• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT| The Year of the...uh...Platypus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omiee

Thanks andy, that looks very very slick.

hope its an upgrade and not something they will use for 1 race only before going back to an old setup

3xZsb.jpg

I don't know why, but that looks very illegal to me. :lol

Omiee

Looks like torro rosso have an update to their exhaust looking a lot like the mclaren one. RBR could test it at torro rosso and see if it could be useful for them.

but rbr's new package looks nicee

Xun

You guys seen this?

London 2012 Olympics: plan to hold Formula One race in and around Olympic Stadium on bid shortlist

Telegraph Sport can reveal that the ambitious plan that could allow another British round of the world championship - Silverstone is locked into a long-term deal - to be staged in Stratford is one of four bids accepted for consideration by the London Legacy Development Corporation earlier this year.

The bid was tabled by a company based in Wanstead, east London, which discussed its plans with Formula One chief executive Bernie Ecclestone before finalising its bid.

Ecclestone confirmed that he had been approached and that he had expressed an interest in staging the race if the bid was successful.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/mo...-around-Olympic-Stadium-on-bid-shortlist.html

Igo

You guys seen this?

London 2012 Olympics: plan to hold Formula One race in and around Olympic Stadium on bid shortlist
Boo this.

Any F1 race in London needs to feature The Mall, Buckingham Palace and Trafalgar Square.

AndyD

aka andydumi
The first F1 race on cobblestones.

The cars would disintegrate in mid lap from the vibration. I mean it would be a pretty location but logistically impossible. The eiffel tower on the other hand would work. Go down by the military hospital then back up along the seine.

kharma45

Well for the first time I've got the option of both Sky and BBC for this weekend, which is the better one to go for for quali and the race?

Omiee

shumi looked pretty fast in second practice. i think he has a big chance of taking pole tomorrow.

i would def root for him to win the race sunday.

that is if vettel cant take his second win for the season.

Lucius86

Banned
Boo this.

Any F1 race in London needs to feature The Mall, Buckingham Palace and Trafalgar Square.

I will have a chat with Bernie, because I am sure my house can accommodate all the grid girls without a problem - they will be well looked after and in top-tier hospitality at a cheap price. That's one thing off his worry list for the race.

Lach

Not having followed the FP's so far. How is Jenson doing? Thinking about switching from Romain to him in f1racemanager. Button has been really bad lately, but Grosjean has a 50/50 chance of not finishing the race...

Sloane

Banned
shumi looked pretty fast in second practice. i think he has a big chance of taking pole tomorrow.

i would def root for him to win the race sunday.
Let's root for him to finish a race for once first.

Doubt Schumi has a shot at the pole though, Vettel baby will probably get it.

Not having followed the FP's so far. How is Jenson doing? Thinking about switching from Romain to him in f1racemanager. Button has been really bad lately, but Grosjean has a 50/50 chance of not finishing the race...
He looked a bit better but the McLaren didn't seem especially fast yesterday. I'd probably wait and see how P3 goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom