• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

sasuke_91

Yeah that's true, but I want that to be a system wide change. Tired of whiffing on blocked Dragon Tail. :(
That's what I like about Lee. His WS+2,3 and uf4 have great range. You never have to worry about launching a blocked Dragon Tail.
Speaking about WS launchers: Hwoarang needs a decent one, that WS+3 -> ff+3 is so unsatisfying :/

Ever since I started streaming, it's been hard for me to stop.

Ayy, Manny and NinthPixel send me those streaming settings tho
The Twich Army Knife by DeezjaVu
Great program with awesome features. A bit hard to figure out without the youtube instructional videos, though.

Not really any settings to share that I can see, especially since my PC can't stream at 720p (I haven't had any complaints about 360p). Just trial and error. I would stream all of the time, but people like seeing your face, and that's not always easy for me (a bit shy).

As far as Capos, I wouldn't mind them if their 50-50 or CH mindset is taken out. Good Capos use the lowest percentage of their movelist than any character in the game. Lei and Capos feel that way. Thats one reason why I love Xiaoyu, she forces you to use every tool she has, not just 5 broken ones.

I've been watching your stream. It looks really good. Keep it up.

No Capos in Tekken 7?

god-is-real-gif.gif

No Capos? Hmm........That would be strange considering I expected most fighting styles from TTT2 to make it into Tekken 7 and as annoying as they are to fight, they have a fighting style that would really appeal to casuals since that seems what they are primarily targeting. Thankfully, I do not fight them too much. That could explain why Catarina looks they way she does. Maybe she is a replacement for Christie/Eddy? Imo, she looks like a long lost relative of Christie or something.

Yeah fuck capos.

Handstand? Yeah you can forget about highs.

Relax? You can forget about your highs and most of your mids.

Fuck this shit.

Btw why don't they make capoeira primary "normal" standing on the ground style like others?

Excuse me for rudeness but I don't exactly remember Dacascos or Lateef Crowder spending most of the fights standing on their hands or in "please fuck me" position.

They could've make Capoaira actually fast paced and pretty brutal style in Tekken, not this annoying circus shit.

Yeah. My main problem with Capos is that their stances make most attacks useless and they are very difficult to punish. I don't find them more "cheap" than some other characters, but they really are a drag to play against because of this. I know part of the point of the style is to be evasive but yeah :\.

No Capos? Hmm........That would be strange considering I expected most fighting styles from TTT2 to make it into Tekken 7 and as annoying as they are to fight, they have a fighting style that would really appeal to casuals since that seems what they are primarily targeting. Thankfully, I do not fight them too much. That could explain why Catarina looks they way she does. Maybe she is a replacement for Christie/Eddy? Imo, she looks like a long lost relative of Christie or something.

It has been this way since Tekken 3, Eddy was always a fun character for casuals because they can mash buttons and do all sorts of cool tricks while winning.

AAK

I just realized I might be the only person on GAF that's played Capo's haha. I agree with 9p... the b+1,4 nonsense makes them kinda unwanted. But man the rule-breaking characters in Tekken are kinda special to me. They require some extra exertion and I do sort of enjoy the challenge against them. Whenever I fight one of these characters:

Zafina, Lei, Capos, Raven, Ling Xiaoyu, Bears, and such and I win... I get a huge satisfaction since they required you to exert and adapt extra to them. So far in the T7 roster... we only have Ling Xiaoyu so far. I would loosely add Steve, Baek and Hwoarang to them as well because their offense is quite unique compared to the rest of the cast. So out of the 18 announced, only 3 of these characters have that "rule breaking" gamestyle. I guess T7 will homogenize the cast a little to make it even more easier for people to come to grasps with the game.

NinthPixel is really good. Got really great sidestepping and throw breaking.

I too love playing against him. His defense truly forces you to think of new ways to begin your offense. Thanks again for playing with us 9p!

And now I'm behind. Supposed to finish research proposal for the thesis and another paper for a class. :/ :/ :/ :/

Holy crap, Research Proposal!? That sounds intense... what's your proposed thesis called if I may ask? ;P

Going online soon, anyone want to go a few rounds?

Sorry my PS3 just froze so I think I better let it cool down for the day. I asked boutdown earlier for games too but that was before my PS3 froze on me. Hope you find others though!

Sayah

I too love playing against him. His defense truly forces you to think of new ways to begin your offense. Thanks again for playing with us 9p!

Yeah, I want to play you again ninthpixel. Hopefully I have my work done by next week or so and I can maybe get to play you again on Saturday.

Holy crap, Research Proposal!? That sounds intense... what's your proposed thesis called if I may ask? ;P

The actual research thesis begins next semester. But the research proposal has a deadline this semester that's creeping up pretty fast. So far, I'm just doing the research/grunt work in my general area of interest.

I don't have a title yet. But more broadly, I will be looking into the viability or the lack of viability for different energy sources (renewable energy, nuclear, natural gas, fuel cells, etc.) for developing electricity infrastructure/systems in a specific region of the world. I will likely be traveling abroad and doing field work to collect research/data. Hopefully, I get the fellowship that pays for all of my travel/living expenses. I can get more specific/narrow down into my topic (as the description I gave is very broad) but enough of that, I don't want to bore Tekken people with my life. :p

I just like to come here and complain sometimes about life stuff since things can get stressful sometimes.

AAK

LOL i was just asking because I was previously in a grad program myself.

My thesis was titled "Finite Element Modeling of the Mitral Valve and Mitral Valve Repair" which basically means creating a virtual model of a heart valve with accurate geometry modelling the stress it goes through. This was such a technical project and the amount of programming knowledge I needed to gain in order to do the project justice was overwhelming. After working on the project for almost 6 months my supervisor wasn't satisfied with the models I made and told me to restart. For almost 3 months after hearing that I could barely do any work cause I was so demoralized and petrified at how much knowledge I was lacking to even begin such a technical undertaking. I just gave up after that :(

Right now I'm trying to go back and relearn some core programming because I'm not confident in continuing my engineering career until I feel like I have a solid foundation in coding. Life is super hard man.... but I love your thesis title! Going out and making the world a better place!

Sayah

LOL i was just asking because I was previously in a grad program myself.

My thesis was titled "Finite Element Modeling of the Mitral Valve and Mitral Valve Repair" which basically means creating a virtual model of a heart valve with accurate geometry modelling the stress it goes through. This was such a technical project and the amount of programming knowledge I needed to gain in order to do the project justice was overwhelming. After working on the project for almost 6 months my supervisor wasn't satisfied with the models I made and told me to restart. For almost 3 months after hearing that I could barely do any work cause I was so demoralized and petrified at how much knowledge I was lacking to even begin such a technical undertaking. I just gave up after that :(

Right now I'm trying to go back and relearn some core programming because I'm not confident in continuing my engineering career until I feel like I have a solid foundation in coding. Life is super hard man.... but I love your thesis title! Going out and making the world a better place!

Your topic is very interesting. Don't give up man. You have to go back and finish what you started. Modify or adjust what you're doing so it's not super overwhelming. A finished thesis is better than no thesis as long as it satisfies your advisor. While you're off from school, get as much research done as possible on your topic. From what my own advisor has told me, you pretty much have to plan and start work on your thesis a year before it "officially" even begins. That way if issues come up, you can have sufficient time to tackle them. Everything has to be panned out well in advance, though. Which is why I'm panicking and feeling behind despite the thesis process not having even begun yet.

And yeah, I didn't know my career path before and my grad program has made it really clear to me in which direction I want to go in. I'm generally very interested in energy and environmental science. The two pretty much can go hand in hand. Electricity generation, especially in the developing world, is interesting for me due to its critical need over there. Plus, it helps people out. I'm no where near an expert on the field. I'm in my early 20s so I have to get a lot of research, field, and job experience done before I can consider myself a "professional." I may even go for a PhD program since currently I'm doing a M.S.

sasuke_91

Law's df+1 has like, no range at all, lmao

Most df+1's don't have nearly enough range.
Good games boutdown. I didn't get disconnected this time (normally happens all the time in a lobby with US-players) although the lag was pretty bad sometimes when you started streaming. Great matches though.
I follow you by the way. Name's Nouctis (my brother's account).

GrayFoxPL

Does anyone know if Lars' new move's notation is indeed df2>1? I'm guessing he lost his df2 now... It also looks like a safe delay-able launcher m.h string Which sounds like an amazing tool.

His new combo pattern seems to be:
Launch->juggle->df2,1 (tailspin)-> DE1_deep dash df1(if that's even possible)->ender

Guess that's solves uf3's juggle now, something like this;
uf3, ws4, df2,1, DE1, db2 SE1? Something like that.

I think I'll roll with Lars, Kaz, Jin and maybe Claudio for T7

Yeah, hopefully Larsu will be less hated, because I'm gonna use him.

Kaz, Hei, Jin, Lee, Steve, Lars, Paul, Bryan, Raven, Yoshi my go to dudes, but basically everyone will get playtesting. Wanna check out Claudio and any new char.

Btw. I was mistaken and Steve had a new move in early build. Quick wide double swing, like df+1+2 but horizontal. It'd be cool if the notation was db+1+2.

Sayah

Yeah, I think that was mentioned in the location test thread. Anyway, I wouldn't rule out any characters just because they have a move or two being used by the location test characters. Ogre and true ogre also borrowed Anna's CR d/f+2.

GrayFoxPL

Uh..isn't Ogre just a Combot?

Yeah. Originally in T3 Ogres had like 2-3 original moves rest is just a copy. In Tag2 both Ogre's got quite few of their own, but still they are a copy characters mostly.

Btw. I hope in T7 someone will get Ancient Ogre's moves like f+1+2. (Marduk?)

AAK

Your topic is very interesting. Don't give up man. You have to go back and finish what you started. Modify or adjust what you're doing so it's not super overwhelming. A finished thesis is better than no thesis as long as it satisfies your advisor.

That is pretty much what happened, to get the detail my professor demanded I need to use a certain type of mesh for the geometry that demanded really hard tensor calculus that was just over my head which also had equally more complicated coding so I kept making it less and less detailed until I could get results. I was just becomming more and more dependent on my supervisor to the point where I could barely get anything done unless he was right next to me guiding me the entire way through. Looking back I should have acknowledged how hard the problem was going to be that way when I finally saw the insane brick wall in front of me my self confidence wouldn't have been shattered. Regardless, good luck getting the proposals sorted out!

Law's df+1 has like, no range at all, lmao

I bet you haven't seen Hwoarang or Julia's d/f+1 :p

Btw. I hope in T7 someone will get Ancient Ogre's moves like f+1+2. (Marduk?)

That move better not be safe. True Ogre's f+1+2 defies all logic like Bob's SS+1+2. Safe, mid, fast, wall splatting. That's just BS. /salt

Sayah

Uh..isn't Ogre just a Combot?

Humanoid ogre, yes. True Ogre, I don't think so. Shares very little with other characters. I think besides Anna's move, True Ogre got Kuma/Panda's 1+2, 1+2, 1+2. What else?

That is pretty much what happened, to get the detail my professor demanded I need to use a certain type of mesh for the geometry that demanded really hard tensor calculus that was just over my head which also had equally more complicated coding so I kept making it less and less detailed until I could get results. I was just becomming more and more dependent on my supervisor to the point where I could barely get anything done unless he was right next to me guiding me the entire way through. Looking back I should have acknowledged how hard the problem was going to be that way when I finally saw the insane brick wall in front of me my self confidence wouldn't have been shattered. Regardless, good luck getting the proposals sorted out!

Don't let it get to ya. Your subject just sounds really tough. I have it easier.

If there's ever a point you want to go back, you can probably get credits transferred and redo it after you've researched and mastered your subject on your free time. This will sound so cliche but fail once, try again. And keep trying. We can only learn from our mistakes. There's so many things I wished I had done differently knowing now what I didn't know back then.

Manbig

As Ninth Pixel said earlier, You're going to want to just trial and error your way through it. If you get a good connection, try bumping it up a few notches until you reach a medium that you're happy with.

Humanoid ogre, yes. True Ogre, I don't think so. Shares very little with other characters. I think besides Anna's move, True Ogre got Kuma/Panda's 1+2, 1+2, 1+2. What else?

Bob's Cracker Jacker
Mishima's 1,2,2 and 2,2
Devil Jin's Fly
Kazama b3
Hwo's low, high CH kick launcher (don't know the input)
Wang's Waning Moon
Julia's double low sweep
Kazuya's WS2
King/Armor King's Capital Punishment
Jack's d/b2 (with extra range)
Bruce's b,f4 and b4,3,4
Anna's FC low
I think he has Hei's u/f3,4?
I think he also has Lee's Blazing Kick?

I'm sure I'm forgetting more.

I started making a list but then Manny did a much better one. :p

Yeah, I think Anna is gone, Sayah. There's really no reason for these characters to be stealing random moves otherwise. Ogre isn't the best argument, because when he was introduced in Tekken 3, the characters he shared moves with were all cut (from the original arcade release).

So far, Marduk, Armor King and Anna are the only ones to have moves stolen from them. None of them appeared at the location test. We know there are going to be cuts. Writing's on the wall.

GrayFoxPL

Yeah, I think Anna is gone, Sayah. There's really no reason for these characters to be stealing random moves otherwise. Ogre isn't the best argument, because when he was introduced in Tekken 3, the characters he shared moves with were all cut (from the original arcade release).

So far, Marduk, Armor King and Anna are the only ones to have moves stolen from them. None of them appeared at the location test. We know there are going to be cuts. Writing's on the wall.

At this point I think no one is gonna be cut aside of most TT2 exclusive characters.

Why do I think so?

Well I was hoping the characters will be deeply rebuild moveset and animation wise and that would justify a relatively smaller roster.

But so far we saw characters having 1-2 new moves with everything else reused. Hell, I saw Asuka still having one reversal animation from Tekken 2.

So I don't see any reason for them to cut characters if it's only just few animations they're adding on top of already "complete" characters.

The missing moves will be replaced by new ones and that's it.
That's what I think.

Sayah

As Ninth Pixel said earlier, You're going to want to just trial and error your way through it. If you get a good connection, try bumping it up a few notches until you reach a medium that you're happy with.

Bob's Cracker Jacker
Mishima's 1,2,2 and 2,2
Devil Jin's Fly
Kazama b3
Hwo's low, high CH kick launcher (don't know the input)
Wang's Waning Moon
Julia's double low sweep
Kazuya's WS2
Bruce's b,f4 and b4,3,4
Anna's FC low

Okay then. I stand corrected. :lol

Clearly, I don't pay attention to Ogre that much. But now that you've listed all of this stuff, I'm remembering all of these moves true ogre can do. I'm forgetting things a lot.

Thanks for the list Manny.

STOOOOPPP.....you're hurting me.

I just found it interesting because that db3 looks like the animation was altered.
It would be weird if Anna was cut considering she was used for TTT2 pre-order promo and calls you to get your copy. And Blood Vengeance.

Hell, she seems to get more shine than Nina these days.
Doesn't Katarina have Miguel's headbutt?

Manbig

Okay then. I stand corrected. :lol

Clearly, I don't pay attention to Ogre that much. But now that you've listed all of this stuff, I'm remembering all of these moves true ogre can do. I'm forgetting things a lot.

Thanks for the list Manny.

STOOOOPPP.....you're hurting me.

It hurts me too man... :(

Dereck

@Ninth Pixel/Manny, you know how OBS always shows you how many dropped frames have happened during your stream?

I only get dropped frames when I stream PS3, but not when I stream PS4, I get 0 dropped frames, I don't know why.

Who do you think has a high chance of being cut?.
My first thoughts go to Baek.

I already made my predictions, but that was before the loc test. With what we know now, I'd say...

Obviously cut:

Michelle
Dr. B
Angel
Ogre
Ancient Ogre
Alex
Tiger
Slim Bob
Sebastian
Miharu
Violet
Forest Law
Combot

Probably cut:

Baek
Wang
Ganryu
Devil Jin (just remembered Kazuya got his b+4)
Anna
Armour King
Marduk
Zafina
Jun

Panda/Eddy or Christie relegated to costume change.

That would leave 35 characters, plus the Katarina, Kazumi and Claudio = 38 characters, which sounds about right.

Sayah

Who do you think has a high chance of being cut?.
My first thoughts go to Baek.

Wang and Baek are both out, I would say. They pretty much die in Tekken 6 events. Unless they pull some story loophole and bring either one of them back.

It hurts me too man... :(

Ah well......I'm hoping at least one of the new characters is really to my liking. The two we've seen so far have not impressed me.

Guess I better start practicing my Heihachi. Game gonna be real boring for me!

Are you talking about Tekken Tag 2 or Tekken 7 being boring?

Wang and Baek are both out, I would say. They pretty much die in Tekken 6 events. Unless they pull some story loophole and bring either one of them back.

Ah well......I'm hoping at least one of the new characters is really to my liking. The two we've seen so far have not impressed me.

Are you talking about Tekken Tag 2 or Tekken 7 being boring?

They died fighting Azazel....which doesn't happen in Scenario Campaign mode. I agree with them not appearing but they never "died"

Sayah

T7. Everybody's cutting all of my fun away.

Lol. If I'm not mistaken, I'm just now noticing your post had hints of sarcasm. I'm so slow today.

Despite impending cuts, I'm well hyped for Tekken 7.

They died fighting Azazel....which doesn't happen in Scenario Campaign mode. I agree with them not appearing but they never "died"

What difference does it make if they died in their ending cutscene vs. in the scenario campaign?

Degen

Bob's Cracker Jacker
Mishima's 1,2,2 and 2,2
Devil Jin's Fly
Kazama b3
Hwo's low, high CH kick launcher (don't know the input) d4,4
Wang's Waning Moon
Julia's double low sweep
Kazuya's WS2
Bruce's b,f4 and b4,3,4
Anna's FC low

he has like 10 more than that lol. Ogre is jokes

but come on guys... do you really wanna say goodbye to this character? (no)

AAK

Just remember... King is the only true grappler announced for T7. Pseudo grapplers like Nina & Anna and power move pseudo grapplers, Julia/Jack have yet to be shown. They can't have a 30+ cast with so few big characters. For that reason alone Marduk IMO still has a chance. Besides, the f+2,d+1,2 string works REALLY well with armor Kings f+2,1. It makes ducking that string incredibly risky. It's not an integral move of Marduk they gave king like b+4, d/b+2, d/f+1, vts, etc. Until I see those moves being assimilated to other characters I still believe in Marduk! But my main reason is still because of character variety.

As for Anna's situation... I want to see what Nina is like before nailing Anna's coffin...

what if it's Nina that's getting the Axe and Anna is replacing her?!]

Sayah

I agree. I personally hope that her throws are tweaked.

I also want them to remove flapping butterfly loops. The reason I want them removed is not because I suck at doing them in matches (maybe partly :p). More so because iWS1 looks very visually uninteresting. To the casual spectator, it's just the same move on repeat despite the player working very hard to get the loop to connect.

I also hope they change the qcf+2 properties back to the way the move was in Tekken 6. I want it to be a legit launcher again.

Sayah

SC is the canon story of T6...

That doesn't make cutscenes any less relevant or non-canon. In fact, SC is pretty much a first for conveying story through a "Force Mode" type mini game. Previous games just had background story and cutscenes to convey any story at all.

Christie visiting her grandpa's grave and mourning doesn't mean that specific event didn't actually happen because it's not part of SC.

Of course, that has to also go with acknowledgement that some of the cutscenes are intentionally silly. Heihachi didn't actually shoot of his family into space, for instance. But it's easy to discern between what's real and part of the story and what's not.

Top Bottom