• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT| The Year of the...uh...Platypus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edmond Dantès;39140460 said:
I think that was more because of a dislike for Ron Dennis rather than having anything against Lewis himself. He disliked the favouritism towards Lewis and petulantly took it out on the wrong person.

Alonso, being a petulant idiot? Never...

Shaneus

Oh man, I don't think I can spend any more money in F1RM. My driver lineup can't really improve without putting me into debt and same with engines/chassis. There's some weird pricing on there, so I'll just have to bank this 6mil I have in the kitty :)

Shaneus

Seriously thinking of going all in with Lotus. Can afford them for both engine and chassis... or do I go for FI with one just to be safe? They've been good, consistent finishers... probably the best next to RBR as far as being bankable goes.

HMMM.

untitled-1pgbwj.gif
untitled-2eyl8v.gif

Is De La Rosa alright? It was an unspectacular crash and not all that fast, but he stopped very suddenly... it looked worse than Petrov's weird one in Monaco 2011 that sent him to hospital...

Dilly

Banned
Is De La Rosa alright? It was an unspectacular crash and not all that fast, but he stopped very suddenly... it looked worse than Petrov's weird one in Monaco 2011 that sent him to hospital...

If I remember it correctly that was because Petrov is quite large and because of that it's easier for him to injure his lower back.

Or something like that.

Driving for HRT has gotta be depressing. Constantly fighting a car that can bite back at any corner and the best result you can aim for is not being dead last.

DBT85

Read something on f1technical about RBR coming up with a clever fairing to cover the drive shafts.

http://www.omnicorse.it/magazine/19...bull-ora-carena-il-semiasse-dentro-due-bracci

shelly on f1technical said:
omnicorse reports that rbr have evolved the concept of driveshaft fairing by using the suspension arm and the trackrod to buid two partial farings and loophole around the rule that forbids closed fairings.

very interesting and in line with what was discussed in this thread in preseason. Also nice picture of the suspension arms.

Driveshaft fairing is a newey trademark since 1994. A circular rotating cylinder has an upwash effect, and its drag is around 1 order of magnitude greater than the drag of a faired cylinder of the same height.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom