• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash |OT| Gotta Go Fast - Tuesdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just watched the latest episode. Wow, Barry really doesn't dip the pen in company's ink. Caitlin's dropping hints and he goes to call up Linda.

Nice to see Barry finally being able to talk to his dad without that glass separating them. Them feels at the end....

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
Just watched the Captain Cold heatwave Prison Break circle jerkathon.

What an utterly stupidly written episode. Get them to cross the streams to cancel each gun out? Seriously?

How about the Flash just disarms them with superspeed in an instant. Voila! Episode over.

Honestly, I feel like I watch this show to see what the Reverse Flash is going to do as the writing is so inconsistent.
The funniest thing about it is that was the biggest complaint and in the next episode he disarms a bad guy within like the first five minutes. Dude points a gun and Barry just snatched it. I laughed at it.

Anyways, this episode was awesome. I love the genuine emotion, and the convo with dad at the end was great. As was: "How do you manage to speak six languages and sound like a dick in all of them?"

Just watched the Captain Cold \ heatwave \ Prison Break circle jerkathon.

What an utterly stupidly written episode. Get them to cross the streams to cancel each gun out? Seriously?

How about the Flash just disarms them with superspeed in an instant. Voila! Episode over.

Barry always stops moving and gets owned in every episode. There would be no show if he would just run up to people, dodge their inaccurate attack, and knock them out.

Only to be torpedoed by another ship in the foreseeable future.

Also, all Season 1 needs now is to give Joe an excuse to sing.
He was in Rent.
I saw this then I tried to remember who he played. Then I remembered now I cannot unsee him as that guy.

Neoxon

I hope Barry and Caitlin blossom into a full blown romance.
Well I'm afraid I have some bad news.
Caitlin gets back with Ronnie once they separate him from Martin, & Barry ends up with Iris like in the comics. Not to mention Caitlin's fate to become Killer Frost.

Wiktor

I've hear the theories of Caitlin going back to
Ronnie because as Killer Frost she will need heat to survive
. But I wonder if Barry can't create enough..ehhmm...friction, to fill that role ;)

Neoxon

I've hear the theories of Caitlin going back to
Ronnie because as Killer Frost she will need heat to survive
. But I wonder if Barry can't create enough..ehhmm...friction, to fill that role ;)
You're forgetting the detail that
Barry will end up with Iris.

Good episode.

I really liked the opening scene with the couple thanking Flash. It's going to be great when he eventually gets the key to the city and the rogues attack the ceremony.

Shawna/Peek a Boo - lawd have mercy. Interesting character, but a dick move to lock her in the meta prison/pipeline. I mean, I get the reason why, but she could totally be reformed, more so than anyone else in the pipeline right now...

The Barry/father scene was nice.

Cisco with them elite tier fighting skills. Stupid of him to let the Pied Piper out though.

That bullet catch tho. Incredible.

Caitlin in that dress - GODDAMN.

Yup, Cisco was a damn fool to let him out. Come on, bro. You should have let someone now what you were up to...

Drunk Caitlin was hilarious. That singing tho. Oh my god.

Linda Park - where do they find these beautiful women? Come on, shit's crazy.

You deserve a peek. Oh my god, I lost it.

Loved the scene with Julius. Reminded me a lot of the animated version of Flash.

That Flash Stomp. Nice to see Barry starting to add more moves and mix things up.

So Iris has to know it's Barry. The picture clearly shows it's Barry and yet no-one seems to actually make the connection. At least the father isn't so stupid...

GROOD! Holy shit, I thought we wouldn't be seeing him again until season 2.

ZeroX03

Banned
Seriously. He didn't even steal a peek.

Good guys don't sneak peeks, even if they deserve to.

Well I'm afraid I have some bad news.
Caitlin gets back with Ronnie once they separate him from Martin, & Barry ends up with Iris like in the comics. Not to mention Caitlin's fate to become Killer Frost.

Oliver was with Laurel near the end of season one of Arrow and that lasted all of one episode. Things can change very quickly, nothing is so set in stone.

Chariot

GROOD! Holy shit, I thought we wouldn't be seeing him again until season 2.
Well, "seeing" is a bit much. I rather have him in the shadows or off-screen most of the time if they can't effort good special effects for him. The effects so far are very good, but I still worry over the display of a sentient gorilla.

Well, "seeing" is a bit much. I rather have him in the shadows or off-screen most of the time if they can't effort good special effects for him. The effects so far are very good, but I still worry over the display of a sentient gorilla.

I do agree that he's better suited to the shadows and that they try to keep his screen as limited as possible, but it's GROOD, he can't stay there for too long.

I just can't wait for him to speak.

If they keep the teasing up for the rest of this season and have him be a main focus in season 2, that could work out pretty well? I really don't want them to rush him. Slow build up and then huge reveal.

DeathyBoy

Banned

They'll nail Grodd like they do everything else.

Hence the slow-burn. They probably have some guys working solely on getting the Grodd effects program right. And after the leaps forward from DOTPOTA shooting apes stuff in real locations...

Chariot

I do agree that he's better suited to the shadows and that they try to keep his screen as limited as possible, but it's GROOD, he can't stay there for too long.

I just can't wait for him to speak.

If they keep the teasing up for the rest of this season and have him be a main focus in season 2, that could work out pretty well? I really don't want them to rush him. Slow build up and then huge reveal.
It would be amazing if we would get a regular scene of him slowly getting stronger and more influential. Like he is starting out in the gutters, goes over some bums, into a poor district and so on, until he is at the top of some company or something like that.

They'll nail Grodd like they do everything else.

Hence the slow-burn. They probably have some guys working solely on getting the Grodd effects program right. And after the leaps forward from DOTPOTA shooting apes stuff in real locations...
Well, you're certainly right. The series didn't fucked up so far, they won't do at Grodd. But I have Optimus Primal banging on the backside of my head.

You got a gif or something?

Oops, had one hard to post on my iPad didn't go though for some reason and not working now. Someone will provided the terrifying goods soon. It was really, really bad. I actually was confused considering how well The Flash seems to pull off CGI.

Bigby

You got a gif or something?

There was one earlier in the thread:

well The Flash wins. the one on The 100 isn't great at all.

vY6I02t.gif

if you see it in motion you can see the terrible CGI. but that would be spoilery.

Skux

I love the romance stuff. It gives balance and fun to the show, and without it'd just be a really clever police procedural with superpowers (although that'd still be a pretty kickass show).

Most importantly it hellps make the characters human and relateable. Go on Tumblr, Twitter, Reddit, comic book forums, wherever, people love these characters and get super invested in them, not because of their superpowers, but because of their character and interactions with other characters.

I did a mental fist pump when Barry showed up at Iris' office to go on a date with Linda. She was all "Da fuck?!" Not only is he no longer Iris' lapdog, he gets to rub it in her face by going out with the hottest girl in the office.

anaron

Speaking of special effects

VFX: THE FLASH’s VFX Whiz Armen Kevorkian & Team Nominated for Visual Effects Society Award (great article detailing his work on the show and test footage)

The Flash’s scarlet speedster regularly does impossible things — like running super fast down West Hastings Street to rescue a bike messenger or running super fast on the surface of English Bay to dispose of a human bomb or running super fast up the Guiness Tower — thanks to a visual effects team led by Armen Kevorkian in Los Angeles. Encore Hollywood is nominated for a Visual Effects Society award tomorrow night and today Kevorkian talked to me a bit about his “meta-human factory”.

The key to making those scenes look as photo-real as possible — a light stage capture of The Flash and other characters to create top quality digital doubles. From Grant Gustin’s face to a full body scan.

For example, the scene where the Flash rescues a bike courier struck by a Central City cab was done first as a stunt on the 1000 block West Hastings Street with the stunt performer pulled up and out of the way by stunt wires each time the cab hit the bike. I was there to see the live action.

Encore Hollywood then added a fully CG Flash with his signature red blur and bits of lightning to save him. Slow-motion cameras let them slow down the action to see The Flash connecting with the courier.

Since then, fully CG Flash continues to do impossible stunt after impossible stunt but with different less-expensive cameras (ARRI Alexas) and more work done in post-production.

Kevorkian's favourite: he’s “most proud of Firestorm” (Robbie Amell) — especially in next week’s The Nuclear Man. It’s not the first time Kevorkian’s team has animated Robbie Amell — Encore Hollywood did the visual effects for shot-in-Vancouver The Tomorrow People.

KingK

That episode was fucking great. Might be my favorite yet.

Cisco kicking ass
Barry singing
Flash catching a bullet
Barry/father scene
and GORILLA GRODD at the end!

It would be amazing if we would get a regular scene of him slowly getting stronger and more influential. Like he is starting out in the gutters, goes over some bums, into a poor district and so on, until he is at the top of some company or something like that..

I would love this. Grodd taking control of an influential and powerful company from the shadows with Barry and co investigating what's happening with regards to their sudden change in direction, end the episode where they discover the truth with Grodd sitting in a chair and smirking at Barry.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
How old is Cisco supposed to be ? For someone that smart he really acts dumb lol....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom