• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash |OT| Gotta Go Fast - Tuesdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quasar

Another excellent episode. Really enjoying the digging around in the DCU. Peek a boo.

And really surprised they are actually going for it with Grodd.

And Linda Park made me smile. Even if it upsets Wally fanboys.

Another excellent episode. Really enjoying the digging around in the DCU. Peek a boo.

And really surprised they are actually going for it with Grodd.

And Linda Park made me smile. Even if it upsets Wally fanboys.

Man, fuck Wally.

Barry, you best tap that and treat her right. Girl gonna be good for you.

Frog-fu

Banned
Also, ya'll are way too goddamn harsh on Iris/Laurel, it's like if a female on a show isn't the quirky sciency nerd type or an MMA fighter, then she's just "useless." At least unlike Laurel, Iris is always peppy/cheery, her scenes are always upbeat compared to Laurel's chronic depression/tragic mood (though I guess that's also just a difference in the tone of both shows).

They're just poorly written characters that take away from the show rather than add to it. It's not on the fandom to make allowances for grating characters but for the writers to give us compelling reasons to like them or at the least to be charmed by them.

In her one episode appearance, I already like that Linda chick more than either Iris or Laurel, not because she's either type you referred to, but because she's charming.

Skux

I'm in love.

tmSbAB9.gif

6dYsGtl.gif

0Zr8xuU.gif

Was it the same model though? I know I thought so when I saw it and got a bit of a laugh out of it. From what I could tell it might've been different but they hid Grodd in the dark and I haven't taken the time to really check.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
This might be my favorite episode this season. They covered a lot of ground, got some good fights and usage of powers, just a really jam packed and entertaining hour of programming. Grodd tease was also really cool.

I think what I liked the most about this episode is that it gave Caitlin and Cisco something to do other than sit behind the computer and give commentary about Barry's fights. I'm actually shocked how much they managed to pack in this episode.

Chariot

I think what I liked the most about this episode is that it gave Caitlin and Cisco something to do other than sit behind the computer and give commentary about Barry's fights. I'm actually shocked how much they managed to pack in this episode.
Cisco got it good.

But Caitlin? She still didn't deliver more than being the source for FlashGAF's thirst.

DeathyBoy

Banned
Wally ain't gonna happen, he doesn't even exist.

This is Wells perfect timeline/fanfic. He doesn't want Wally there because to him Barry is the only Flash. Chances are Bart will show up and be all "OMG Wally was my Flash" and we'll get a metatextual study on how insane Wally West fanboys are.

DieH@rd

Banned
Good episode, although it's a shame pikaboo got locked up. She did few illegal things out of love, nobody died/got wounded because of her, she deserves a chance for redemption.

Great cliffhanger & promo for next week.

Frog-fu

Banned
Wally is alternate universe Reverse Flash. Boom. Where are your comic books now?

Second theory: Grodd is an apeshifter. He took on the appearance of a young woman "Linda" to scope out Flash.

Great episode. The villain wasn't very exciting in her motives or characterization but was entertaining to watch in that Barry couldn't outspeed her. AV Club was harsh

• Cisco is shockingly good at fighting.
  • Barry + Caitlin is hot, even if she can sometimes be cold.
  • Linda Park is smoking hot, but if she's that impulsive she'll probably end up with another man.
  • Looking forward to the fallout over Firestorm.
  • Grant Gustin's singing is a force of nature.
  • Going ape over Gorilla Grodd.

Oh you!

Nice Killer Frost reference

strafer

Amazing episode.

Drunk Caitlin <3

Barry and his dad last scene :(

Also, I thought the last scene in the sewers would reveal Killer Croc. :D

Hamlet

Good episode. Dumb move on Cisco's part but damn wasn't expecting him to bring out those fighting moves out of nowhere. Barry and Caitlin's trip to the bar was cute, shame we didn't get to see more of Barry singing. The show continues to really nail the father bonding moments. Lovely speech from Henry Allen at the end there.

Grodd teaser at the end was really cool. Can't wait to see more of him.

Briarios

I don't believe the romance is important when renewing the show. Plenty of series over the existence of TV haven't had romantic centers and have prospered.

It's ok that you don't believe that, people believe lots of things that are wrong.

The fact is, that is the CWs niche -- they have a very high percentage of female viewers and an excellent record of overseas syndication. A lot of cultures pretty much demand that type of drama in their TV shows. Look at Nikita -- that was the only reason it kept getting renewed with dismal ratings: they could still make money off of it. Even as popular as The Flash and Arrow are, a show like Castle gets 2.5 times the viewers.

If The Flash were on any other network, it would be cancelled.

Wiktor

It's ok that you don't believe that, people believe lots of things that are wrong.

The fact is, that is the CWs niche -- they have a very high percentage of female viewers and an excellent record of overseas syndication. A lot of cultures pretty much demand that type of drama in their TV shows. Look at Nikita -- that was the only reason it kept getting renewed with dismal ratings: they could still make money off of it. Even as popular as The Flash and Arrow are, a show like Castle gets 2.5 times the viewers.

What's more. You remove soapy romance from the show it stops being proper superhero show.

samn

I really enjoy the romance. I wish I was THE FLASH and had all these women running after me having me take their clothes off at super speed.

Wiktor

Also..it's another episode with those awesome natural reactions that I don't think I have ever seen an action series put in so regularly. I mean Barry laughing at Caitlin's hangover.

DeathyBoy

Banned
Also..it's another episode with those awesome natural reactions that I don't think I have ever seen an action series put in so regularly. I mean Barry laughing at Caitlin's hangover.

It really makes the show. Joe laughing at Barry's distorted voice earlier in S1 was brilliant too. So weird to see friendships and parenting with minimal angst.

abundant

If it got the same ratings on another network, this would be true, but at the same time if The Flash was on ABC, FOX, CBS, or NBC, it would have a larger pool of potential viewers. That's the key, CW isn't as widely available to the masses like the big 4 networks are, so if The Flash was on one of those network, there's a real chance that it'd be doing better then it is now.

If it got the same ratings on another network, this would be true, but at the same time if The Flash was on ABC, FOX, CBS, or NBC, it would have a larger pool of potential viewers. That's the key, CW isn't as widely available to the masses like the big 4 networks are, so if The Flash was on one of those network, there's a real chance that it'd be doing better then it is now.

CW is widely available. It's just not widely watched. Case in point NBC shows ratings have dropped way lower than the network got say 6 or 7 years ago. Nothing to do with visibility and everything to do with people not watching the shows.

Remember when Barry wanted to help the other metahumans? Post Reverse Flash hes a bit of a jerk in that regard. Poor Peekaboo, stuck in that tiny ass room for breaking someone out of prison (something Barry technically did) and stealing some money. Joe needs to have a talk with that boy

Just watched the Captain Cold \ heatwave \ Prison Break circle jerkathon.

What an utterly stupidly written episode. Get them to cross the streams to cancel each gun out? Seriously?

How about the Flash just disarms them with superspeed in an instant. Voila! Episode over.

Honestly, I feel like I watch this show to see what the Reverse Flash is going to do as the writing is so inconsistent.

Chariot

Remember when Barry wanted to help the other metahumans? Post Reverse Flash hes a bit of a jerk in that regard. Poor Peekaboo, stuck in that tiny ass room for breaking someone out of prison (something Barry technically did) and stealing some money. Joe needs to have a talk with that boy
Uhhh. She was doing crimes and condoned murder (her boyfriend shooting Flash in the neck, probably aimed at his head).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom