• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT3|

Spuck-uk

Banned
That would be depressing as fuck. No one would ever believe their bullshit anymore. Not even Markman would save this clusterfuck.

I don't believe they'd go so low. Early 2017 for me is end of February. They better not fuck us over.

Btw T7 Akuma is based off USF4 version. Many people don't like SFV's redesign of characters. It'd be funny if SFV Akumer "sucked" and players would prefer to wait for him in T7.

Early 2016 is Q1, so expect it before April, they'll want it out before the end of the financial year.

Version D makes it so custom colors & outfits don't have to show up for the other player. Turn off customizations incoming for console?

Sayah

Here I am watching election coverage in anxiety. Voted for the first time in my life today.

Version D makes it so custom colors & outfits don't have to show up for the other player. Turn off customizations incoming for console?

Yessssss! More stuff like this, and I'll certainly be more likely to support Tekken 7.

Dereck

What happens when an item is used like Asuka's 6ft hammer or guns?
maPSeW4.png

GrayFoxPL

What happens when an item is used like Asuka's 6ft hammer or guns?

It's only for outfits logically.

Edit: I mean for items that stick to outfits and don't do anything to gameplay, like showers. Pistols are projectiles and bats are actual move, they gotta be in.

GrayFoxPL

Only outfits huh? PC Version still winning. Better than nothing I suppose.

You wouldn't be able to turn off physical attack items either on PC. Unless everyone has the same mod. I don't even know if you could connect modded version to unmodded. I don't know how it works in eg SFV.

AAK

From my perspective, I'd rather look at the ridiculous stuff in those few instances than seeing constantly being in my view throughout the match.

And that sort of aesthetic has been done before with Algol from Soul Calibur. His bazooka and wing attacks appear out of thin air only during their respective attacks and disappear right after.

GrayFoxPL

From my perspective, I'd rather look at the ridiculous stuff in those few instances than seeing constantly being in my view throughout the match.

And that sort of aesthetic has been done before with Algol from Soul Calibur. His bazooka and wing attacks appear out of thin air only during their respective attacks and disappear right after.

It's different. Like characters who everyone knows they can teleport vs every other character. You know this character can do this and it's not random.

How would it be when in tense situation on last health for both player dude fires up blow with a shovel or a fish. Shit suddenly shows up in his hands, before your brain processes this is an item and ties in the fact you didn't see it before because you installed the mod you gonna get smacked with a tuna, dude.

sasuke_91

I find this meme stupid in most cases, but I feel like it really fits in this situation...
I'm losing my faith in humanity.

LCQ For NA Finals was sick.

Hate I only caught the end where everyone was pretty much dead and giving it their all but the matches were worth it.

GrayFoxPL

Just watched final tournament I missed yesterday.

At night on discord I wrote:
Shit, Spero Gin lost again. This guy will be dead by 9th tournament.
Even if he makes it to tomorrow, he'll be a zombie.

...and fuck me this is exactly what happened. Spero played countless matches and how exhausted he was was clearly visible from just how he played character alone. At many points all his faith was just in Hail Mary deathfist.

Dude was just praying to make it in the end.
wjGpDqc.gif

Spero Gin is my hero now.

But fuck, no more marathons like these, it's not good for anyone. People collapsed on lighter endurance runs.

Yo tonight is gonna be sick. Are we placing bets on who gets top 3?

Spero Gin (but really he's done enough. I don't want him dying out there.)

Kodee

JustFrameJames

GrayFoxPL

Realistically speaking I think most chances will have the truly rested players, definitely not the yesterdays hellhole survivors from 5th tournament up.

Two players from each round robin pool will make it out to top 8.

Based on that, I'm taking:

Anakin
Kane
Geesemaster
Rickstah
Speedkicks
Naps
Kodee
Jackie Tran

After that it's a matter of who picks who to fight against. Can't reliably take a top 3 right now.

GrayFoxPL

Damn I wish I could watch the finals,so hype, but I'm running on fumes after that crazy all nighter.
I slept 3 hours.

AAK

Reno, Kenji, Weapon X, and Oni-Jin travelled all over America to get this spot without succeeding. My heart goes out to those guys.

Tekken-Tim, Project Runaway, and Renzo winning is pretty unexpected to me.

AAK

So how's Canada like, AAK?

Games, internet, gas, and telecommunications are hella expensive... but life is good thankfully. We have our share of problems, but it doesn't seem as dark as what's about to become south of the border.

But alas, all I can say is that it'll be alright. Canada had its extremely long period of over 9 years under the republican equivalent here in Canada until 2015. Despite the evils out there I could cling on to the good people and I was still happy.

But I'll just say there is free Health Care though.... can't downplay any of that :p

My breakdown of the pools.

Pool A:
Code:
x|A|B|C|D|E    A = Anakin (4-0)
A|x|W|W|W|W    B = Kane (3-1)
-|-|-|-|-|-    C = Rip (2-2)
B|L|x|W|W|W    D = ZTS (1-3)
-|-|-|-|-|-    E = PRA (0-4)
C|L|L|x|W|W
-|-|-|-|-|-
D|L|L|L|x|W
-|-|-|-|-|-
E|L|L|L|L|x

Not super confident on this outcome. Feel like Rip is the wildcard here. He could win or lose to any of these people. Down on Project Runaway due to the experience difference. I'm gonna be down on a lot of the LCQ players.

Pool B:
Code:
x|A|B|C|D|E    A = Geesemaster (3-1)
A|x|W|L|W|W    B = Rickstah (3-1)
-|-|-|-|-|-    C = Mateo (3-1)
B|L|x|W|W|W    D = Spero Gin (0-4)
-|-|-|-|-|-    E = Princess Ling (1-3)
C|W|L|x|W|W
-|-|-|-|-|-
D|L|L|L|x|L
-|-|-|-|-|-
E|L|L|L|W|x

I don't know how they'll deal with 3-way tiebreakers, but I'm giving Rickstah the edge because of Akuma. I think Mateo gets a win over Geesemaster thanks to his familiarity with Feng. Down on Spero Gin because he has to be mad tired after yesterday, and his T7 knowledge didn't look all that great either. Great skill though, not counting him out completely for a win or two.

Pool C:
Code:
x|A|B|C|D|E    A = Speedkicks (3-1)
A|x|L|W|W|W    B = Naps (4-0)
-|-|-|-|-|-    C = Tekken Tim (0-4)
B|W|x|W|W|W    D = Renzo (2-2)
-|-|-|-|-|-    E = MYK (1-3)
C|L|L|x|L|L
-|-|-|-|-|-
D|L|L|W|x|W
-|-|-|-|-|-
E|L|L|W|L|x

I have little confidence in the picks here. I don't know Tim/Renzo/MYK super well in tournament. I'm not even all that sure Naps will beat Speedkicks. This pool will be super interesting though. Shame that the two Steve's in tournament ended up in the same pool.

Pool D:
Code:
x|A|B|C|D|E    A = Brawlpro (1-3)
A|x|L|W|W|L    B = Kodee (3-1)
-|-|-|-|-|-    C = JustFrameJames (2-2)
B|W|x|L|W|W    D = WayGamble (2-2)
-|-|-|-|-|-    E = Jackie Tran (2-2)
C|L|W|x|W|L
-|-|-|-|-|-
D|W|L|L|x|W
-|-|-|-|-|-
E|W|L|W|L|x

I really like Brawlpro as a player but the tournament experience level in this pool is pretty high relative to his own. It wouldn't surprise me if his win/loss record flipped though. If I were a gambler, JFJ and WayGamble would be total stay aways, I can't trust them. I have Kodee losing to James because...well that seems like something that would happen.

Can't wait to be completely wrong about it all.

AAK

^^ Woah, so much effort in Famicom's post.

I agree with pretty much everything except that ZTS will take it over Rip, Spero will take it over P.Ling, and JFJ will top his pool, and SK will beat Mr. Naps. Kodee always chokes against JFJ in tournament and Mr. Naps has probably been playing too much Urien.

I really wish they'll stream the SK vs Mr. Naps match.

Sayah

Games, internet, gas, and telecommunications are hella expensive... but life is good thankfully. We have our share of problems, but it doesn't seem as dark as what's about to become south of the border.

But alas, all I can say is that it'll be alright. Canada had its extremely long period of over 9 years under the republican equivalent here in Canada until 2015. Despite the evils out there I could cling on to the good people and I was still happy.

But I'll just say there is free Health Care though.... can't downplay any of that :p

Yeah, Canada seems a healthier alternative at this point. Sorry to bring off-topic discussion into this thread, but I'm literally having an internal meltdown after reading stuff like this.

GrayFoxPL

My breakdown of the pools.

Pool A:
Code:
x|A|B|C|D|E    A = Anakin (4-0)
A|x|W|W|W|W    B = Kane (3-1)
-|-|-|-|-|-    C = Rip (2-2)
B|L|x|W|W|W    D = ZTS (1-3)
-|-|-|-|-|-    E = PRA (0-4)
C|L|L|x|W|W
-|-|-|-|-|-
D|L|L|L|x|W
-|-|-|-|-|-
E|L|L|L|L|x

Not super confident on this outcome. Feel like Rip is the wildcard here. He could win or lose to any of these people. Down on Project Runaway due to the experience difference. I'm gonna be down on a lot of the LCQ players.

Pool B:
Code:
x|A|B|C|D|E    A = Geesemaster (3-1)
A|x|W|L|W|W    B = Rickstah (3-1)
-|-|-|-|-|-    C = Mateo (3-1)
B|L|x|W|W|W    D = Spero Gin (0-4)
-|-|-|-|-|-    E = Princess Ling (1-3)
C|W|L|x|W|W
-|-|-|-|-|-
D|L|L|L|x|L
-|-|-|-|-|-
E|L|L|L|W|x

I don't know how they'll deal with 3-way tiebreakers, but I'm giving Rickstah the edge because of Akuma. I think Mateo gets a win over Geesemaster thanks to his familiarity with Feng. Down on Spero Gin because he has to be mad tired after yesterday, and his T7 knowledge didn't look all that great either. Great skill though, not counting him out completely for a win or two.

Pool C:
Code:
x|A|B|C|D|E    A = Speedkicks (3-1)
A|x|L|W|W|W    B = Naps (4-0)
-|-|-|-|-|-    C = Tekken Tim (0-4)
B|W|x|W|W|W    D = Renzo (2-2)
-|-|-|-|-|-    E = MYK (1-3)
C|L|L|x|L|L
-|-|-|-|-|-
D|L|L|W|x|W
-|-|-|-|-|-
E|L|L|W|L|x

I have little confidence in the picks here. I don't know Tim/Renzo/MYK super well in tournament. I'm not even all that sure Naps will beat Speedkicks. This pool will be super interesting though. Shame that the two Steve's in tournament ended up in the same pool.

Pool D:
Code:
x|A|B|C|D|E    A = Brawlpro (1-3)
A|x|L|W|W|L    B = Kodee (3-1)
-|-|-|-|-|-    C = JustFrameJames (2-2)
B|W|x|L|W|W    D = WayGamble (2-2)
-|-|-|-|-|-    E = Jackie Tran (2-2)
C|L|W|x|W|L
-|-|-|-|-|-
D|W|L|L|x|W
-|-|-|-|-|-
E|W|L|W|L|x

I really like Brawlpro as a player but the tournament experience level in this pool is pretty high relative to his own. It wouldn't surprise me if his win/loss record flipped though. If I were a gambler, JFJ and WayGamble would be total stay aways, I can't trust them. I have Kodee losing to James because...well that seems like something that would happen.

Can't wait to be completely wrong about it all.

All dem letters and numbers.

iMpCqsh.jpg

AAK

Yeah, Canada seems a healthier alternative at this point. Sorry to bring off-topic discussion into this thread, but I'm literally having an internal meltdown after reading stuff like this.

Pt4YGFX.png

W...T...F

But at the same time, how many times has a political leader successfully carried out all their promises?

GrayFoxPL

It's a trend all over imo, populists, crazies and morons win elections and gain power everywhere. My own country is no exception. We got Muppet show government. I gotta wait 3 more years for this carnival of stupid to end.

So I was 100% sure Trump's gonna win. World trend.

But I wouldn't give any credibility to what he said in campaign. Once he's in the seat he'll be harmless kitty cat.

Sayah

Pt4YGFX.png

W...T...F

But at the same time, how many times has a political leader successfully carried out all their promises?

It would be a different story if Democrats had a majority in at least the Senate or the House but they don't. The GOP now hold power in all three branches of the government, and they almost certainly will not be blocking any of Trump's anti-environmental moves. Trump might disagree with the establishment Republicans in some of the areas but climate change is absolutely not one of those areas. It's downright terrifying to think about the generational impacts these next four years will have.

Top Bottom