is time to move on from this franchise.

Have you even given TTT2 a chance cause it's a pretty damn good Tekken.

RE_Player

Most definitely looking forward to this. Any chance of this coming to Vita or 3DS?
As much as I would love Tekken on Vita there is zero chance. UE3 barely runs on Vita so UE4 is out of the question. 3DS couldn't handle it either and the last Tekken game on 3DS bombed so don't expect one on that platform anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom