• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT3|

Nuszka

I made a post like shortly after e3 saying that the game won't release before April as I assumed that NB might want for t7 to be in 2017 fiscal year finances. But I actually was hoping that I was wrong, but if these leaks about release date will be correct...
I have been trying to clear my backlog of games, sometimes even speed running through them just to have all done before the games release. But now. I just hope those leaks are incorrect.

Maybe it's the european date, the 6th of February ! Get hype !!

rkZq7.gif

Nuszka

All seems legit , will see , date seems to far away. If someone told me during that e3 stream when they showed t7 that its gonna come in a year from then... Whats the point of getting annoyed. That wait for the complete package was worth it... Or was it ? Wait there is a season pass? What ? But?

Edit: i actually don't mind it ? its just so many mixed thoughts in my head, and why Eliza ? Its like they try their best to troll us. First bob reveal then bears , like come on.

fuck me.

I played this at Gamescom in May last year, flash forward a year Gamescom 2017 will have passed and the game will still not be out.

Tekken 7 will feature exclusive content on PS4: a Jukebox mode will allow you to create playlists composed of songs from previous games in the series and listen to them while playing the game. We're also including some exclusive costumes for certain characters, straight out of Tekken 4 and Tekken 2 for Jin, Xiaoyu, and King.

Nice. But i'm still mad.

Pachimari

I told you guys this would release in fucking June. So I'm an insider now right? Lol. No way this would be Early 2017. They need to roll out their marketing campaign and stuff like that takes time. It's all about being realistic.

Also, great to see Eliza included. She'll get a fair chance this time!

Gambit61

Wow, at least now I get time to beat Yakuza 0, Horizon Zero Dawn, Mass Effect Andromeda, Injustice 2 story, Persona 5, Nier Automata and Gravity Rush 2. And it releases a day after my birthday!

I really wanted that March release :(

Rheon

When I think about it, it's probably better for me Tekken 7 releases when it does.

I'll have finished university so it'll be nothing but free Tekken time.

Pachimari

The King costumes from Tekken 2 is fucking sick. And we get more costumes by pre-ordering right? I already pre-ordered the standard edition but I'll change it to CE.

Spuck-uk

Banned
Z8hbhna.gif

Classic T4 Jin and T2 King outfits. Nice.

Eliza announced, Lei and *Chang not, whew lad people are gonna be pissed lmao.

Spuck-uk

Banned
I mean, considering the games coming out in the next two months.. I wouldn't be releasing Q1 even if it WAS ready for it.

As a player I want it yesterday, but this makes sense.

Rheon

Damn, this almost looks like a CG cutscene if it wasn't for the hair

C23LyLvUsAA0CBm.jpg

EDIT: Ohhhhhhh shit I just saw Xiao's T4 dress is back! Always wanted to see that again!

I mean, considering the games coming out in the next two months.. I wouldn't be releasing Q1 even if it WAS ready for it.

As a player I want it yesterday, but this makes sense.

Releasing the game two weeks after its competition is far worse than releasing it in April or even March.

Pachimari

Launching two weeks after Injustice 2 is not smart, i think. They're going to feel it in sales.
You guys also have to understand, that Namco couldn't just decide not to release close to Injustice 2. The release date was highly likely locked down last year, and they couldn't know when Injustice 2 would launch. This probably also explains Harada's "Nooooo" tweet, as they can't just move the release date like that. It's not that easy.

You guys also have to understand, that Namco couldn't just decide not to release close to Injustice 2. The release date was highly likely locked down last year, and they couldn't know when Injustice 2 would launch. This probably also explains Harada's "Nooooo" tweet, as they can't just move the release date like that. It's not that easy.

I doubt that's true. If it was 'locked down' last year they could have announced it last year and saved everyone a lot of grief.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C23TKsGWIAA-Z_h.jpg

Eliza is 'paid DLC at a later date' if you don't get her for preordering.

Top Bottom