• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

Zeknurn

Merc collected 86% of possible points with this result. A new record in F1... Not a positive one for the fans though

Save us Bernie, get that independent engine introduced.

Edit: There's that obligatory last lap radio message where the race leader might have a problem but he doesn't really. Never change FOM.

dakun

Grosjean coming back to the group he was in before the stop proves merc took a race winning strategy from him by not giving him the softer tires

I have not seen that. Source?

For example: https://thef1news.com/f1-news/verstappen-already-looking-for-a-new-team-in-2017.html and more recent: http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns32588.html

I agree that the media hype is just as silly, but he, as a person, has done nothing wrong as far as I can tell and it's not his fault either that he's getting pushed like that. I actually pity him a little, because it's a huge burden and he could fold in no time, despite having some potential. He's still a rookie and overeager sometimes, but it's still his first season. He's not driving like that, because he thinks he's the hottest shit on the grid.

Agreed, but he put himself in this position. He should've stayed in the junior categories for a couple of years and refined his skills.

The thing is that you're doing nothing to counter the media hype, by pointing out every single mistake he makes and calling him Wonderboy while doing it. That's why I think it's a bit silly and why I'm sometimes poking you a little, because I'm an ass.

It's just harmless banter, just like calling Rosberg Britney or Vettel German Jesus. I don't hate Verstappen as a driver, just the hype.

Nico's winning scream has to be the worst. He always sounds like a hurt dog.

Save us Bernie, get that independent engine introduced.

The problem is that even an independent engine manufacturer doesn't guarantee a better sport, if they're on Renault's or Honda's level. But I agree that it might be necessary to stop this political nonsense.

Thank God this season is over. Hopes for 2016:

Ferrari, Williams, McLaren and Raikkonen raise their game
Red Bull are competitive enough to stop moaning
Haas are good
BBC don't fuck us about and sell F1 again

chadskin

Season's over! Onto next year!

a5c0cf22e7fa087ca257a65e7493013c.jpg

Merino

All this says is that he is doing one more year with Torro Rosso and then moving up to another team (most likely Red Bull).

This is completely common for the junior program at Red Bull. Two years maximum as a rookie at Torro Rosso and then either promoted upwards or cast aside.

Max is fortunate enough that if he is not promoted by Red Bull he'll be able to find another team to get a drive.

I don't see any ego or overconfidence in anything Max himself is saying. Everything else is media hype and speculation that only works against him as a driver.

Agreed, but he put himself in this position. He should've stayed in the junior categories for a couple of years and refined his skills.

Time will tell. Maybe it would have been better to do more junior categories maybe this early experience in F1 will make him more perfect as a racing driver.

As far as I can tell Max himself is not letting the media get to him that much. Benefit of being a grounded level headed dutch man I guess.

Wow Ted calling out Mercedes in this Niki Lauda interview for making a boring race.

Yeah, I'm not sure what to think about it. I understand the frustration, but in the end it's not Mercedes' job to make the race exciting and it's not their fault either that they're so dominant. They're obviously doing what's best for the team.

Zeknurn

Verstappen got penalized for ignoring blue flags. I still think we got another Maldonado in the making.

Nico's winning scream has to be the worst. He always sounds like a hurt dog.

The problem is that even an independent engine manufacturer doesn't guarantee a better sport, if they're on Renault's or Honda's level. But I agree that it might be necessary to stop this political nonsense.

The rumored specs and regulations for the independent engines indicates that Bernie will control how competitive they will be. He could make them outperform the hybrids easily.

Zeknurn

Wow Ted calling out Mercedes in this Niki Lauda interview for making a boring race.

Where was he when the situation was reversed and Rosberg had to follow for the early part of the season? Oh right British media. Hamilton should have put it on pole or overtook early in the race if he wanted to win.

Ted is a massive wanker.

Lewis pissed. Why is Mercedes doing this? Do they pity Nico? It's not really in the team's best interest to piss off their champion driver, especially going into the offseason.

Welp. Looking forward to next year to see an American team try to stick their foot in the door. Honda will hopefully be less awful. Midfield will be interesting to see which teams won't bother developing the 2016 cars much to focus on the bigger changes for 2017. Not looking forward to Bernie's ongoing engine nonsense. It's a massive abuse of power to throw your influence around into the performance area.

olore

No, sorry, can´t like Rosberg. Something about him. I acknowledge his driving, but there´s just something that make me dislike him slightly

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Is this the first time that we got wet t-shirt competition on podium? Looks like Mercedes is running out of the team people to send to the podium celebration lol

Is this the first time that we got wet t-shirt competition on podium? Looks like Mercedes is running out of the team people to send to the podium celebration lol
Red Bull sent up different people each race during their domination streak. It's actually a nice touch. Also, lol.

No, sorry, can´t like Rosberg. Something about him. I acknowledge his driving, but there´s just something that make me dislike him slightly

He always comes over as slightly awkward. His jokes never stick and he always seems to be a little too much on the corporate line. It sort of makes him disingenuous.

The rumored specs and regulations for the independent engines indicates that Bernie will control how competitive they will be. He could make them outperform the hybrids easily.

It would be interesting, but I can't see him pissing the manufactures off that much.

It's just harmless banter, just like calling Rosberg Britney or Vettel German Jesus. I don't hate Verstappen as a driver, just the hype.

Alright then. I'm glad we sorted it out then. :)

mclem

I've complained about it before when the recipient was Paddy Lowe

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Seems still no love lost between rosberg and Hamilton. Coulthard gave rosberg a good opportunity on the podium to clear the air.

Business

Lewis pissed. Why is Mercedes doing this? Do they pity Nico? It's not really in the team's best interest to piss off their champion driver, especially going into the offseason.

If anything today proved that in the last few races they saved Hamilton from himself.

olore

Seems still no love lost between rosberg and Hamilton. Coulthard gave rosberg a good opportunity on the podium to clear the air.

I think Coulthard handled the interviews excellently, while not toeing the corporate line to a millimetre, there was some spicy innuendo. Couldn´t quite hear what NR answered, something salty I think, pretty low and classless

What awful questions during the press conference.

"Of the two of you, who's going into winter break with a better feeling?"
"Are you two getting each other Christmas presents?"

Exclusive Ronbo Q&A: http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12...ns-hopes-for-2016-and-fernando-alonsos-future

We've been working on next year's engine for some time now and the question is how long before you freeze it and start optimising reliability. But we'll have the performance and we'll take a pretty big step up the grid at the first grand prix.

Fernando's in the car next year. He told everybody yesterday. Somebody asked me whether it was feasible he could have a sabbatical year and I said anything's feasible; we talk about it being one of the options but the same journalist forgets that I said at the end of it 'but Fernando and Jenson are driving next year.

So off goes the story when in reality I made it explicitly clear yesterday, as I am now, that the two drivers for next year are Jenson and Fernando.

We've gained sponsors, we've had several long extensions - Hilton Hotels for example - we won a great contract from Hennessy Moet, contracts that are worth multiples more to the team than contracts that we lost. People move on, it's sad but it's Formula 1.

Horner confirms Red Bull will have Honda power? He said Ronbo won't be happy when they make their announcement.

Wouldn't suprise me, Honda clearly want Red Bull (better chassis) than Mclaren. Honda would probably prefer Red Bull as works team than Mclaren.

Question is whether Mclaren veto supersedes the deal with the FIA and Bernie.

Zeknurn

Horner confirms Red Bull will have Honda power? He said Ronbo won't be happy when they make their announcement.

Horner must be playing the media because when talking to the BBC crew yesterday he said it's easy to guess which engine they will be using.

Wouldn't suprise me, Honda clearly want Red Bull (better chassis) than Mclaren. Honda would probably prefer Red Bull as works team than Mclaren.

Question is whether Mclaren veto supersedes the deal with the FIA and Bernie.

If the agreement that Honda would supply a second team in their second season is in a written contract I don't think McLaren can do anything about it.

itsgreen

Kinda baffled by the penalty for Max vs penalty of Bottas...

The punishment for hitting another car in the pits seems a bit low in comparison? People could have gotten hurt...

Zeknurn

Kinda baffled by the penalty for Max vs penalty of Bottas...

The punishment for hitting another car in the pits seems a bit low in comparison? People could have gotten hurt...

There's a difference in intent. The Bottas early release was a mistake by the team and they paid the price, where as Verstappen intentionally ignored blue flags for a whole lap in front of Hamilton.

He's a rookie and he needs to learn to follow the rules.

He's now got 8 out of the 12 needed points for a one race ban.
http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2015/11/29/verstappen-two-thirds-of-the-way-towards-ban/

edit: Hey we almost made it to 20k posts.

Top Bottom