• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash |OT| Gotta Go Fast - Tuesdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skux

Cleared up photo of Grodd, from Reddit

CX0iSx7.jpg

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
What is going on in here?!
First a gorilla under Central City and now were comparing Smoak to Snow??

gh9nr2A.gif

Isnt it kinda wrong of them locking up that women in the pipeline cell?

She could say how she never actually hurt or killed anyone just wanted money and she is no danger to people.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member

She could say how she never actually hurt or killed anyone just wanted money and she is no danger to people.

Thought the same.

Nerdy girl in that dress was :eek:

It's ok that you don't believe that, people believe lots of things that are wrong.

The fact is, that is the CWs niche -- they have a very high percentage of female viewers and an excellent record of overseas syndication. A lot of cultures pretty much demand that type of drama in their TV shows. Look at Nikita -- that was the only reason it kept getting renewed with dismal ratings: they could still make money off of it. Even as popular as The Flash and Arrow are, a show like Castle gets 2.5 times the viewers.

If The Flash were on any other network, it would be cancelled.

This is a weird argument. People watch shows based on their network? I'm sure people have a soft understanding of networks such as HGTV is more for the DIY people.

Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead sure weren't part of AMCs original viewship (which generally wasn't that high) but now AMC boasts the highest rated(?) TV series right now. People go where the shows are. Crunchyroll gets more subs and viewers when Attack on Titan is there because that's where the show is.

The network doesn't bring the audience, the show brings the audience.

ZeroX03

Banned
This is a weird argument. People watch shows based on their network? I'm sure people have a soft understanding of networks such as HGTV is more for the DIY people.

Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead sure weren't part of AMCs original viewship (which generally wasn't that high) but now AMC boasts the highest rated(?) TV series right now. People go where the shows are. Crunchyroll gets more subs and viewers when Attack on Titan is there because that's where the show is.

You're both right. It's a combination of multiple elements who watches a show. Network does matter. Show quality also matters. People expectations of a show based on the network, name or actors matters to viewership. Money, promotional power and broadcasting scope - of which something like The CW does have less of - are also important.

The Cowboy

Add in that she also has what would be considered a much harsher torture cell compared to the other peoples (mental torture)l, as they stated her cell is mirrored on the inside (to stop her teleporting out).

Think of it, its bad enough your locked into a tiny cell with what appears to have zero toilet facilities or even any places to actually lie down - but for her she also gets a nice full size mirror to constantly see herself in this situation.

I really do hope at some point that they address the cells, right now they make no sense at all.

Skux

Networks also get their own reputation based on their roster and its quality. People think an HBO show is almost like high art because of their history of quality dramas, lack of advertising breaks and aversion to product placement. I've even checked out shows simply because of the thought "Well it's on HBO, so it must be pretty good."

The CW by comparison is seen as a much more youth and female focused channel with lots of dramas about people in high school/early 20s, pop culture trends like vampires and superheroes, and liberal use of licensed music.

infi

Add in that she also has what would be considered a much harsher torture cell compared to the other peoples (mental torture)l, as they stated her cell is mirrored on the inside (to stop her teleporting out).

Think of it, its bad enough your locked into a tiny cell with what appears to have zero toilet facilities or even any places to actually lie down - but for her she also gets a nice full size mirror to constantly see herself in this situation.

I really do hope at some point that they address the cells, right now they make no sense at all.

My biggest issue is that Barry likes the prison. Someone like Wells or Ollie I can understand treating people like this but that Barry enjoys it too just doesn't seem right to me.

Kieli

Don't mean to offend anyone, but is this show recommended?

I like superhero stuff (Batman, Avengers, Spiderman, etc). I see the entire first season is available on google/iTunes. Not sure if I should dig in.

Skux

I like superhero stuff (Batman, Avengers, Spiderman, etc). I see the entire first season is available on google/iTunes. Not sure if I should dig in.

Absolutely, it's the best comics-based TV show on right now.

TDLink

Yes. I would say it's the best superhero show currently on the air.

Xamdou

Yeap best Super-hero show, up there with the Arrow!

infi

Flash starts off pretty good unlike Arrow or Agents of Shield so you should be able to tell if it a show you'll like after a few episodes.

Personally I think this is a good fun superhero show and less serious than Arrow so it easier to watch.

It's not gonna actually sink in to me that I'm actually going to see a live action GORILLA FUCKING GRODD until I see Flash punch him in the fast.

squall23

So how does Wells get to and from work? I mean, his legs don't seem to work 100% of the time so I don't think he drives a car, and if he was seen driving a car the other characters would get suspicious.

Shaanyboi

Banned

It's a genuinely fun show. Feels like a live-action Spider-Man series, tonally, I'd say. A far better start than Arrow or S.H.I.E.L.D.

Skux

So how does Wells get to and from work? I mean, his legs don't seem to work 100% of the time so I don't think he drives a car, and if he was seen driving a car the other characters would get suspicious.

You can have a car modified to be driven without pedals. Wells could have it done for show but still use the pedals.

This has started to really bother me. I mean, when you really think about it, it is completely disturbing. Executing these metahumans would be more humane than what we have been shown.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I'm also getting pretty sick and tired of seeing the Police just show up places. Like, where are the cars? And who put the gasoline into those cars?

jwk94

You don't really need working legs to drive a car nowaday though. There are special cars for the disabled.

guek

Banned
Honestly, after seeing that last episode, I really hope Caitlin and Barry just stay really good friends. It may seem odd but that's really the kind of relationship I had with all of my friends, guys and gals, during my high school years. Unfortunately we're talking CW here so it's pretty much guaranteed unless Caitlin dies or goes insane when she becomes Killer Frost.

Also, Cisco could have taken such better safeguards. At least have an extra remote on you, something!

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
So
Grodd

He's setting up to be a major arc in season two right? Is that the prevailing thought?

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
They wouldn't be teasing him so much this season if he wasn't going to show up in a big way before this season ends.
You think? Hope you're right but after the last tease we got nothing for months. It's absolutely amazing how much they have packed into this show so far!

DeathyBoy

Banned
its CW so its gonna be.
So
Flash. Bashed

My guess?
Barry is kicking Wells ass. Grodd shows up. Wells tells him to attack Barry. Grodd just stares at Wells, and then fucking roars: WEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLS. Then Grodd fucking tries to eat Wells, until Barry stops him with a 'we can be heroes, speech.'

I just watched the latest episode. Wow, Barry really doesn't dip the pen in company's ink. Caitlin's dropping hints and he goes to call up Linda.

Nice to see Barry finally being able to talk to his dad without that glass separating them. Them feels at the end....

That and she's drunk...

My guess?
Barry is kicking Wells ass. Grodd shows up. Wells tells him to attack Barry. Grodd just stares at Wells, and then fucking roars: WEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLS. Then Grodd fucking tries to eat Wells, until Barry stops him with a 'we can be heroes, speech.'

For just one day?

pulga

Banned
Yeeess, fantastic return to form!

+ A villain that can believably give a speedster trouble
+ Barry/Dad and Barry/Joe scenes are amazing.
+ Caitlin was adorable this episode. "Can I please start a tab?" :lol plus she totally wants the D.
+ Cisco got some moves.
+ Barry mackin right in front of Iris.
+ MOTHERFUCKIN GORILLA GRODD!!!

- Something needs to be done about that prison, it's just stupidly inhumane what's going on down there :lol poor PAB doesn't deserve to be in there.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I still don't buy it they will do Grodd justice. The day I see a talking gorilla on the flash is the day I proclaim it a top 5 ever show :p

Also the gap in quality between flash and arrow these days is embarrassing (for arrow that is)

Carbonox

Finally up to date on the show after being a couple of episodes behind. The Captain Cold one was legit shit (I find the character fucking awful) but the latest two were sublime.

Couldn't help but laugh at those explosion effects in the Pied Piper episode when he blasts the cars off the dam. :lol

Still, really enjoyable episodes and Grodd's gonna be an interesting one.

Show is probably my favourite out of them all right now. Enjoyable, funny and not even remotely cringe like much of Arrow has become. That show's improved for the second half but is still half the show The Flash is.

Chariot

Flash surpassed Arrow in my eyes within three episodes simply by embracing it's nature and not worrying too much about teen angst.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom