• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 |OT| How I killed your mother

Jin still doesn't look as good as the PS2 demo from 9999 years ago and Kazuya as good as the cover of Tekken Tag. Those tech demos were well ahead of their times.

ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..

CGI demos that don't have to render anything else but straight graphics are of course going to look better. That's really incomparable.

No thanks that's not exactly how tekken works in the arcades since 5 introduced the player cards

I mean when arcades still mattered in NA. :p

Besides, those character selection mind games still apply in the (physical) tourneys I've seen, so why not do it in ranked also.

Goddamn it. Even with the new patch, I got matched up with a dude and it desynced in the middle of the first round. This is so irritating.

Probably someone who pulled the ethernet when they saw what character they were fighting. This needs to be punished harshly.

ZeroX03

Banned
Rank in the arcades was offline for years.

And you knew who to fight beforehand.

Yeah if I dont want to play a bears scrub I should be able to avoid that.

I know multiple bear players who'd love to thrash you at the arcade. The point of ranked is not to avoid people just because you think you're better/are secretly worse.

So I'm able to see if they are a RQ before I hit that accept match then right? That's not too bad. I'd prefer a jail system but ah well.

Yeah tbh we should have a blacklist page here so we know who rage quits.

But yeah, their names are a different shade so you can skip out on the match.

Probably someone who pulled the ethernet when they saw what character they were fighting. This needs to be punished harshly.
I doubt it, it's happened one too many times for it to be RQing. I really don't think it's something with my connection because this is the only game I play that has issues. All other online games on the PS4 run fine, especially SFV and IJ2. PC that's on the same connection (wired too) also has no issues.

I <3 Claudio.

wx5tzi3obg2z.jpg
I need to see a Zeppili custom

Marvel

could never
How do you do that attack from the ground where you fly forward with your feet or hands on wakeup guys?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
How do you do that attack from the ground where you fly forward with your feet or hands on wakeup guys?
Use this very rarely, people that know better will just punish you free or launch you back up off the ground as it lets you be juggled again if you do it and get hit before it starts

I thought accepting revenge matches would make it a best of three, just ending after two matches is dumb.
Well in the sense it makes sense, it's revenge not hey bro let's play a set. I would have preferred the best of 3 thing too lol

I swear my amateur PS4 is going to take off when playing this game.

I most notice it picking up during the final round of dragon's nest.

And I just arcade mode for the first time and it was way up during the final Akuma battle. It was funny because Akuma's going super saiyan at the end as my PS4 is screaming just before the credits. I chuckled.

CSX

b3+4

not to diss you or anything but these kind of questions being asked on this thread is just more proof that namco dropped the ball for not including a tutorial mode, something that the Tekken community has asked for years to get newcomers into the series. Tekken 7 is touted as the most accessible Tekken but at the end of the day, it's still a fighting game with advanced stuff that would really help be bundled with a tutorial mode.

b3+4

not to diss you or anything but these kind of questions being asked on this thread is just more proof that namco dropped the ball for not including a tutorial mode, something that the Tekken community has asked for years to get newcomers into the series. Tekken 7 is touted as the most accessible Tekken but at the end of the day, it's still a fighting game with advanced stuff that would really help be bundled with a tutorial mode.
Especially when much has changed, like the wake-up stuff.

Marvel

could never
Ty guys, I won't be using it much indeed but I needed to know the buttons.

b3+4

Yeah, Aris was saying this a lot. They did drop the ball on a tutorial tbh.

Also this just happened, lol.

9dv51ixh

Still lost the game in the end but that was totally worth it hahaha

I doubt it, it's happened one too many times for it to be RQing. I really don't think it's something with my connection because this is the only game I play that has issues. All other online games on the PS4 run fine, especially SFV and IJ2. PC that's on the same connection (wired too) also has no issues.

fwiw I've never had a desync in T7 in the middle of a fight, and I've played ~30 matches online.

I swear my amateur PS4 is going to take off when playing this game.

Same. I've never had my PS4's fan spin up before, but in T7 it's basically every time I play.

SkylineRKR

Are lag switches a thing?

Fought this guy with good connection, but the match was laggy as hell. His juggles worked out though. But whenever I launched, the match went to like 5fps.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
we're talking about online players remember LOL. I've only encountered three players that know proper oki out of the 60 matches I've played :-(

Oh I know, it's just good to get people in the mindset that there is no catch all tool, to expect things, and be on the look out for stuff while they learn

Giga's fff2 is stupid. It's got to the point when I'm totally ignoring Oki set-ups because I'd rather run in with a huge shoulder that has a stupid amount of frame advantage on block.

Katarina's f,f,f+3 gives me life.

Insane range, low crush, hits mid and -8 oB

Only thing better is Claudio's running 2. Fucking +7 oB and gives Starburst on hit.

MikeBison

Rank in the arcades was offline for years.

And you knew who to fight beforehand.

Yeah if I dont want to play a bears scrub I should be able to avoid that.

Nahhh. If that bear was a scrub, judging by your attitude you'd think you were in for easy wins.

You want to avoid bad match ups and players you think are better than you.

Don't be a dick, accept ranked matches when they come up and accept run backs.

Dang lost my second tournament. Delete lucky Chloe.

Now just sitting around waiting for the last match to sync so I can apparently spectate but it's been like this for five minutes lol

Degen

A PS4 ranked match connected on the very first try

my first ranked match is about to start

I... I need a moment

Village

Hey y'all have two devil characters, stop complaining.

Angel is nowhere to be seen. They should bring back Jun reincarnated as Angel Jun. That'd be siiiiick

But I want it.

I also would like angel, though the context I want angel is is weird, and I'm pretty sure i'll be the only one who wants it.

Flousn

Holy hell, getting bodied hard online XD
And i thought Street Figher was bad in that regard. In the first 3 Matches, i felt like not hitting the ground even once before loosing 90% health.
Scrub-Mode activated!
Time to learn.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
A PS4 ranked match connected on the very first try

my first ranked match is about to start

I... I need a moment

Now you can enjoy waiting 5 minutes inbetween matches like everyone else ( &#865; ° &#860;&#662; &#865;°)

Top Bottom