• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THE best DS Lite case

RumFore

Banned
Naked Snake said:
Since I'm incredibly broke at the moment (importing the DS Lite set me back more than $155 and I just found out that it's held in customs, so I'm going to have to pay even more for it), I think I'm going to use my carry case for the original GBA from ALS, it's way too large for my taste but I guess it will have to do for the time being.

http://images.jr.com/productimages/ALAGBACC300.PNG?WID=150&CVT=JPEG

That one. It's made for the original GBA but also fits the original DS very nicely, and the zipper compartment can hold a ton of games... I wonder how the Lite will fit in there though, it'll probably move around.

I have that same exact case and the DSL fits in the front velcro part perfectly. I use the zipper part to store the charger and probaly 30 are more GBA and DS games. If you ask me its a perfect case and the only reason I wanted to change it is because I wanted something that matched the white DS more.

RumpledForeskin said:
I have that same exact case and the DSL fits in the front velcro part perfectly. I use the zipper part to store the charger and probaly 30 are more GBA and DS games. If you ask me its a perfect case and the only reason I wanted to change it is because I wanted something that matched the white DS more.

That's good to hear!

I got this case from Play-asia yesterday. I'm rather picky about cases when it comes to any electronics, but the Hori compact pouch is nice. The inside is a soft cloth material and has two slots to fit DS games (up to 4 if you put 2 in each slot) and one GBA game. Very happy with my purchase. :D

PA.59118.001.jpg

Hey kitchenmotors - how does that case feel when there's no DS in it? Can you easily squish/bend it or are the walls kind of solid?

I'm looking at the Hori cases and was leaning towards the Multi Pouch cause i prefer the 'slide in' design rather than the 'sit in' design of the compact pouch. But the multi pouch has all the crap on the back, compact pouch seems more.. well, compact.

where can I get the E3 DS Lite case from?
I live in the UK, but any good importer should be able to ship there.

I think its dumb how these cases arent even on general sale, I have to go to a nintendo world store just to get one?!

Can anyone help or hit me with a link?

ahmad

Banned
kitchenmotors said:
I got this case from Play-asia yesterday. I'm rather picky about cases when it comes to any electronics, but the Hori compact pouch is nice. The inside is a soft cloth material and has two slots to fit DS games (up to 4 if you put 2 in each slot) and one GBA game. Very happy with my purchase. :D

PA.59118.001.jpg

I am thinking of getting the white-gray case. It is good to hear positive things about it:D

human5892

Queen of Denmark
the androgyne said:
Hey kitchenmotors - how does that case feel when there's no DS in it? Can you easily squish/bend it or are the walls kind of solid?
I have this case too -- it's kind of inbetween. The walls are solid, but if you sit on it or something it definitely bends/caves in.

I can't recommend this case enough -- it's compact, offers a reasonable amount of protection for the DS, can hold a handful of games, and doesn't look like a purse or nerd survival gear.

ahmad

Banned
human5892 said:
I have this case too -- it's kind of inbetween. The walls are solid, but if you sit on it or something it definitely bends/caves in.

I can't recommend this case enough -- it's compact, offers a reasonable amount of protection for the DS, can hold a handful of games, and doesn't look like a purse or nerd survival gear.

What color do you have??

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
For people interested in the E3 case in the UK

I swear I saw it in HMV for £9.99, it was white, had the same design, black zipper pouch on the back etc. There was also a pink one.

It had the official Nintendo seal of quality on it too. Might be worth checking out your local game stores/HMvs if you want that case.

I didnt really like the look of it tbh.

I'm very happy with my Hori Multipouch, I can fit 10 games into it without squeezing and I like the way theres all kinds of methods to carry it/attach it to belts/bags/body etc. Thats my final recommendation to anyone still on the fence.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
ahmad said:
Does anyone have this case??

Does it fit a charger and at least three DS games???

PA.62136.002.jpg

isnt that the hori multipouch I just described?

It can fit a charger but it doesnt look nice....it bulges quite a bit. It has 2 slots for DS games and a stylus in the back plus another bigger pouch. I use that pouch to put extra games, but someone else who had it in this thread (pg 2-4) put his charger in and posted pics, it looked kinda ugly and uncomfortable but maybe if you adjust it right it could be more manageable.

but yeah it is physically possible.

ahmad

Banned
kaizoku said:
isnt that the hori multipouch I just described?

It can fit a charger but it doesnt look nice....it bulges quite a bit. It has 2 slots for DS games and a stylus in the back plus another bigger pouch. I use that pouch to put extra games, but someone else who had it in this thread (pg 2-4) put his charger in and posted pics, it looked kinda ugly and uncomfortable but maybe if you adjust it right it could be more manageable.

but yeah it is physically possible.

Do you have the black one or the white one??? :D

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
hmm i think i'll order one of them now, Shamo how are they on the Inside really soft?

Stink

dscartcase9.gif

GAMEware DS cartridge case 9, holds 9 cartridges and room for a spare normal and DS Lite stylus. About the same dimensions as a DS Lite only slightly shorter. Ugly but efficient.

yonder

I've made my own! (almost) I found an old GBA case that I never use so I put my Lite there and it fit quite good.
However, it had a big Game Boy Advance logo on the front so I carefully ripped it the hell of.

gafpic10tg.jpg

You can see the mark that the GBA logo left.

gafpic25cv.jpg

The case itself only has one little pocket that barely has room for anything. I keep a small cloth there to rid my Lite of fingerprints and such.

gafpic30uf.jpg

As you can see (I hope) it's quite snug in there. And it's official Nintendo stuff of course. I love my case, it's just what I was searching for. :)
Anyway, maybe some of you have old GBA cases that aren't being used. Try putting your Lites in there, it just might be a perfect lite case as well.

Zaptruder

Banned
shamo42 said:
My gf got her keys factory case a few days ago. Looks great. A few pics:
dscase015jh.jpg

dscase027vp.jpg

Just picked up the black one.

A tad bit cheap feeling, but there isn't much better around, and a good price for it nevertheless.

Although when it's in the pouch, I almost wish it was a MP3 player, it just looks so much like one.

I just needed some sort of ipod-sock like case to tuck my Lite into when I throw it in my bag, so I made my own. It only holds the DS so far, but I'm thinking about attaching a pocket to it so it can hold a few games too.

ds_case_open.jpg

masumo

How is everyone storing their games? I'm looking for a way to keep them all in their cases without making a mess, but traditional office bookends are too big.

My plan B is to keep them all in those ALS DS game cases (that hold three per case) and stuff four of those into a Hori MultiPouch. Can that be done?

Vexidus

I ordered the Hori DSL case from Play-Asia and it came in the other day, here are some pics for those who are curious:

Closed:
hori-dsl-case-01.jpg

Open:
hori-dsl-case-02.jpg

With Dsl inside:
hori-dsl-case-03.jpg

Being used to keep games when at home:
hori-dsl-case-04.jpg

I really like the design and feel of it, it can hold 4 DS games comfortably, 6 is a little tight plus a GBA cart.. The DSL still fits inside the case ok with a GBA cart inserted, which is nice.. There are elastic straps at the bottom corners but I don't know how much good they do to hold the DSL in place

I forgot to take a picture of the back, but there is a strap you can snap apart (like a bookbag)

I would've preferred another DS game pouch instead of the GBA one but other than that it's a great case!

As mentioned by another poster, Nintendo have released a very similar case to the E3 one in the UK for £9.99, with a zipped pocket at the back for game storage. I was going to buy it until I noticed it had a crappy inner transparent plastic cut out for D Pad buttons etc so you can slide your open DS in to play while in the case.

masumo said:
How is everyone storing their games? I'm looking for a way to keep them all in their cases without making a mess, but traditional office bookends are too big.

My plan B is to keep them all in those ALS DS game cases (that hold three per case) and stuff four of those into a Hori MultiPouch. Can that be done?

fabric_case_ds_shop.jpg

fabriccaseds0059df.jpg

Zaptruder

Banned
It might sound crazy, but I keep my games in my wallet. No, there's no special holder for them, but they're slim and small enough to easily fit a couple in there and a few if need be.

Plus it's not as geeky to pull out a wallet as it is to pull out a special little case.

But I do keep my DS lite in a black keys factory pouch... but only because it looks so damn cool.

Zaptruder said:
It might sound crazy, but I keep my games in my wallet. No, there's no special holder for them, but they're slim and small enough to easily fit a couple in there and a few if need be.

Plus it's not as geeky to pull out a wallet as it is to pull out a special little case.

Dude, I beat you to it, in this very thread

Naked Snake said:
I carry DS games in my wallet, they're so small that you could easily fit 2 games without feeling it, they're no larger than a credit card... I shouldn't need more than 3 DS games at any one time when I'm out of the house (2 in the wallet + 1 in the DS itself).

But it's good to know that I'm not the only one.

masumo

ndsl-3d-mesh-cover-we-v04l.jpg

Picture of the inside of the first one. More pictures here.

I took the jump and ordered one from Play-Asia, along with a Moritoys expandable stylus. Using those ALS 3-slot cases for my games.

Top Bottom