• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THE best DS Lite case

BuddyC

Mejilan said:
The ones given out at the NWS for free are pretty neat. It's a black and white zipper case which snugly fits the DSL and quite a few games (in a seperate, outer pouch).
Sounds like the case they were giving away at E3. If so, it is indeed quite the nice case.

litecase1.jpg

litecase2.jpg

litecase3.jpg

Gantz

Banned
BuddyC said:
Sounds like the case they were giving away at E3. If so, it is indeed quite the nice case.

litecase1.jpg

litecase2.jpg

litecase3.jpg

Anyone know how much these cost at the NWS? I was going to stop by this weekend.

Nobiru said:
everyone allways says use the gameboy cases...but when i used mine, the 4 games i got in there pushed up against the latch to open it, and it was a complete bitch to get it open :p

so much wasted space too, i want a REAL multi cart case !!

EC.ALS.NDS111.JPG

$5 for a pack of 3 at Circuit City. Best solution I've found thus far.

BooJoh

Lord Helmet said:
EC.ALS.NDS111.JPG

$5 for a pack of 3 at Circuit City. Best solution I've found thus far.
I got a pack of these today. Looks to be a great solution. Not much bigger than just taking the carts, but big enough to not lose them, and you can take 3, 6, or 9 games with you depending on your mood.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
BuddyC said:

litecase1.jpg

litecase2.jpg

litecase3.jpg

BuddyC, that is indeed the case they gave out for free to the first 100 (or so) of us who picked up DSLs during the Saturday Night Launch Party. Thanks for the images!

To my knowledge, they are not (yet) available for purchase at the NWS, however.

Nice case to get for free (along with Brain Age). I have my DSL, extra stylus, 6 DS games, and my rumble pack all crammed in there.

Gantz

Banned
Mejilan said:
BuddyC, that is indeed the case they gave out for free to the first 100 (or so) of us who picked up DSLs during the Saturday Night Launch Party. Thanks for the images!

To my knowledge, they are not (yet) available for purchase at the NWS, however.

Nice case to get for free (along with Brain Age). I have my DSL, extra stylus, 6 DS games, and my rumble pack all crammed in there.

I saw them yesterday at the NWS. They were too bulky for my tastes. They also had velvet slip cases with the mario cloth attached to it. It looked really tacky.

ant1532

Banned
This is what I use and IMO is the best case out there
PA.37861.001.jpg

I don't like all that shit where there is zippers, velcro, and has in giant letters NINTENDO DS and crap. At least the PSP logo here is dimmed out so its not very noticable. You can put games inside under system when in case and they dont fall out too. Stylish white ftw.

Mejilan

ant1532 said:
This is what I use and IMO is the best case out there
PA.37861.001.jpg

I don't like all that shit where there is zippers, velcro, and has in giant letters NINTENDO DS and crap. At least the PSP logo here is dimmed out so its not very noticable. You can put games inside under system when in case and they dont fall out too. Stylish white ftw.

No way. And have shit move around and potentially scratch the DS? The free one (E3, NWS) rocks, is very compact, fits a nice amount of stuff (in two separate compartments, one for the DS, one for the games/stylii, and lacks any giant garish logos or advertisements. (just has a subtle, white-on-white DS '8' logo.

ant1532

Banned
Mejilan said:
No way. And have shit move around and potentially scratch the DS? The free one (E3, NWS) rocks, is very compact, fits a nice amount of stuff (in two separate compartments, one for the DS, one for the games/stylii, and lacks any giant garish logos or advertisements. (just has a subtle, white-on-white DS '8' logo.
Nothing moves though its tight as a rock in there. Perfect. But i would like the E3 one just to answer "where did you get that case?" ... "E3."

Mejilan

ant1532 said:
Nothing moves though its tight as a rock in there. Perfect. But i would like the E3 one just to answer "where did you get that case?" ... "E3."

All it'd take is one game shifting to gash up the DSL. No way.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Symytry said:
The one I recently bought isn't really a case protector, but its damn cool!

contactcase_a.jpg

contactcase_b.jpg

where did you buy that from? havent seen it available anywhere yet....ajnd how does it fit the ds lite cos i'm guessing its designed for the fat ds.

**** everything that is not the E3 case. The E3 case is God. At first I was disappointed and thought it was a bit of a crap giveaway, but it's so perfect.

Mejilan

Kobun Heat said:
**** everything that is not the E3 case. The E3 case is God. At first I was disappointed and thought it was a bit of a crap giveaway, but it's so perfect.

And bonus points for not being emblazoned by 'NINTENDO' and 'DS LITE' everywhere. Or, anywhere*, really. :D

*Save for the 2 zippers!

Symytry

The Contact pouch was a special promo item that was given to people who bought the game in Japan. I got it off ebay last week for $5.50 :D

Meier

I got the little sleeve one with the Mario sticker and all that since it seemed to be the thinnest and least offensive readily available only to find the other side has the absolute dorkiest patch sewed on. I was able to remove it and trimmed off the "hook" above it so it's not quite as bad, but boy talk about false advertising -- that thing is NOWHERE on the package.

Meier said:
I got the little sleeve one with the Mario sticker and all that since it seemed to be the thinnest and least offensive readily available only to find the other side has the absolute dorkiest patch sewed on. I was able to remove it and trimmed off the "hook" above it so it's not quite as bad, but boy talk about false advertising -- that thing is NOWHERE on the package.

Thank you for sharing that info, I was thinking of getting it.

Meier

Naked Snake said:
Thank you for sharing that info, I was thinking of getting it.

NP, I can take a picture of how it looks now that I've removed the patch (it was easy to down, just a little rubber one sewn onto a faux-leather strap) if you'd like. Having done that, it looks fairly decent and at only $10, it's a decent case (the cleaning cloth is nice to have).

womp

darscot said:
Womp way to post pictures of your flash cards. :D

I knew someone would mention that...For the record I buy and OWN my DS games...I'm at 39 currently and as soon as Point Blank DS arrives, I'll be at an even 40. :D

Speaking of which, has ANYONE seen this game at retail? Its a real bitch to track down...I had to resort to Ebay.

The cart on the right houses PocketNES, while the one on the left has a bunch of homebrew stuff such as DSOrganize and that Every Extend Extra DS clone which I have to check out more.

:)

ant1532

Banned
womp said:
I knew someone would mention that...For the record I buy and OWN my DS games...I'm at 39 currently and as soon as Point Blank DS arrives, I'll be at an even 40. :D

Speaking of which, has ANYONE seen this game at retail? Its a real bitch to track down...I had to resort to Ebay.

The cart on the right houses PocketNES, while the one on the left has a bunch of homebrew stuff such as DSOrganize and that Every Extend Extra DS clone which I have to check out more.

:)
pretty neat
ps. check pms

Zaptruder said:
Probably because it says: Nadzproject.
lol, hmm. Well it is possible thats just one of his username he put on it for advertisment in the image since none of the others he is selling say that. But he is in hong kong.... But 99% feedback.. Wierd that no one noticed knockoffs yet... Hard to decide, you choose sorry. :D

RumFore

Banned
womp said:
http://mysite.verizon.net/cjsimonet/case.jpg
[IMG]http://mysite.verizon.net/cjsimonet/case5.jpg
[IMG]http://mysite.verizon.net/cjsimonet/case6.jpg
[IMG]http://mysite.verizon.net/cjsimonet/case4.jpg

AirForm from EBay, under $10 from Hong Kong...GREAT case![/QUOTE]

How is the build quality on this case? Sturdy, no flakey zipper, etc? I would like one of these but another member mentioned the build quality is terrible.

Also can I get a link to the buyer where you got yours?

Meier said:
NP, I can take a picture of how it looks now that I've removed the patch (it was easy to down, just a little rubber one sewn onto a faux-leather strap) if you'd like. Having done that, it looks fairly decent and at only $10, it's a decent case (the cleaning cloth is nice to have).

Yeah it would be nice if you could take a couple of picture of it (preferably with DS lite inside).

LiquidMamba said:
Are there any leather cases that carry extra games?

I use this for my games:
B00005LP0X.16._SCLZZZZZZZ_SS260_.jpg

It's hecka cheap and if you really need to, you can fit twelve games in there.

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.htm...6?_encoding=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B00005LP0X

Otherwise, my DSl sits in an extra PSP soft case.

Oh yeah, if you buy it in the store, it should only be 4 or 5 dollars. I dunno why the online site is charging more. If anyone is really interested, I can take pictures of mine for size comp.

mrkgoo

Due to my dissatisfaction with available cases and pouches for my dslite (and my previous post about using an old walkman neoprene-type pouch), I have attempted to hand craft my own.

My first attempt used a kind of cotton placemate canvas/corduroy looking bright orange material. It turned out lumpy and terrible. I don't have a sewing machine, and since the edges fray, I had to overlock them by hand-stitching.

I attempted again to make the same sleeve, and it was a compelte success! However, since the material was a cheap dinnerware placemat, it hadn't been colour-fixed, and the colour came out of it, permanetly staining my poor dslite's rubber feet a pale orange. :(

So, my next attempt (never give up, never surrender!), I made a draw-string puch out of a blue microfibre cloth with 'suede' finish. Voila! I am happy!

img4668small8ft.jpg

This is how to gauge yourself a true hardcore gamer- if you are willing to sew for your console.

But from here, where do I go? Pouches for my games? Maybe I'll cook my dslite a nice meal, and a movie.

womp

eudaemonic said:
I use this for my games:
B00005LP0X.16._SCLZZZZZZZ_SS260_.jpg

It's hecka cheap and if you really need to, you can fit twelve games in there.

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.htm...6?_encoding=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B00005LP0X

Otherwise, my DSl sits in an extra PSP soft case.

Oh yeah, if you buy it in the store, it should only be 4 or 5 dollars. I dunno why the online site is charging more. If anyone is really interested, I can take pictures of mine for size comp.

Heh, I got one of these last year at MicroCenter for $1.49, ripped out the slots inside and used it as a Ipod Nano case. :D

womp

RumpledForeskin said:
How is the build quality on this case? Sturdy, no flakey zipper, etc? I would like one of these but another member mentioned the build quality is terrible.

Also can I get a link to the buyer where you got yours?

Build quality how? What did the other member say? The construction is hard, the inside is soft...Its certainly not a premium item but I think its pretty damn solid...Although MAYBE the zippers COULD be a problem later as they are more on the rubber side. However otherwise I quite like it and for under $10 it works great...Slim, functional and not flashy. :)

I got it from HERE.

BuddyC

Great King Bowser said:
I'll be using the Mr. Driller Drill Spirits pouch that came with the game at Play-Asia. Should get the job done nicely.
That's where ye olde original DS resides. Hopefully it provides for a happy retirement experience.

Since I'm incredibly broke at the moment (importing the DS Lite set me back more than $155 and I just found out that it's held in customs, so I'm going to have to pay even more for it), I think I'm going to use my carry case for the original GBA from ALS, it's way too large for my taste but I guess it will have to do for the time being.

http://images.jr.com/productimages/ALAGBACC300.PNG?WID=150&CVT=JPEG

That one. It's made for the original GBA but also fits the original DS very nicely, and the zipper compartment can hold a ton of games... I wonder how the Lite will fit in there though, it'll probably move around.

Christopher

PuertoRicanJuice said:
Am I the only person who will never buy a case nor a screen protector for my DS Lite?

Nope I just donsee the point in it...well I don't have a case for my cell phone or iPod either.

Biohazard said:
Nope I just donsee the point in it...well I don't have a case for my cell phone or iPod either.
Guess this proves that real men with Boogie bare chest avatars don't need cases for their electronics.

Top Bottom