• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 PS4 gameplay

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Looks like they could be on to something with the swinging. Wish it looked more fluid though.

I'm a sucker for Spider-Man games, so I'll probably pick this up at some point. Assuming it's not total junk, anyway.

Ridley327

Hate how loose and floaty everything looks, especially when he lands after swinging. Those suits looked nice though.

I really wish they'd ditch the movie stuff and do original games like Arkham.
Given what's been happening with the Marvel license this year, especially with the impact it's had on Activision's older games, that is likely not an option for them any longer.

This is probably as good as Beenox can do, and some components look great. IP really needs to go to a better developer though. I mean, FFS.

Xater

Holy shit this game looks bad. Especially the excessive amount of pop in. After having played Infamous Second Son this looks like hot garbage.

This better runs at 1080p 60fps on current gen at this graphical fidelity.

What are the odds that all of the costumes are unlockable in-game and not dlc/pre-order bonuses?

Anyway, the swinging mechanics look pretty great, but I think I'll wait for a price drop.

I imagine most of the costumes shown there are unlockable. I know for sure one of them is, since the footage from GDC showed it's story-related.

Hopefully the only DLC costumes are the Gamestop preorder bonus ones

Defuser

Everyone is chasing that Arkham money.

Is Shaba games the only dev that got the spidy combat right? Everyone should follow Web of Shadows combat when making a spider-man game.

R1CHO

I want this Spiderman costume, maybe dlc.

SexyFlanders.gif

fernoca

Doesn't look bad and liked the whole playing as Perter thing. Though I just got Second Son and it's downloading right now; so I guess that will be my "superhero game" for this months.

Wow, I'm actually hyped for this game. Don't care how beautiful the graphics has to be, this is the first movie based game to actually look fun and not so straight forward.

Furyous

This gives me a hope that one day Marvel gives fans the Scarlet Spider game starring Kaine set in Houston. Modify these swinging Mechanics and give Kaine Batman's moves as a template in initial design.

This game looks great. I'm not a graphics expert so take that into account.

The visuals during the actual stealth mission looked much better than the open world stuff.

I dunno, game looks like a solid 6. The swinging looks fun enough, so I'll pick it up for $20 just to get a fleeting glimpse of the rush I want in a SPider-Man game.

And you all need to take off your rose-tinted glasses regarding Spider-Man 2. Aside from the swinging, which was amazing, that game suuuuucked.

dreamfall

Well, I'll probably end up buying it for the PS4 just to mess around with Remote Play web-swinging.

But it definitely looks last gen- in both visual detail, and gameplay design. The pop-in is pretty ridiculous, and the fact that the New York City map looks so lifeless doesn't surprise me. I don't think Beenox will ever top their Shattered Dimensions Spidey game, but I enjoyed the first Amazing Spiderman game. The sense of flight from cloud swinging was still a ton of fun.

I really wonder if a developer will ever create a Spiderman game that really captures the superhero's essence. To do with it what Rocksteady did with Batman. I don't know.

UrbanRats

They should just go the WBgames route and stop doing cheap tie ins, and do a proper, high budgeted SpiderMan game, like they did for Batman Akrham series.

I mean this game looks like it could be decent fun, but the obvious lack of polish in basically every area is painfully obvious and ruins what could've been a great open world super hero game.

Finally physical web swinging is back, tho.

This looks better then Spiderman 2's mission styles already. Web Swinging looks great and he has those cool little animations when he gets off the webs. The pop in is a an issue but I won't mind if I can set things to max quality on PC. Costume choice they showed in there was kinda poor selection of costumes the ones I don't like to talk about.

The game seems great for(a movie game) only 2 years dev time was it? I forget how long they had with it. But also in the first ASM game he was in Stan Lee's apartment, I guess he couldn't pay for rent and had to move back home with Aunt May.

Say what you will about Web of Shadows, but it had decent combat and it wasn't tied to a movie. That is what i want. Having your game tied to a movie never works.

Exceptions to the rule are: Any tie in game before N64, Some Star Wars games, Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay and GoldenEye 007.

iTp3Ck73c6xc3.gif

Yeah, assuming the rest of the game is at least decent, I'll probably pick this up eventually. The swinging and wall sticking freedom was enough to sell me.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Huh, I actually liked what I saw. Peter Parker mode yay.

eh ill preorder it
why not?
im double dipping for Dark Souls 2 for PC, so might as well
plus it has Spiderman 2's web swinging

i dont think it has Spider-man 2's web swinging. If you remember 2 had a very physics based swing, With momentum and acceleration. This swing looks a little mundane compared to it. Also you could just hang on a web at anytime if you just stopped swinging. In this game it appears it forces you off that web at the end of the swing.

Also i hate the new web slinging, who cares if he was swinging from the sky in the first game?, it was fun but now you have to pick buildings to swing from and i there are no buildings nearby then you're can't swing. It doesn't sound fun.

I know a lot of people hated the fact that you would swing from nothing in the first game but I liked it. Watching this makes it seem like swinging high above the city isn't possible, something I loved to do, enjoying the view.

I am foaming at the fucking mouth

Anyway, they got what I wanted right which was the web swinging. I hope they have a copious amount of trick races and random mission variety. I couldn't care less if the main mission ends up terrible (though it looks decent). This game will last me a long time just swinging around beating people up. Pop-in I suspect will still be a problem on the PC which is gonna suck.

And what's with everyone shitting on Beenox? You know how Activision does. Give a dev only a short amount of dev time to make a AAA game and this is what you get even with a talented developer. Look at what happened when High Moon was forced to shit out Deadpool and Dark Of the Moon.

EDIT: Sucker Punch hasn't shown they can make a superhero game with a combat system that isn't just shooting stuff. If you want a Spider-man TPS with boring side missions and a 3 hit melee system then they are the ones to call.

Top Bottom