• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

I read Michael Eric Dyson's article. I also listened to the Black Guy Who Tips podcast, so some of that might have rubbed off on me.

Underneath all the great vocabulary, it looks like just a lot of jilted bromance. Dr. West gets jilted by President Obama, Dr. Dyson gets jilted by Dr. West. Dr. West calls Dr. Dyson a puppet and shill. Dr. Dyson spills the beans about Dr. West's crush on Anita Baker and how he was pissed that even a lowly doorman had tickets to the inauguration, but he didn't.

Bottom line, all these black voices, Dyson, West, Perry, Sharpton, Jackson, etc, etc, etc are important and legit. And it's totally cool when they disagree. The black community has been arguing about the direction it should take for ages (Booker T. Washington vs. W.E.B. DuBois was the intellectual Biggie vs. Tupac of that time). But slinging around accusations of not being black enough or being a white man in a black man's skin is uncalled for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9deYpYYFHw

Africanus

So I'm doing a spring musical (I work in Stage Technicians at my high school. It's quite fun and gives me direct service hours I can place down).

The musical is the Sound of Music.
Now the school director says he casts color blind but that is very much inaccurate considering every lead role of every single play has been white (while blacks are usually placed as side roles or not at all).

Now onto the main point of the story. One of my black friends plays Max Detweiler.
The director's always making odd changes to the script, however this one was very confusing. He said to him "Now first things first, you're gay. Get that through your head, you're black and you're gay. You have to act the part."
A black, gay Nazi? That's two strikes right there. We had a good laugh about it.

Man, i just might not be on GAF for too much longer. These young people are starting to get to me with their stupidity and desire to stay that way.

Yeah, i'm going to step away for a while soon... get some perspective because this place makes me dislike young people something terrible.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Us old bittys are a grumpy bunch. I turned 40 today, and I've managed to keep my cool with old bitty hooch. How some of these kids pass as functional just doesn't make any damned sense.

now you an old man dizzy going the way of the dinosaurs. congrats btw.

akira28

what he say?

just some jeffrey dahmer type shit. cut me open and let my guts spill out, and set me on fire, put me in a garbage compacter, and then I will also die painfully, in a hospital though. So he's not a total monster. He will do all that do me, and then take me to the emergency room. so the message is unclear.

D i Z

now you an old man dizzy going the way of the dinosaurs. congrats btw.

Thanks. I guess OldManDizzy would be more appropriate, if I didn't still feel and act like i was 20.

just some jeffrey dahmer type shit. cut me open and let my guts spill out, and set me on fire, put me in a garbage compacter, and then I will also die painfully, in a hospital though. So he's not a total monster. He will do all that do me, and then take me to the emergency room. so the message is unclear.

Well. Damn.
Would that not be a reportable offense?

akira28

he's banned, and zero posts, joined late last year. So it was probably a burner account suicide, and someone else already did.

messages like that don't really make your side look very rational though, crazydude.

Wynnebeck

Banned
lawl some of y'all got that Texas Chainsaw Massacre PM. Glad nobody hates me that much on here. I know I get called a troll by all three groups (MS, Sony, Nintendo), but I just love games mayne.

should've hit them with the

9iSWIEY.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom