• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT3|

I guess Jin is gonna be out of action for the majority of the story, but still alive, thus allowing the two weaker Mishimas to fight over scraps.

sasuke_91

*sigh* I won't say too much because I will sound super salty. I'll just say that I'm not happy with the delay and all the DLC talk. Especially characters being locked behind paid DLC.

Especially characters being locked behind paid DLC.

Yeah, this is not a good look.

"We're delaying so we can give you a COMPLETE GAME... except for these characters we're going to sell you separately. "

They shouldn't have announced the whole season pass business today i think. Hurts too much.

Pachimari

I'm pretty happy about it cause I'm just gonna pay up. Will I get the Season Pass if I buy the Collector's Edition? I assume so, since the Digital Deluxe edition comes with it.

[edit] Oh fuck, I forgot the community is gonna be split when it comes to stages, unless they let players play on those DLC stages but not being able to pick them themselves if they haven't paid up, then that would be okay.

IKizzLE

Didn't know who Eliza was until today and saw her reveal trailer on youtube for TR.
I must be tripping, but does her breasts get larger as the fight goes on?

sasuke_91

Yeah, this is not a good look.

"We're delaying so we can give you a COMPLETE GAME... except for these characters we're going to sell you separately. "

They shouldn't have announced the whole season pass business today i think. Hurts too much.

Isn't there also a whole game mode for people who pre order? Doesn't sound like a "complete game" to me.

I'll get the game if I can find it for 40€ or less. I have no desire to pay for everything I've missed out on by not getting the Day One Edition + Season Pass though.

Summer is normally barren as hell for good releases, so not even worried. There's almost zero crossover between hardcore players of the franchises.

It's the problem of trying to sell the game to people who are unfamiliar with both franchise, it's harder to try and sell a game about a two decade conflict between a father and his son where it's MUCH, much easier to sell a game about Superman and Batman beating the shit out of each other.

I just realized that Akuma is not on the official cover. I thought the idea of bringing Akuma was to make the game accessible for 2D fighting fans AND help sell the game using a recognizable character.

Holy hell, Namco.

The DLC thing kinda irks me. NB swerved away from that shit and it was kinda nice. I can live with a delay, but all the DLC content sounds so weird coming from Harada.

At the same time, I just want the game, and I do plan on getting the season pass because I'm a little whore for anything fighting games, especially Tekken (and obviously SF).

That "NOOOOOO" tweet is still so delicious.

Imagining Harada cracking his neck, loosening up his arms and stretching his legs getting ready to show his best dunk when Ed Boon runs by, snags the ball and boomshakalaka's the crowd. Harada crumples and VaderNOOO.jpgs. MarkMan leans in.
"Are you ready for the secret weapon?"
Harada regains his composure, sniffs, and trots down for a lay-up.

He trained for 3 years.

BHK3

Banned
Day 1 paid DLC a year after the expansion and 2 years after the original release...I mean if TTT2 underperformed then will pulling this really bring more in? Do they just want bigger initial numbers?

Rajang

What's this about game modes being behind a season pass? Is this legit?

I actually dreamed about Tekken last night. Tekken 7 was delayed.

And Eliza being a pre-order DLC? That's supposed to draw people to buy this day one? LOL, Eliza is a fucking joke. No one knows Eliza outside of the hardcore fanbase (which is tiny btw). And only like, what, 1000 people managed to unlock her in Revolution? The grind you had to go through to unlock her in Revolution was absolutely insane. You needed 20.000 blood seals to unlock her. You got like 1 to 10 blood seals after finishing arcade mode and if you're lucky you get it in an online match. Worst character design in Tekken as well. If this stupid character gets in instead of someone like Lei.. omg

There's going to be three $10 DLC packs, the season pass gets you all three for $25.

Those three packs include two characters and a game mode (presumably single player). Also a bunch of other stuff like stages and costumes to sweeten the deal.

And Eliza being a pre-order DLC? Worst character design in Tekken as well. If this stupid character gets in instead of someone like Lei.. omg

How wrong you are. Eliza is cool. Her moveset just needs work.

At least two DLC characters are coming. Lei/Julia/Anna are presumably high on the list for those spots.

Pachimari

And Eliza being a pre-order DLC? That's supposed to draw people to buy this day one? LOL, Eliza is a fucking joke. No one knows Eliza outside of the hardcore fanbase (which is tiny btw). And only like, what, 1000 people managed to unlock her in Revolution? The grind you had to go through to unlock her in Revolution was absolutely insane. You needed 20.000 blood seals to unlock her. You got like 1 to 10 blood seals after finishing arcade mode and if you're lucky you get it in an online match. Worst character design in Tekken as well. If this stupid character gets in instead of someone like Lei.. omg
This is EXACTLY why we need Eliza in Tekken 7. She needs to be more than a one-time joke character that nobody could get in Revolution. And now she gets her chance as a character in Tekken 7. It's great really! But I agree she shouldn't have been a pre-order bonus. Lei Wulong should have been as that would have drove people to pre-order.

Dereck

early

[ur-lee]

in or during the first part of a period of time, a course of action, a series of events, etc.:
early in the year.
in the early part of the morning:
to get up early.
before the usual or appointed time; ahead of time:
They came early and found their hosts still dressing.
far back in time:
The Greeks early learned to sail and navigate.
adjective, earlier, earliest.
occurring in the first part of a period of time, a course of action, a series of events, etc.:
an early hour of the day.
occurring before the usual or appointed time:
an early dinner.
belonging to a period far back in time:
early French architecture.
occurring in the near future:
I look forward to an early reply.
(of a fruit or vegetable) appearing or maturing before most others of its type:

webster

Definition of early

\ˈər-lē\

earlier; earliest
a : near the beginning of a period of time <awoke early in the morning>
b : near the beginning of a course, process, or series <early in his senatorial career>
a : before the usual or expected time <the train arrived early>
b archaic : soon
c : sooner than related forms <these apples bear early>

TL3jFL8.gif

7IyYUWA.gif

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I thought June was bad, but ELIZA?

Over literally anyone else?

And the season pass having characters... goddamn it

raw

Edit: And they even messed up bringing back the Tekken 4 costumes. From the looks of it they only brought back Jin's and Xiaoyu's, and it's PS4 exclusive for some inane reason (I'll bet Sony makes mention of how Tekken 7 is best on PS4 several times before and maybe shortly after release). And I'm a PS4 only owner, but it doesn't make sense to have an exclusive feature that isn't a Kratos costume or the like. It's the same with the extra non-Nintendo content that the Wii U version of Tag 2 got exclusively a few short months after the initial release.

Pachimari

As a Tekken player since the Tekken 2 launch, I've played every single character in the series BUY Eliza. I would be damn sad if I didn't get to play her, so I'm relieved she's in. But Lei Wulong better be one of the two Season Pass characters.

So I take it we don't expect anymore character reveals until console release?

Playsage

This is EXACTLY why we need Eliza in Tekken 7. She needs to be more than a one-time joke character that nobody could get in Revolution. And now she gets her chance as a character in Tekken 7. It's great really! But I agree she shouldn't have been a pre-order bonus.Lei Wulong should have been as that would have drove people to pre-order.
No. You don't lock behind a timed exclusive pre-order bonus a legacy character of that caliber. That would make you look like an asshole.

No. You don't lock behind a timed exclusive pre-order bonus a legacy character of that caliber. That would make you look like an asshole.

Exactly, people already don't like pre-orders(which for fighting games isn't really a big deal imo) so tying that to a legacy character like Lei? Hooo boy....

Nuszka

The release date is a joke but i think the inclusion of Eliza is absolutely ridiculous, are some folk in the dev team not right in the head. Whoever plays tekken even remotely seriously would agree here with me, this character is a useless piece of a slot and only being described as a fapping mechanism to scrubs or teenage boys.
I personally can't defend her design, oh she sucks and then she gets bigger tits, like come on. I would get more lucky explaining existence of bears in this franchise then this abomination.
I love this franchise but this is to much.

Edit : Namco Bandai did one good thing today though, Dark Souls 3 Dlc announcement for end of march!!! Hype!!!

The release date is a joke but i think the inclusion of Eliza is absolutely ridiculous, are some folk in the dev team not right in the head. Whoever plays tekken even remotely seriously would agree here with me, this character is a useless piece of a slot and only being described as a fapping mechanism to scrubs or teenage boys.
I personally can't defend her design, oh she sucks and then she gets bigger tits, like come on. I would get more lucky explaining existence of bears in this franchise then this abomination.

Edit : Namco Bandai did one good thing today though, Dark Souls 3 Dlc announcement for end of march!!! Hype!!!

IDK about that. I think she looks kind of cool. I'd consider playing her if I was looking for a character.

Whoever plays tekken even remotely seriously would agree here with me, this character is a useless piece of a slot and only being described as a fapping mechanism to scrubs or teenage boys.

I don't think of FG characters I don't care for as a waste of a slot unless they're exact clones or mimic characters. And Eliza's design, boobie custom item withstanding, is pretty neat and allows for a more Tekken oriented projectile character if someone doesn't want to play Akumer

LowParry

June. June June June June June. -siiiiiiiiiiiigh- Same month as Stormblood. Very well.

Hopefully the up Eliza's move list from Revolution. She was kind of bare bones. But the big question comes down to is, is there cross play with any platform? Otherwise PS4 version all the way.

Definitely really really strange seeing Eliza out of all the possible characters being included. Not sure if there's anyone outside of Namco who wanted her included lol.

Rajang

There's going to be three $10 DLC packs, the season pass gets you all three for $25.

Those three packs include two characters and a game mode (presumably single player). Also a bunch of other stuff like stages and costumes to sweeten the deal.

Hmm okay, that doesn't sound that bad.

Top Bottom