• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmood88

FAM a moment of your time...

So I have been dating this girl for 5 years. When I 1st started dating her she said that she didn't like to work. I kinda blew this off thinking it wouldn't be an issue. Fast forward 5 years we are getting to the point we likely should get married. She hasn't held down a job more than 2 months in the last year and have quit 3-4 she just started a new job last week and it already seems like shes in the process of quitting that one.

So my question to you is...

Would you stay with her or would you move on. Cause no matter what happens you would be the only one working.

Would like as many answer as possible

Thanks guys
Do you need her to help out with expenses?

So I have been dating this girl for 5 years. When I 1st started dating her she said that she didn't like to work. I kinda blew this off thinking it wouldn't be an issue. Fast forward 5 years we are getting to the point we likely should get married. She hasn't held down a job more than 2 months in the last year and have quit 3-4 she just started a new job last week and it already seems like shes in the process of quitting that one.

Would you stay with her or would you move on. Cause no matter what happens you would be the only one working.

Thanks guys

do you want to be her sponsor? really, talk to her about it.

otherwise, tell her exit stage left.

royalan

Thanks guys

It depends. How's the rest of the relationship? What's she like overall?

Because from the little you've told us, it's not that she doesn't want to work that's the problem, it's that ol' girl doesn't seem to have any drive.

There's a difference between not wanting to work and not being able to hold down a J.O.B....

But hey, doesn't seem like you've had a problem with that all this time. If you can afford to take care of her and are willing to, then go ahead and wife her.

After all is said and done at the end of the month we have between 150 and 250 dollars

...you're crazy.

cdyhybrid

Thanks guys

Are you able/willing to support a family on your income alone?

If no, abandon ship.

jmood88

She dose not

After all is said and done at the end of the month we have between 150 and 250 dollars

Let me remind you that I knew this 5 years ago. But blew it off as people not liking to work
I don't know her so I can't say anything definitively but if it's this much of an issue then, at the very least, you have to sit her down and talk about how she has to help. Also, if she still refuses to work and you still want to marry her, then she better be housewife of the year every single year.

royalan

Can she cook? Clean? Give that bomb ass dome?

Because I can do all these things, while still working full time....

EDIT: I don't know why I felt compelled to let you know this.

Merc_

She dose not

Let me remind you that I knew this 5 years ago. But blew it off as people not liking to work

To be honest, I'd be on my way out the door based on what you've told us.

cdyhybrid

Reality of the situation in this day and age is that unless you're making significantly (significantly) above average income, you can't support a family unless your SO is also working. You gotta pay for doctors appointments, school, extracurriculars, college, etc. if you're planning to have kids.

Nakazato

I mean I only really gave you a snippet of our relationship. And it really is the only thing that feels wrong IMO. And I agree Cdy. But she feels like making 30k a year is enough to where she can stay at home.
The inability to hold down a job is a big alarm.
Is not that she can't hold a job she starts one gets bored and never goes back.

Thanks guys

if i was making 100k i'd be fine with it, but any less than that and she better be doing SOMETHING

RP912

Banned

Thanks guys

It all depends...but if I had a woman that's not doing anything productive, not trying to do some sort of side gig and just sit around the house....yeah I would chuck the peace sign.

I mean I only really gave you a snippet of our relationship. And it really is the only thing that feels wrong IMO. And I agree Cdy. But she feels like making 30k a year is enough to where she can stay at home.

I advise you to back out now

Young Magus

Nakazato........

Like I can understand if ol'girl was a full time student but sounds like thats not the case.

In that case you best bounce....

I saw Tomorrowland today. That shit was good, my only complaint was that it used a cliche that I'm tired of. I've seen it so many times that I wonder if studio heads make sure it's implemented in these type of movies because they feel it creates an emotional response that equates to profit. I can't see how a writer who comes to the thought of putting that in and not quickly think of just how often it shows up in the video medium and would immediately switch that shit up.

andthebeatgoeson

Thanks guys
Need more info. Any college degree? Any signs of any ambition? How does she survive day to day? You?

That would get tiring unless you can support her. But most adults accept they need a job. Someone that can't keep a job sounds like a potential nightmare. Not just financially but what will her day be filled up with?

I would say naw but I don't know how you lasted this long. What does she do on these multiple weeks off while you work?

stupid-tat-choices24.jpg

That dam auto tag never works on opera mobile

are you guys gonna have kids? does she mind being a housewife?

Crocodile

Thanks guys

I'd have alarm bells ringing in my head but I'm sure you have more relationship experience than I do and you know her better than anybody else. I can imagine fiances getting real tight in the future, especially if you ever want to have a family though.

Can she cook? Clean? Give that bomb ass dome?

Because I can do all these things, while still working full time....

EDIT: I don't know why I felt compelled to let you know this.

Because you wanted to brag :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom